Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Between Speculation and Thread Deletion: GCD and GUMI... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:51 pm
Alright, so I was in the GCD, typing up a reply to a thread as usual, only for the thread to have, well, disappeared/deleted/whatever on me... For arguments sake, and to honour the thread creator Hi-Potion*, let's call it the GUMI thread cat_3nodding

I understand Gaia is trying to keep "leaks" under wraps (in the most a**l retentive manner too), but...

...the OP stated we had the right to speculate about a Generic-User-Made-Item Shop... So... after looking through the first page, it look'd like everyone was on task with that too...

So, I decided to type of up a post, which would have look'd like this:

Quote:
User Image

But to what extent is this GUMI going to actually be user-made? cat_rolleyes
I mean, is this shop only going to be updated when, and if, there is a item design contest? cat_eek
Will the current user-made items in the Gold Shops be moved to the GUMI? cat_neutral
What exactly is the definition of "user-made" we're working with? cat_rolleyes

Overall, I'm a bit concerned by the lack of clarity with regard to how "user-made" the shop truly will be, since, as someone with a lot of experience with UG content games (Second Life, IMVU, Planet Calypso, etc), I'm rather curious to what extent Gaia is really willing to move in that direction AND, given that enormous list of desired items in the SF, what kind of impact can we expect this to have on what we get for Gold Shop updates? cat_eek

Regardless of my reply (which I'm pretty sure did not even make it to the thread)... It dawned upon me that this is the SECOND time Gaia did this to me now (because I saw, and was in the middle of typing my reply for, the original leak thread too when it died) cat_stressed

So... I'm kind of pissed that we, the GCD, isn't being allowed to "discuss" certain things because of a MISTAKE made on Gaia's part (we didn't leak the info, yet threads are getting deleted!) cat_stressed

gaia_spoons 's can be summed up as reactions, thoughts, opinions, etc, on this matter...

*I'm not very comfortable with name-dropping of any sort, but enough people know about the thread I'm speaking of that its safe to say who created the thread being discussed cat_redface  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 pm
While I enjoy leaks, they are against the ToS, so, it's kind of like, ehhh....  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:02 pm
ROMVLVS
While I enjoy leaks, they are against the ToS, so, it's kind of like, ehhh....

See, I can understand that, but this was one of the "speculating" about a "possibility" thread not a thread discussing what was leak'd (nor was the thread about the issue of "leaks" either) cat_sad

In fact, Gaians seemed to be suggesting things like what they wanted to see in such a shop or how Stein would make a great NPC to run such a shop... It was just your basic GCD speculation-is-wishful-thinking type thread that we see all the time...

...So, I don't see how that could violate the ToS, right? cat_neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:16 pm
I'm confused because I've read several people saying this shop was mentioned at a con.

If it was mentioned at a con then we have every reason to discuss it. It has been made public knowledge to a group of users and said users have reported it back to the forums of Gaia.

Why was thread deleted ?

Edit: I also read the first post and I thought Hi-Potion said that she asked a certain 'Uncle' if would be ok to post said thread and he said it was. :'X I really wish Gaia would stop being so disconnected.  

rc-1262

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 pm
Yeah. Kinda pissed about this. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 pm
RC-1262
I'm confused because I've read several people saying this shop was mentioned at a con.

If it was mentioned at a con then we have every reason to discuss it. It has been made public knowledge to a group of users and said users have reported it back to the forums of Gaia.

It was mentioned at a Con!? cat_eek
Wow, that's... Quite the leaky pipe you've got there Gaia cat_xp

RC-1262
Why was thread deleted ?

Edit: I also read the first post and I thought Hi-Potion said that she asked a certain 'Uncle' if would be ok to post said thread and he said it was. :'X I really wish Gaia would stop being so disconnected.

Ja, see... That's what I found confusing too... I mean, not only was there permission, but the thread itself was rather harmless, as most speculation threads typically are... So... I have no idea why deletion occurred cat_emo  

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:30 pm
RC-1262

Why was thread deleted ?

i think it might've been cause the thread in question linked to the leaked items directly and they dont wanna keep the shop on the dl so much as the items themselves??? idk makes no sense either  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm
Yeata Zi

Agreed... It is quite irking cat_stare

...Oh, hey, since you were posting in the thread too... Do you recall if anything even remotely leak-ish occurred? I only read over the first page, but it seemed very speculative, but there was a second page already when I began typing my post so... cat_sad  

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 pm
bedsick
RC-1262

Why was thread deleted ?

i think it might've been cause the thread in question linked to the leaked items directly and they dont wanna keep the shop on the dl so much as the items themselves??? idk makes no sense either

Wait, you mean someone actually posted a link to those 34 invisible items (well, they're invisible in the MP, anyways) in the GUMI thread? cat_eek  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 pm
cat_surprised cat_surprised cat_rofl cat_4laugh cat_stressed cat_whee cat_neutral cat_arrow cat_xd cat_lol cat_smile cat_cool cat_confused  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 pm
Prince Ichi
cat_surprised cat_surprised cat_rofl cat_4laugh cat_stressed cat_whee cat_neutral cat_arrow cat_xd cat_lol cat_smile cat_cool cat_confused

Kitties~! User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 am
meep12345
Yeata Zi

...Oh, hey, since you were posting in the thread too... Do you recall if anything even remotely leak-ish occurred? I only read over the first page, but it seemed very speculative, but there was a second page already when I began typing my post so... cat_sad
I didn't witness the leak... but not really? No one linked to anything or posted screen shots.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

I Sinistro I

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am
meep12345

I posted there, and nobody posted anything from the leak (-_- A part of me wishes they did, because I missed it!). BUT! There was this one thread where a guy posted up a supposed link about the supposed new shop, but it turned out to be a link to the Trolololololol Guy! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 pm
Yeata Zi
meep12345
Yeata Zi

I didn't witness the leak... but not really? No one linked to anything or posted screen shots.

See that is what I thought, yet Gaia still canned the thread cat_sad
Oh well, I pretty sure once the shop-that-nobody-is-supposed-to-know-about is released, we'll be able to finally just go town with the speculating (as is to be expected of the GCD) cat_rolleyes  

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 pm
Styk_Figure_BoB
meep12345

I posted there, and nobody posted anything from the leak (-_- A part of me wishes they did, because I missed it!). BUT! There was this one thread where a guy posted up a supposed link about the supposed new shop, but it turned out to be a link to the Trolololololol Guy! XD

LOL, that would have been fun to see... cat_xd ...But... On one hand, I hardly think that would justify canning the thread, while, on the other hand, I would feel better had someone actually post'd genuine leak'd material, because that would give some closure as to why the thread was canned cat_stare

Still, either way, I just really wanted to speculate about UG content on Gaia cat_emo  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff