Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Magickal Withdrawal Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante San

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:17 pm
Alright, let me start at the beginning. I've just recently had my boyfriend move in with me. He isn't a pagan as I am so it makes me a little weary to practice magick within the house.
I've been pretty good without it for a while now, but it seems that I've been having a major surge of energy... is there anything that can be done about this other than grounding it. It's made me quite cranky at work and my boss isn't all to pleased about it.

Generally all I do is lurk within the guild... but I need some answers...... maybe you can help.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:30 pm
Ground.

Any reason you're hiding your practice from your boy?  

TeaDidikai

Dante San

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
I'm not hiding it, I'm just trying to be "considerate" about his energies. I wouldn't want to disrupt anything that he's done and/or vice versa.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:29 pm
Go outside the house? Secluded spot in a local park, maybe?  

maenad nuri
Captain

Dante San

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:36 pm
Unfortunately the only park nearby is the one that's part of our complex. So it's not private at all. It makes me sad. T-T  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:46 pm
Grownding your exsess energy shouldn't be disruptive. If you truly feel it will, do it when hes not home, or ask him if he minds if you do it when he is there.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:51 pm
I think that this may be good indication that you've been grounding inproperly for quite some time now! You shouldn't need gratuitous magical workings to get rid of excess energy! That's what grounding is for! I suggest you take this opportunity to try as many new grounding techniques as you can. Do them frequently!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:33 am
Dante San
I'm not hiding it, I'm just trying to be "considerate" about his energies. I wouldn't want to disrupt anything that he's done and/or vice versa.
You know that's where a circle should come in handy. If you contain everything you do within it you should be safe from disrupting his energies. That and ground yourself and your area thoroughly afterwards. If you need some extra help with that I've found Hematite very useful in the past for grounding 3nodding . Some occult shops sell hematite rings you can wear too. Obsidian is also very calming if you're getting riled up at work. If stones aren't your thing chamomile tea is also very relaxing, but that might just put you to sleep. I'm not sure. Herbs aren't really my thing... sweatdrop  

Pelta

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:45 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:54 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Pelta

bobz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:16 pm
*jumps in before we get too off-topic with the shiny stones of UBERprettyness....*

I'd agree with magpie on this. Working with a circle should keep your energy nicely contained, and if you properly ground yourself and clean out the excess energy from the room once you're done it shouldn't affect him.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:27 pm
Dante San
Alright, let me start at the beginning. I've just recently had my boyfriend move in with me. He isn't a pagan as I am so it makes me a little weary to practice magick within the house.
I've been pretty good without it for a while now, but it seems that I've been having a major surge of energy... is there anything that can be done about this other than grounding it. It's made me quite cranky at work and my boss isn't all to pleased about it.

Generally all I do is lurk within the guild... but I need some answers...... maybe you can help.
talk with him. tell him your concerns. i understand the hesitancy to practice in front of him (dating for nearly a year and i still feel weird talking with him about my religious practices), however, it might just be you being overly cautious. if you talk it over with him, see if he minds it, if he minds even going out at certain times (he could always make it a regular occurence to go out with friends) if you'd still rather him not being around.

but talk with him.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Dante San

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:13 pm
I've spoken with him and he doesn't mind that I practice openly within the apartment. Actually he encouraged it... but still, i'm a little leary.

As to the grounding.
I've never actually been good at grounding. I have a tendency to over ground.

And hematite does no good either.
(Example) I was sitting with a friend watching a movie, my arms comfortably crossed against my chest and a hematite ring that I had been wearing suddenly shattered and flew acrossed the room for no aparant reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:05 pm
Dante San
And hematite does no good either.
(Example) I was sitting with a friend watching a movie, my arms comfortably crossed against my chest and a hematite ring that I had been wearing suddenly shattered and flew acrossed the room for no aparant reason.
I've read about that happening before.
Apparently it's a semi-common thing with hematite rings, them being a bit fragile and all.
Have you tried using a stone instead?  

Elizabeth Tarion

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:17 am
Dante San
As to the grounding.
I've never actually been good at grounding. I have a tendency to over ground.

Have you tried the grounding ritual in Yasmine Galenorn's Magical Meditations? It's not so much typical grounding as it is drawing and balancing, and I find it extremely effective.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff