I need computer help cause i'm a nub :(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 am
I need to do a system restore cause ******** windows updated with s**t i don't want.

Anyway, I need to restore it to a point from before I had Photoshop.
Is there any way I can do this without having to reinstall Photoshop? it's kind of an annoying process that I don't have time for :T

i decided to manually uninstall all the recent updates :T

i've got updates pretty much turned off now. ******** windows updates.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 pm
Restoring shouldn't mess with files other than the Windows updates. (I'm quite the nub at this myself, but I'm pretty sure I read that in a virus removal guide here. sweatdrop )

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:12 pm
really? :'O

i read something that says it does, unless i misinterpreted lol.

in any case, nubs unite!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm
That was probably the best idea its always to turn off the autoupdates I'm not sure the reasoning why,but eventually they always screw up your computer. Whenever get a new one first thing should do is turn off updates.  

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 pm
Yeah. From what I recall, it was in a C&T sticky on how to remove viruses, trojans, etc. but it was an older version, so it was deleted and replaced - but they didn't put in that specific question in the newer sticky, so this is from memory. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. But there was a FAQ section and one of the questions was "Why can't I just use system restore?" The answer was basically "It won't work because it doesn't remove files - it just replaces Windows updates with older updates." At least that's how I interpreted it.

I've never had a problem regarding Windows updates. I never heard about them messing things up except from a clueless teacher who said they didn't have virus protection. gonk

Edit: Apparently, I can't quote you without it messing up! xd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm
LOL yeah. quoting my name in guilds gets kinda trippy xD just quote me then edit the brackets out of your post after :] I still get the notification and your post doesn't look dumb xD

I never had a problem until now. I think it's cause my university's wifi is kinda picking, so while my laptop's setting were okay to begin with, the updates probably changed something :T  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 pm
It's a possibility. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know for sure, though. I'd just as soon blame it on a virus, seeing as I blame nearly everything on them and motherboard issues. :|a

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 pm
User Image
My windows never updates because my PC isn't connected to the internet. That's probably why it still works after more than ten years. xD

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

Come Back Mero <33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces