Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Horror
Frosty Halls

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:20 pm
((This is actually a part of an old YuGiOh fanfiction I wrote two years ago. I felt it suited more of the horror genre though. The character is an OC I made who suffers from insomnia because she has horrible nightmares that repeat over and over so she always knows when she's in a nightmare. This is a nightmare she had of one of the villains in the show. I know it cuts off at an awkward place.))

It was so cold. Freezing even. Why was my house so cold? The sun was still bright and cheery, streaming through the windows to pool on the floor. Did grandpa turn up the a/c? I fiercely rubbed my hands against my arms in a feeble attempt to restore some warmth to my skin but it was a wasted effort. The icy chill seemed to cut straight to my very bones. I gave a shiver and walked down the dark hall to go to the thermostat and raise the temperature. With trembling fingers, I lowered the cover and I uttered a small terrified squeak at what I saw.

Hello

No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO! When did I fall asleep?! I was dreaming! This was how my nightmare from the past two weeks started! Oh my god. Oh dear god. I shoved myself against the wall directly in front of the thermostat as frost suddenly began to grow over the screen until it began to race outward and cover all of the walls. My breath was coming out in puffs as I continued to breathe heavily in fear. My heart was slamming against my chest, pounding away to prepare me to run from the danger. But no matter how much I run I can’t escape from my own nightmares.

“Wake up.” I whispered frantically to myself, squinting my eyes shut, “Wake up.”

A deep, almost gravelly laugh echoed throughout the shop and house, the vibrations going straight through my bones. It was then that I shot like a bullet for the door. Maybe if I could open the door and exit the shop, I would wake up. The door at the end of the hall was growing closer and closer. All I would need to do is fling that door open run down the stairs and get out the front entrance and then I might be home free. Almost there! I ran into the door, having built up too much momentum to stop, jarring my head against the wood, before I began to struggle with the doorknob. It wouldn’t turn! Why wouldn’t it turn?! My breath was shaky and I was whimpering as a laugh echoed down the hall. I fought against the knob with all of my might, crying now, hearing footsteps behind me.

“Let me out! Someone! Anyone! Help! SOMEONE LET ME OUT!”

I began to sob hysterically as I felt heavy breath on my ear and a hand close over both of my own. Cold fingers fisted into my hair and then yanked me away from the door and flung me further down the hall. I crashed to the floor, feeling my hip throbbing from the impact and rolled a bit before coming to a stop on my side, my back to the attacker. There were voices speaking in the background, whispering, calling but none of them were understandable. I whimpered into the frosted carpet, feeling my right arm go numb from the melting ice, frigid water clinging to my skin. No. Please no.

“No. Leave me alone. Go away.” I cried.

The voice only seemed to find this amusing for he chuckled and I heard the crunching of steps, until I felt him turn me over with his foot. I refused to look at him, keeping my face buried into the iced carpet, my eyes squinted shut. Shivers were wracking my body from both the cold and my crying.

“Look at me.” Spoke the voice, low and gravelly.

I whimpered into the frozen carpet and refused to look at him, curling my form into the fetal position. Maybe if I ignored him he would go away. But the spirit did not appreciate his orders going ignored for he lashed out with a kick to my stomach that caused me to cry out.

“Look at me!” He ordered more fiercely.

I still refused to look up at him. I didn’t want to. If I did, then that might mean he was really there. Really there to strip me of my soul and leave my body to rot. And if that were to become real I would definitely NOT look up at him. Just ride it out. I have to wake up sometime. I have to.

Please can I wake up now?

“Look at me!” He snapped and seized a fistful of my hair, hauling me up so I was forced to my knees and had to look him in the eyes.

Pain exploded across my scalp when he had seized my hair and I felt tears well up in my eyes from both pain and terror, my heart slamming against my chest. He was going to kill me! Those evil burgundy eyes narrowed at me. The tears flowed unchecked down my face as I clawed at his hand to release me, trembling in his grasp. His malevolent orbs flashed in approval when I finally did as he demanded and slammed me into a nearby wall, knocking the breath out of me. My arms were pinned in place on either side of my head before I could even blink and Bakura, no, the Spirit was leaning in with an evil grin on his face. I have to wake up sometime. Don’t I?

“You’re trembling, girl. Do I scare you?” He purred, his breath hissing in my ear.

It’s not real. It’s not real. It’s not real. He’s not real. None of this is. I’m going to wake up and-

“Answer me, b***h!” The spirit snarled.

“Yes.” I whimpered quietly.

The frantic voices in the distance seemed to grow a little louder, but it was still impossible to make out what they were saying. Someone just come help me! Please? Anyone? The spirit laughed, a cold and cruel sound that sent chills racing down my spine, my form trembling beneath him. I just wanted to sink into the wall and frost and never be seen again and as I tried to discreetly scoot to the side to try and get away from him he hauled me back with one hand and punched me hard in the stomach. Behind his body ghostly forms, twisted macabre versions of shadows slithered up from the floor, empty holes for eyes, dripping sickening grey fluid. Their mouths were ghastly slashes that were oozing pus, the white fluid dribbling down their chins to their shapeless bodies. I felt my stomach roll at the sight.

“The shadows hunger. And you are their next meal.”

Before I even had the time to process what he said, I was no longer against the wall but before these horrendous creatures, my arms held firmly behind my back. I screamed and cried and fought when I saw them advancing forward, drooling more pus at the idea of being fed a delicious dinner. Suddenly those empty dripping sockets lit up with dull orbs of light and the mouths yanked open to show large monstrous teeth, the white infection flowing between each of those razors. And then they surged forward to devour me.

“SOMEBODY HELP ME!”

And suddenly I was wrenched away from the nightmare and I was lying face up on the cold tile floor, people gazing down at me in fear and worry. I was sweating and the back of my school uniform was plastered to my back and the iciness from the tile was cutting straight to my bones. I was gasping, gazing wide-eyed up at everyone, my eyes rolling in my sockets. I’m not awake yet. Any moment all of those concerned faces were going to change and I would be devoured by those horrible creatures. I began to scream and thrash to get them all away from me and then someone grabbed me, giving me a firm shake.

“Ami it’s ok! It was just a dream!”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 pm
Ninja!Beast!AMazing! Wondewrful! I loved it! The awesome horror of it. Although I've never seen Yu-gio(sorry for mispelling) that was amazing!  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 pm
Myde14Niia
Ninja!Beast!AMazing! Wondewrful! I loved it! The awesome horror of it. Although I've never seen Yu-gio(sorry for mispelling) that was amazing!

Haha thanks. This thing is old as Moses. I think I wrote that in 11th grade. xD Maybe 12th grade. Eitherway, I don't write horror all that often but I do have fun when I do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
I've never written horror before but I have written a little scary stuff into my stories, I wouldn't calssify it as horror though >.<  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Horror

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items