Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Back for more: Sammy's goal to tone and tighten. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

United Paper People

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:47 pm
Welcome all.

Most of my life growing up I was overweight. I know BMI is just an indication, but I was at some stage in the ‘obese’ category and at other stages just borderline. Like I’d lose some weight occasionally but then gain it back, sometimes more. Basically I just had a really unhealthy lifestyle.
Then like, I think it would have started in about February 2010, maybe a little before, I started to eat healthier and this time managed to stick to it for long enough for me to ENJOY it. Around this time, I started an online journal here to keep me on track where I was inspired by a couple of others to start the couch to 5k. Then I got into running (I struggled to run for five minutes straight before I started). Over the year I went from 85kg to like… I think I was about 56g by Christmas. My goal was 60kg, but when I continued to lose another four kilos it didn’t bother me. I was still healthy. Then for some reason it 2011 I continued to lose weight- unintentionally. I moved out of home to be closer to Uni, during which time I experienced a lot of stress and lost weight almost sub-consciously, despite ceasing Tae Kwon Do since it was impractical to travel two hours for a class.
By about August 2011 I was on what I admit was the VERY low side of the BMI and not really what I am aiming for. I continued to lose a lot of weight, but also looked strange and out-of-proportion because I hadn’t been doing any strength or core exercise. At one stage I was something like 47kg, which by BMI indicates borderline, if not underweight. But this was not intentional… I think because I had such a low level of physical activity I was just less inclined to eat and was maybe underestimating how much food I needed. I was trying to maintain my weight and in fear of gaining weight, lost weight.

Anyway, in my attempt to make sure I didn’t lose any more weight, I started to gain weight. I felt a LOT healthier at about 52-53kg. But a couple of weeks in a row of eating badly, in my attempts to kind of ‘relax’ about this sort of thing, resulted in me gaining a bit more weight than I intended. Not to say I was unhappy with my weight itself as I’d been that weight before and looked BETTER than I did at 47kg. Rather, the pattern I was seeping back into over the Uni holidays. Going out and drinking, which stimulates my apetite, and then binge eating. It had been okay for me previously to eat a bit of junk food after the occasional night out without it effecting my weight. But because it was so much more frequent on the holidays I began n to gain weight in an unhealthy way. I don’t have a scale, but when I checked at the chemist about a month ago I was 56kg. Which is NOT a problem to me, as the weight itself is healthy. Except that I was not eating healthily and wasn’t doing any exercise. So I kind of officially went back on my health kick, but have promised myself to simply be healthy without being extreme about it. And have started exercising more. I checked earlier this I went on a mini stress-related binge. It wasn’t too bad as there is no junk-food in my house now. But I mean like eating grilled cheese on toast with lots of butter and drinking really sugary tea at like 1am.

Since Uni is starting again, I’m hoping the structure will help me also stick to my health goals as it has in the past.

So basically, I really don’t have any set ‘goals’ YET, I’m just going to try and stick to a mostly healthy lifestyle, without being obsessed, and just kind of see what happens. I don’t want to lose any more than 2kg and if I do lose weight I want it to be balanced out with toning/muscle. I am already a fair bit toned in my arms from years of Tae Kwon Do... but my stomach is like jello. Next week is ‘come and try’ week at the Uni gym, which means I can try group fitness classes for free. So I plan to get stuck into that. I gained so much cardio fitness that I would possibly have more endurance than a a lot of my friends, but I'm so lazy when it comes to anything that involves strength and muscle. So I would be a totaly beginner, really, but I have been getting advice on different toning excercises and I can't wait to get stuck back into them when I get back into a good pattern.

And I feel that posting about it will help me stick to it.

Anyway, hope I haven’t bored you too much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:38 am
Monday Twenty-Seventh of February, Two Thousand and Twelve.
6:36pm
First day of Uni. Still sitting here chilling on campus with my netbook and waiting for the electronic tutorial sign-on to open.
Arms are a little sore from combat, but I’m feeling good. Mood-wise as well.

Exercise:
5:40am- Run (30 minutes)
Ab-work and stretch (15 minutes)
4:30pm- Body Combat group fitness class (60 minutes)
Breakfast:
1 cup Green tea
1 cup of white Coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:
Salad sandwich on multi-grain bread (Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, alfalfa and vegetable relish).

Dinner: Spaghetti

Snacks:
1 cup of white earl grey tea
2 Carrots
1 Apple

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 pm
Tuesday Twenty-Eighth of February, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Exercise:
7am- Body Balance (60 minutes)

Breakfast:
1 cup Honey Green tea
1 cup of white Coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:
Salad sandwich on multi-grain bread (Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, alfalfa and vegetable relish).

Dinner: Mild Korma vegetable/lentil curry with rice

Snacks:
1 cup of green tea
1 cup of white rose tea
2 Carrots
1 Apple

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:54 am
Wednesday Twenty-Ninth of February, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Exercise:
5:30pm- Run (30 minutes)
Sit-ups/ab-work
Breakfast:
1 cup Honey Green tea
1 cup of white Coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:

Dinner: Pasta with Napoli sauce with steamed asparagus and carrot

Snacks:
1 cup of green tea
1 cup white English Breakfast tea
2 Carrots
1 Apple

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:00 am
Thursday First of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Exercise:
None confused Woke up late, and neglected to exercise, whilst also forgetting to have a proper breakfast.
Breakfast:
1 cup Honey Green tea
1 cup of white Coffee

Lunch:
Salad sandwich on multi-grain bread (Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, alfalfa, mayonnaise and sweet chili).

