Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
I went to AtA Meeting Today!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

momo the peachy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 pm
I tried to bombard them with the issue of our Missing Lady Memphis, and this is what I said:

Also, if Memphis aren't going to be brought back to Phin Phang, then what about a replacement fish? (And don't say the 'lite' fish because those fish don't replace anything, they are a useless waste of my tank space) And not a fish with a price around five to seven dollars, either. I liked the price of Memphis, so something around that price. All depends on the glow times and gold output. The point is, we would like an announcement made about Memphis, and want either her back, or a replacement fish with these:

1: Same price range

2: Same sort of life span

3: Same gold output

That's not too much to ask. Goodness, you can put so much energy into boring facebook games, you can certainly pull that off.

And I got a reply by our lovely dev, Pan:

You can get #1 and #2, but you probably shouldn't plan on #3 -- Lanzer is looking at this more, but offhand (and IMHO) I think the Memphis were not balanced right, and any reissues at the same price / lifespan range would probably have to give out less gold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm
I honestly think you were asking for too much. Bring back a similar fish with the same stats? Just ask for Memphis back. Which isn't going to happen, at least not with the same price. 75 Gaia Cash is honestly far too cheap for a fish that has a decent gold output and lives for 10 months.
purplewiz came up with a good price from doing lots of math and comparisons she's made to other good fish, and the price she got that Memphis should be is 289 Gaia Cash. Which is a much better price for a fish like Memphis.

Yes, bring Memphis, or a similar fish back, but with a better suited price. Gaia gets more their money's worth for Memphis, and we'd have Memphis. Win = win.

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

momo the peachy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:59 pm
Blood Pop
I honestly think you were asking for too much. Bring back a similar fish with the same stats? Just ask for Memphis back. Which isn't going to happen, at least not with the same price. 75 Gaia Cash is honestly far too cheap for a fish that has a decent gold output and lives for 10 months.
purplewiz came up with a good price from doing lots of math and comparisons she's made to other good fish, and the price she got that Memphis should be is 289 Gaia Cash. Which is a much better price for a fish like Memphis.

Yes, bring Memphis, or a similar fish back, but with a better suited price. Gaia gets more their money's worth for Memphis, and we'd have Memphis. Win = win.

yeah, i guess so. did she ask in the ata meeting?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 am
I'd like Memphis to come back, rather than a new fish to replace her. I would have nothing against her being a little more expensive, with a shorter lifespan or something, to make up for the gold she drops.  

Ranchi

Tasty Target

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm
See I'm not the only one. Even gaia staff realized Memphis gave out an insane amount of gold for the duration of the lifespan and for the cost it was a great fish to have over the dolphins or other higher trigger fish which cost more. Honestly I had memphis in my tank because I like having that many ladies around me and didn't care for the profit margin, so if they raise her price or nerf her if they bring her back at all I would be fine with that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Well even if we don't think it's fair, I can at least see what they're getting at. Anyways people don't notice if things are unbalanced if it's in their favor (like Memphis was), which is probably why we don't think she was that bad.
As for you asking for too much: In my opinion you did great "you gotta shoot for the moon if you want to fall upon the stars" and whada-ya-kno you managed to snagged a star.

I'm really just stoked that the absence of Memphis was acknowledged, we probably won't get her back but now we know that now and we know whats being done about it.

I'd call it a win 3nodding

AutumnHart

Welcoming Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers