Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
You can't trust Gaia HQ anymore...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm
Now, I know this seems out of place, since this is mainly about ZOMG, but many of you in the BG community may have suspected the admins may have been lying about a few things to you.

Well according to this thread by one very brave developer who may have risked his job--lying is on policy for Gaia. They told us Zomg was a failure that didn't earn its keep--oops, no, it made MORE than was needed to keep up the feature.

So the next time you suspect they may be lying about removing mermaids for good or why such and such fish was nerfed--remember this and think on it.

Please pass it on. We want to call Gaia HQ on its lies--we give them our money, the least we deserve is truth and honesty from them!

Edit: It seems the original thread was deleted, but you can see screencaps here. Basically it sums up that HQ was lying to the Zomg community about "saving zomg" when 1. zomg made enough money anyway to save itself and 2. they were going to pull the plug no matter how much money we poured into it.

As you can imagine, this did not sit well with us.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm
You're absolutely right! When they removed the Mermaids from Phin Phang they said it would only be for several weeks and then they would replace them. Well, it's been a lot longer than "several weeks" (unless they aren't aware what the word "several" means) and they still haven't replaced them!

I don't understand the logic regarding some of their very strange decisions. Assuming they created Gaia Online to make money, they are totally screwing up by ticking off so many members. I guess that's their business, but it seems like a truly bad business practice to me!  

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

CherrelAnn

Chatty Smoker

9,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm
I never really trusted Gaia HQ anyway.
I mean, the site has become so cash oriented and they're not really doing anything to help us (i.e., Customer support)
They cap gold amounts on things.
Gaia is certainly unhappy about something...
I hope the site doesn't crash or they totally ignore it.
Oh, my mind is going a mile a minute.
emotion_0A0

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm
You know the biggest problem I had with the memphis mermaids was that they said too many tanks were being made. So then that would mean more gold was being generated out of thin air. Well gaia there is an easy easy fix to that. Just nerf the fish or BG in general. If they didn't want us users to have all this gold and easy ways to make it then make it so we can't. They nerfed zOMG to a daily amount and finally nerfed BG to a daily amount as well. So they are saying you are only allowed to make a certain amount of gold. So your capping our freedom to do things on the site. Ugh it's just so horrible. I'm so fed up with gaia.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 am
I admit our little "rebellion" started with zomg, but its spread out to so many other communities because of the deeper implications--Gaia will flat out LIE in order to get our money. How much longer until Gaia says "we will shut down Booty Grab unless you can spend cash to save it?" like they've been doing to zomg for OVER A YEAR.

Also, about the mermaids--have you guys tried raiding the ATA like the zomg community has done? Its the only way to get admin's attention these days. Get a bunch of people to go in ATA and spam the same question. I mean a BUNCH of people. You need a whole angry mob for it to work.

The first time we did it, we got some progress (zomg forum finally in linkbar like the moga forum, those powerup bundles, etc) and the second time we did it, the lied to us, someone called them on the lie, and we started a revolution.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 pm
Mademoiselle Kit

Yeah, but BG is a different thing though. It doesn't require multiple people to be on and you don't need a crew to get to certain areas. It's pretty much the same thing over and over and well I just doubt it takes as much resources as an MMO would take up. They did nerf it though because it was shelling out too much gold for users. Although I get your analogy of them saying again to people hey spend this amount of cash or the feature will be taken away if you don't and such. Kinda like how Frontier Skies was taken out which I'm still unsure what the abuse was on it and how it affected the game so much they had to get rid of it completely.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

angelwingsflower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 am
Mademoiselle Kit
I admit our little "rebellion" started with zomg, but its spread out to so many other communities because of the deeper implications--Gaia will flat out LIE in order to get our money. How much longer until Gaia says "we will shut down Booty Grab unless you can spend cash to save it?" like they've been doing to zomg for OVER A YEAR.

If they start that s**t with BG, I will refuse to spend a single mutha effin cent on this site. I pay GC for 4 whole tanks, and with that gone, that's at least $20 a month in my pocket and out of theirs. I would be all like, "F@#$ you and the horse you rode in on."

And (we have to laugh at this) assume no more updated no nothing to zomg....then all of a sudden, a huge gold glitch where users get like hundreds of thousands to millions.....and Gaia and it's SOS (Pm me to find out what this stands for lols) devs will be all over zOMG like stink on s**t. Like BG. Remember when the gold glitch was on? It had been over 6 months, and the glitches like no gold, the 500/500 error message were still going on and nothing from the admin or the devs and all of a sudden, the gold glitch! And they couldn't get onto it faster had they been in mach speed stare I wish gaia would man up for once and admit that they see us as a fat cash cow. Oh. And while they are at it, they should also admit that they're lying a-holes who doesn't care about its userbase at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 am
It's already happening to us. I feel that when Pan was making updates and changes on Booty Grab, they abruptly moved him and then changes were delayed. I know that he's somewhat around again and some fixes have been being made recently, but there are certain glitches that haven't been addressed that are pretty severe.

I've stopped my autocash. I'm one of those people who work IRL and chip in about $50-100 a month on the site. Not anymore. I can sustain my gold with making Philosopher's cache, artwork, and playing Booty Grab just fine.

Razumi Yazura

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:21 am
Razumi Yazura
It's already happening to us. I feel that when Pan was making updates and changes on Booty Grab, they abruptly moved him and then changes were delayed. I know that he's somewhat around again and some fixes have been being made recently, but there are certain glitches that haven't been addressed that are pretty severe.

I've stopped my autocash. I'm one of those people who work IRL and chip in about $50-100 a month on the site. Not anymore. I can sustain my gold with making Philosopher's cache, artwork, and playing Booty Grab just fine.
Seriously? And I thought the Mermaid thing was BS. Gaia needs to revamp their business decisions and PR ON A WHOLE.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:36 am
Mademoiselle Kit
Seriously? And I thought the Mermaid thing was BS. Gaia needs to revamp their business decisions and PR ON A WHOLE.
I have been aggravated about Gaia's choices long before the disaster they've done with zOMG recently.

Changes were promised to be more frequent with BGs. I didn't expect every day, but at least in week or bi-weekly increments. It was happening. Aquariums were being maintained, then suddenly...where did Pan go? He disappeared for a few months and when we asked how he was doing or if he was having a nice winter vacation, we get the dreaded answer. Pan was moved in the department that is hands-off the forums. He was the most frequent dev on the forums who helped on a lot of features even when he was not part of its development. Bid Blast, Alchemy, etc.

I am hoping that people have taken it upon themselves to pull their weight and amount to the dedication Pan did, but as much as I appreciate Narumi and a few other devs posting more, Pan seemed to be the only one who produced quick results while others have only said "they'll look into it."

Look into it...for how long?

Razumi Yazura

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 am
Razumi Yazura
Mademoiselle Kit
I have been aggravated about Gaia's choices long before the disaster they've done with zOMG recently.

Changes were promised to be more frequent with BGs. I didn't expect every day, but at least in week or bi-weekly increments. It was happening. Aquariums were being maintained, then suddenly...where did Pan go? He disappeared for a few months and when we asked how he was doing or if he was having a nice winter vacation, we get the dreaded answer. Pan was moved in the department that is hands-off the forums. He was the most frequent dev on the forums who helped on a lot of features even when he was not part of its development. Bid Blast, Alchemy, etc.

I am hoping that people have taken it upon themselves to pull their weight and amount to the dedication Pan did, but as much as I appreciate Narumi and a few other devs posting more, Pan seemed to be the only one who produced quick results while others have only said "they'll look into it."

Look into it...for how long?
I think Pan and swarf are in the same boat--they realize how upset we've been about things, and hopefully will take action to fix it.

In a post to the zomg community, signed by swarf, Pan, and Narumi, they did promise "answers and a way to resolve issues", so I want to hope Pan will dedicate his time to fixing some of the problems between Gaia and the Booty Grab community as well as the main trust issue here.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 am
Mademoiselle Kit
I think Pan and swarf are in the same boat--they realize how upset we've been about things, and hopefully will take action to fix it.

In a post to the zomg community, signed by swarf, Pan, and Narumi, they did promise "answers and a way to resolve issues", so I want to hope Pan will dedicate his time to fixing some of the problems between Gaia and the Booty Grab community as well as the main trust issue here.
I read it. I hope something is done. I know that it won't be right away, but I hope it will happen at a reasonable time frame.  

Razumi Yazura

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items