Dinner: Mashed potato and veggies with bean and lentil massamam curry.

Snacks:
1 carrot
1 Apple
2 cups of white tea
1 serving of oats

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:37 pm
Friday Second of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Had a fairly productive day, cleaning out a lot of clutter from my room. Then as I headed to work I got a major headache. So I went to bed pretty much straight after dinner.

Exercise:
None again...
Breakfast:
1 cup Honey Green tea
1 cup of white Coffee
1 Sring Vegetable Cup of Soup

Lunch:
Salad sandwich on multi-grain bread (Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, alfalfa, mayonnaise and sweet chili).

Dinner: Mashed potato and refried bean rissoles, green peas and red pasta sauce

Snacks:
3 carrots
1 Apple
(I cooked dinner before work and tasted at bits of it to check it was cooked right... does this count as 'snacking') ?

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 pm
Saturday Third of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Feeling a lot better this morning. smile Just got back from my run. Probably won't have time to update the rest of the day until tomorrow. I'm going to be hanging out with a friend after work. He offered to cook me dinner and since he's been going for runs with me, I'm assuming what he cooks is going to be fairly healthy. May or may not go for a couple of drinks later.

Thing is, although I only drink sugar-free pre-mixes (which still have the calorie content of the alcohol, but not the sugar of soft-drink), and although I'd only be having one or two, I often get the munchies whenever I drink anything alcoholic. I just have to have the discipline not to eat greasy food.

Exercise:

Run (30 minutes)
Ab work

Breakfast:

Wheat-bix

Lunch:

Dinner:

2 veggie patties, and one multi-grain roll with lettuce, gerkins, carrot, tomato sauce and sweet-chili saucde

Snacks:
1 carrot
2 apples
4 glasses of bourben and Coke Zero
1 cup coffee
1 cup tea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 pm
Sunday Fourth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Exercise:

Er... does running to the bus in hope of getting to work on time count?

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:
2 slices of toast with vegetable relish, tomato, gerkins and light mayonaise.

Snacks:
1 carrot
2 apples
1 cup of white english breakfast tea
1 spring vegetable cup-of-soup

Dinner:
Pasta and bolganaise sauce with garlic, chilli and eggplant

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:15 am
Monday Fifth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:
Multi-grain salad sandwhich

Snacks:
2 baby carrots
1 apple

Dinner:
Bean and vegetable patties with rice, vegetables and red sauce + a spoonful of potato bake (I started to have the meal with left-over potato bake but decided it tasted off, and opted for rice instead)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 am
Tuesday Sixth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:

Dinner:
This delicious pasta dish my housemate made with pesto, chilli, garlic, mushrooms and eggplant.

Snacks:
3 carrots
1 apple
1 cup of tea (with milk)  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 pm
Wednesday Seventh of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Exercise:

Run (30 minutes)
Ab work

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:

Dinner:
Tuna curry and rice with fresh coriander

Snacks:
3 baby carrots
1 apple
1 cup of tea (with milk)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am
Thursday Eighth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Exercise:

Run (30 minutes)
Ab work

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
Wheat-bix

Lunch:

Dinner:
1 Lentil paddie and some massaman bean curry with mashed potato and vegetables.

Snacks:
2 carrots
1 apple
1 cup of tea (with milk)  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:03 am
Saturday Tenth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Went out to dinner with some friends tonight and then into the city to catch up with some others. Went halves with a friend in two entres and the curry dish. This post is where the true nature of my weekend late-night habits come out. I think it's just that when I'm awake past midnight, I get major munchies, regardless of how much I've eaten. Since I'm used to being asleep before than. I know it's a lame excuse.

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
1 Apple
1 carrot

Lunch:
Multi-grain salad and avacado sandwhich with ranch and sweet chilli.

Dinner:
Entres: Boiled dumplings and salt and pepper squid.

Tofu and vegetable curry with rice

Snacks (before 12am)
2 carrots
2 tall glasses of mango smoothie
1 cup of coffee with milk and sugar
1 caramel late

Midnight snacks
1 piece of toast with vegemite and avacado
1 piece of toast with avacado and satay sauce
2 small vegetable patties
1 apple
Wheat-bix with strawberry jam  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 am
Sunday Eleventh of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Brunch:
1 coffee
1 vegemite sandwhich on multi-grain bread

Dinner:
Entres: Boiled dumplings and salt and pepper squid.

Two falafel pattys, mashed potato and vegetables

Snacks
2 cups of white coffee
2 cups of tea
2 apples
2 carrots
1 pear
Taste-testing the falafel as I was cooking it that morning  

United Paper People

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:10 am
Monday Twelfth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve.

Trying to get back on track and stay there.

Excercise:

Run (30 minutes)
Ab work

Breakfast:
1 cup of white coffee
Wheat-bix
2 carrots

Lunch:
Multi-grain salad and avacado sandwhich with a thin layer of satay sauce

Dinner:

Spagetti-type pasta dish consisting of chilli, pesto sauce, mushroom, garlic and egglant (my housemate makes this for me and it is DELICIOUS)

Snacks
1 apple
1 cup of tea (with milk)  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out