Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Odds & Ends - the trinity of projects (40k, WM & 7TV) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 am
Kinda sorta treated myself to a Warmachine starter this weekend, because you know, we need to broaden our horizon because there's a world out there beyond GW. The plan is to have at least my Khador done before next weekend so I can hopefully play a game or two at the FLGS to get to know the game a bit better.

So I started painting up the Khador force yesterday, Sorcha is was more or less done (aside from washing and touching up!!) until I decided to snip away most of her scythe and replace the tip with one of those decorative stars from the Man-O-War leader, turning it into a baton, much like what marshals used to carry around back in the day. Enter Jack-Marshal Viktoria

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Warjack-wise I'm still not sure about how to proceed with the Juggernaut and Destroyer Jacks, which I've primed chainmail, washed Devlan Miracle and then painted large segments in Vallejo Russian Uniform, because big red Jacks isn't my style really.

The Man-O-War unit though, those I did prime red, though they'll get a smattering of black and boltgun metal highlights, maybe even a thinned down wash or two of Devlan Miracle to make them pop out less.

On the bright side, all bases are now done, just need to work my way up from there. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:38 pm
Are these finished or still WIP? The bases look great.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm
DarkElf27
Are these finished or still WIP? The bases look great.
The bases are about the only thing done on those models, the rest is still WIP. sweatdrop

Kommandant Viktoria is almost done, just need to clean up the face, fix some details around the legs and paint the pistol. The Man-O-War leader is the prototype for the rest of the unit, I'm picking out more details in Old Gold now and once I've got a new pot of Blood Red I can start touching up on the armour. I'll probably wash the armour Devlan Miracle to give it extra shading. The 'Jacks.. oy vey. talk2hand

Re: Bases have sand super glued to it before priming, after which I painted it Khemri Brown, washed it Devlan Miracle and then drybrushed it Bleached Bone. As a finishing touch I super-glued one or two tufts of winter tuft from the Army Painter to each base.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 am
Okayokayokayokayokayokayokayokayokayokay got a small tournament coming up in three weeks and the plan is to have 500 points of Elysians all painted up or die trying. The plan is to only field painted models, anything else is not valid.

The following needs to be painted up: 25 men (1 HQ + 2 veteran squads), three heavy bolter Drop Sentinels and a Tauros with grenade launcher. Most stuff is thankfully already primed and in some cases already blocked out. Damn, one or two of those minis might actually be fully painted, but not based. Gasp!

However, I also have my Khador that needs to be painted up for this coming weekend. Kommander Viktoria is done, the Man-O-War unit leader is a wash away from completion and his unit is in various stages of painting. The Warjacks are proving to be problematic. Exposed metal and pistons are a nice chainmail washed with Devlan Miracle, but the larger armoured plates are an annoyance. I don't want to paint them red, but the current greens used aren't helpful either.. Gaaaaah!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 am
E-elysians? emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:00 am
Lady Blodwynn
Yes dolly, Elysians.

edit.

Khemri brown uniforms, Reflective green armour, Flat brown boots, black weapons with Reflective green panels, khaki kit. Am I missing something here?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 am

Man-O-War unit leader and Kommander Viktoria of the 13th Border Legion. Flash somewhat ruins it, making it look like the metals I painted aren't as neat. Bleh. Never been a supra-painter so I'll spare myself the extreme close-up shots if that's okay.

The other four Man-O-War are slowly getting done, they're now all at the part where I need to carefully pick out the details in gold and boltgun metal. Once I'm past that stage I can wash them Devlan Miracle and call 'em done.

Jack-wise I decided to paint one (the erm, Destroyer with the cannon) Red as a test and it actually works out. If I like the red enough I'll probably give the other one, the Juggernaut, the same treatment.

If there's still time after that I'll start on the Menoth minis, though those will mostly be metal with purple robes and if I'm up to it, blue or red magical swords.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 am
Coming along nicely, perhaps some zoomed-in shots to show the detail? What is Viktoria holding? It looks suspiciously like a shuriken.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:18 am
DarkElf27
Coming along nicely, perhaps some zoomed-in shots to show the detail? What is Viktoria holding? It looks suspiciously like a shuriken.
I'm not that fond of zoomed-in shots, it tends to show just how shoddy my stuff looks up close. sweatdrop

As for what she's holding, it's a baton topped with a decorative star. The original model had a scythe-hammer of sorts that I didn't like so I snipped it and topped it off with a spare decorative item left over from the Man-O-War unit.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm
Hrm, should I also base my Tauros and Venator vehicles?

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm
I'd say no, it'd constrict their movement, and make them harder to store.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Yes dolly, Elysians.

edit.

Khemri brown uniforms, Reflective green armour, Flat brown boots, black weapons with Reflective green panels, khaki kit. Am I missing something here?
That does sound about right. Oh, what about their visors? And will you still be giving their helmets those special veteran markings?

Lt. Brookman
I'm iffy about that. While basing them would give them a better tie-in to the rest of your force, it does make transportation more of a bother, unless you have custom made foam trays. I'm guessing you have.. ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Yes dolly, Elysians.

edit.

That does sound about right. Oh, what about their visors? And will you still be giving their helmets those special veteran markings?
Visors will be black and yes, each veteran will get a stripe running down the back of his helmet and maybe also have one on their left knee pad.

Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
I'm iffy about that. While basing them would give them a better tie-in to the rest of your force, it does make transportation more of a bother, unless you have custom made foam trays. I'm guessing you have.. ninja
Bags are being worked on, I'm working out a deal with my FLGS to get a nice big Feldherr bag with pluckable foam so I can shove in the Tauros, Venators, Sentinels and the Vultures. The Valkyries are plastic, so they can go in a regular padded box.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:44 am
We knocked out a mock-up to see if it works or not:

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 am
It looks nice, I just worry if tactically it'll be hard to get them into smaller crevices of terrain.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff