Submit

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm
So there is this girl I used to know, and I saw her avatar and thought it was interesting. After looking at her profile, I noticed it was the same as another person's.

That part really doesn't surprise me. This girl couldn't figure out what a shirt is on this site to save her life.

And knowing this, I checked to see if she even owned any of these items. Sure enough, this girl made the friend ghost her avatar to twin it.

I don't have problems with people twinning but at least use your own items. XP But that's just tacky and desperate. I'm surprised the other girl said yes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 pm
wow i feel like a completely normal human being now. I've never felt....comfortable twinning?

I feel weird discussing Gaia irl, but it's with pat anyways so he knows what the ******** i'm talking about??

I sometimes feel obsessive because I realize I've been using this website over 2 different accounts since 2004. But then I feel completely better when I go to like...a gaia panel at a convention and I'm not the person sitting behind me, screeching dumb gaia-memes that were old then. xd  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 pm
Prince Ichi
wow i feel like a completely normal human being now. I've never felt....comfortable twinning?

I feel weird discussing Gaia irl, but it's with pat anyways so he knows what the ******** i'm talking about??

I sometimes feel obsessive because I realize I've been using this website over 2 different accounts since 2004. But then I feel completely better when I go to like...a gaia panel at a convention and I'm not the person sitting behind me, screeching dumb gaia-memes that were old then. xd

I'll dress to match a friend of mine but we don't ever dress the same. XP Partly because I hate ghosting and our inventories are really different. XD

I've been here on and off since '05 but I've never been to a con. xd I just assume sticking with the same website for so long is cool. >o>

I dunno though. Maybe I'm being weird about it but to me ghosting the same avatar would be like going to school and a friend wanting to wear the outfit you're wearing. o.o;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:21 pm
every once in a while i get intense flashes of WHY AM I STILL ON THIS SITE.  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:06 am
[color=emo]

This happens to me too. Especially when I recently turned 18 and realized I'd been here since I was 14! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:53 am
[color=emo]

Same here @_@ it happens a lot in the CB.  

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 am
Yeah, me too. I'm like "I've been on here 5 years, wtf."

Even I had grown bored of Neopets in under 5 years. (if you want to talk about a dead site, that'd be Neopets. Gaia has more daily users than Neopets.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:49 am
[color=emo]

ah yes same  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Pyres

Enduring Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 pm
I take great offense to the fact you call twinning an obsession of wanting to be the other person.

I personally mimic people purely out of fun, and it usually involves my own items... Now if it's twin-avis and relatively similar names.. that's where you can say they're obsessed.

As far as having a twin myself, my avis are usually too expensive and people don't bother unless they can 'ghost my items' but too many people will take the items and run and I have zero faith in Gaia's support system.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:24 pm
[color=emo]

Same. Then I realise it's good to kill time while waiting for tea to brew sweatdrop  

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sabin le Rose

Shameless Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 pm
If you go and take a lookit NightIntent's avatar it's identical to mine.

On purpose.
We are NIbin, and all will become one with NIbin.
Mostly because it's fun to screw around with people who have to double and triple take when they see one of us post.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 pm
[color=emo]

because you luff me and wanna see if I manage to actually pull off my quest. heart  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

xcrimsonlegendx

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:43 pm
I don't know what I'd do, I'd probably say no to ghosting my s**t but at the same time if someone felt the need to waste several million gold on Prunnies, I'd be kinda flattered I guess. o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 pm
I find it fun to twin occasionally, but since I like this site primarily to dress up my avatar...yeah, it's gonna change from time to time without warning. I'll try and twin with my other account (Ryo Dracosin) But since he's a dude, it's never identical, though it's fun to get on towns with both of them and mess with people.

Also: MEEERROOO *glomps* ^_^ hai! :3  

Rya Dracosin

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Denham

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:36 pm
        I-I've never felt like twinning or ghosting, I usually get antsy having my own avatar for a certain period of time, forget someone else's. Sometimes I find myself refreshing different forums aimlessly until something comes up and feel a little obsessive but it's usually just me procrastinating from doing homework.

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff