Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Do people look at you odd when you say "Tofu?" & More

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 am
I am very sorry for not being as active, but I have a couple of questions and I'm seeking advice.

One is, I love cooked tofu. If I'm in the food for Tacos or Pasta Salid, I don't use chicken, shrimp, or beef. I subsitute it with firm tofu. Now, I cook the tofu in taco seasoning and add veggies like tender cactus or sliced peppers. I'm trying to get the money to buy some pico de gallio instead of cactus or peppers, which are pickled. Does anyone else get odd looks when you tell them you love tofu? Also, I subsitute veggie oil with olive oil for pasta salid.

I need advice on another issue. I just had a button off my size 20 pants come off because of my gut. In simple terms, I need to start back up losing weight. My idea is to swim the calories away and eat right. The problem is, is that if I decide to stop my birth control and go swimming, that my cycle will be wonky.

So what should I do? My plan is to swim 30 Min. a day doing laps. But will that be enough to lose weight? If it's not enough, what other exercises aka treadmill, waist bike, should I try? I have found that my local community college has problems keeping exercise classes around due to people not taking advantage of them.

Any other advice other than swimming? I can try to walk to the treadmill during the weekends for 30 minutes, but other than diet, treadmill, and swimming, what else should I try to do to lose weight? I'm currently as size 20 USA and I want to get down to a size 12 USA?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 am
I like flax seed oil above any other veggie oil. If I'm going to have an oil, if I'm going to have fat, it might as well be the super beneficial type of fat.

And yea, I love tofu lol. I think this could be partly because at home my mother cooks chicken or beef and occasionally something fishy. I also love lamb and duck because I rarely ever have it so it's a real treat. But I will certainly opt for tofu over chicken.

As for exercise. Hard to say because I don't know YOUR metabolism, maybe 30mins will be enough, I'm more inclined to say 45-60mins at least 5 times a day of some sort of exercise that will really get your heart rate up. If you are doing leisurely laps for 30mins it's probably not going to help MUCH. If you do 30mins of non-stop front crawl than ya, it'll help. Can you find a used exercise machine on the online classifieds? I found a treadmill for $160 . I have an elliptical already. It's wonderful because for the price of a gym membership you can just workout at home while you watch TV. Of course signing up for classes gives you an actual TIME so you can't procrastinate. Me personally I like zumba and kickboxing classes the best.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games