Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
Could I get some criticism?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anilemy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm
Hello. I've been an anime artist for 6 years, and have tried to move on to comic book art. This is one of my recent arts, could I get so criticism on it? Please don't be brutal >< It's Poison Ivy from Batman.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 pm
it looks really good. i think you're getting the comic book art down really well.
i love the curve of her butt. XP

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Anilemy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:28 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
it looks really good. i think you're getting the comic book art down really well.
i love the curve of her butt. XP

lol thank you, it took 5 tries to get it perfect  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:52 pm
Well, since you did say brutal...I will be as nit-picky as possible >: D

The black area to the bottom right. It seems you got a bit lazy on it since it's easier than shading the actual character but I would say to try and make it smoother and even. I can see different directions in your strokes and because not all of them are even, some rows are darker than others and there are small white spots you missed while shading. Also, some of the black leaked into the bottom leaf's outline. Other areas include her hair and bottom leaves.

I guess the only area where I see could use improvement is shading.
Nice job on her hands. I like how the wrinkles on her middle finger make it look like she's got a grip on that bush/leaves. Nice job on face and body. 3nodding  

PiratePockyPoo

VVhispering VVind

Quotable Genius

5,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm
I can't criticize it.. it is too amazing 4laugh the only thing I can possibly think of to make it better is to color it..  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:47 pm
I agree with PiratePockyPoo the only thing I can see fault with it is the lower right corner. Unless you did it on purpose it'd be better if it was all in one direction.. maybe you could try adding some shadding into the hair instead of all the same. I dunno how it looked in the manga but the heel of her foot looks like its protruding too much not sure.. = Well those are my thoughts. Its an awesome peice of work  

Jin4444

Greedy Noob

5,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Plz_Delete_My_Account

Shy Member

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 pm
I can be pretty mean when criticizing (if i feel like it)
but I'll try to be nice this time ^_^

The foot looks a bit odd. When you like colored and shaded, it seemed a bit lazy. The same with the lines on the leaves, but who can blame ya? Drawing the lines can be annoying -__- Unless you meant to shade, I son't think you had to draw that much lines for the leaves.
Other than those, It looks great ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:38 am
wow its nice  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Traditional Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash