Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Help put pressure on gaia to reverse some recent nerfing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm
I posted this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/glowing-fish-or-lack-thereof-in-a-full-tank/t.78219233_1/#6, Would you support me and start a demand for things to improve?

Quote:
I just had a glow and only one fish glowed in my booty grab tank. I keep it full at 17 fish, yet I am lucky if I get a glow above 7 fish. It NEVER glows at over 12 fish.

I am requesting that there be a min. fish glow for booty grab tanks of at least 4 fish and all bg tanks glow with all 17 fish at least once every 20 glows. There is no way to recoup the initial outlay of expenses this way, let alone make a profit. It is not worth my time and money to maintain a tank at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:49 pm
If that quote is talking about Memphis then she never fulled glowed anyways. Even if you had a full tank of 17 fish you were extremely lucky even if the tank health and everything was maxed out to get all 17 to glow at once. I think the most I ever saw was maybe 14 glowing at once. Having a tank is never going to net anyone a profit at the way the current prices are. Yeah some of the guides would have you think otherwise, but if your using gold to buy the fish from the MP then you won't be making any kind of profit to get your gold back. If you were to use GC then it would be all profit, but even then you would either need to spend real life money or just be lucky to do enough offers to make enough to keep your tank stocked all the time. Like if you were to do the free offers daily for 10 to 15GC a day and earned enough to buy a full tank of dolphins say you wouldn't be able to make enough in GC in 4 months to make another full tank unless you were lucky and lucked out on all the offers they have.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm
I do realise that bg tanks are no longer profitable. So when this one dies, that's it, I am done having one. If they wanted to kill the game, they are doing quite well at it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm
Excluding the costs of buying new Dolphins for my tank (with Gold), I make at least 1 million Gold in profit every month. neutral  

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 pm
@ Blood, but think about how popular your tank is though?

So if I go off the average price from the MP that would be 108k and that would be 1,836,000 gold spent on them. So in a whole month your making at least 2.8 mil then? Since they only live for a month.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm
azndreams

So if I go off the average price from the MP that would be 108k and that would be 1,836,000 gold spent on them. So in a whole month your making at least 2.8 mil then? Since they only live for a month.

Memphis the mermaid lives for forty weeks. I've made nearly 31 mil gold using Memphis mermaids. My only problem now is that they've removed them from Phin Phang. Hoping they bring them back as they did bring the dolphins back. I bought my mermaids with Gaia Cash using money earned from the tree and other offers on Gaia. Never spent a cent of my own money. Lately Gaia has been nerfing like crazy though, just like Gengrin said, and it's really going to tick off a lot of Gaians, including me!  

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 pm
glengrin
I posted this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/glowing-fish-or-lack-thereof-in-a-full-tank/t.78219233_1/#6, Would you support me and start a demand for things to improve?

Quote:
I just had a glow and only one fish glowed in my booty grab tank. I keep it full at 17 fish, yet I am lucky if I get a glow above 7 fish. It NEVER glows at over 12 fish.

I am requesting that there be a min. fish glow for booty grab tanks of at least 4 fish and all bg tanks glow with all 17 fish at least once every 20 glows. There is no way to recoup the initial outlay of expenses this way, let alone make a profit. It is not worth my time and money to maintain a tank at the moment.

I agree with you completely. Gaia has always nerfed, but not as bad as lately!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 pm
GailAnne Munchkin
glengrin

Quote:

I agree with you completely. Gaia has always nerfed, but not as bad as lately!

Thanks so much for your support. It seems alot of bg tank owners didn't agree with me. I was beginning to wonder.  

glengrin

Alien Explorer

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 pm
GailAnne Munchkin
azndreams

Memphis the mermaid lives for forty weeks. I've made nearly 31 mil gold using Memphis mermaids. My only problem now is that they've removed them from Phin Phang. Hoping they bring them back as they did bring the dolphins back. I bought my mermaids with Gaia Cash using money earned from the tree and other offers on Gaia. Never spent a cent of my own money. Lately Gaia has been nerfing like crazy though, just like Gengrin said, and it's really going to tick off a lot of Gaians, including me!

Over how much time did you make that? eek I'm impressed.

I am making about 300k a month bumping my glows like crazy.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:08 am
GailAnne Munchkin

I'm well aware how good Memphis is. You don't need to tell me and I was talking to Blood Pop about her dolphins and the profit she is making from them. I've always been the one to say get Memphis because in the end it will make more than the Dolphins, but then again you would have to get a full tank play to get your outstanding profits. I make probably about 1 to 2 mil a month from my memphis, but if I bumped my glow every time it glowed I would be making more.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items