I might be going to Colombia in July. I will spend ten days either teaching a vacation bible school, working with a feeding program, or helping an initiative to teach vocational skills to teens or adults. I need to raise funds for this trip (about $2,000 including airfare and personal expenses) and my parents are worried since it's Colombia. From what I've heard, Colombia has gotten safer in the recent years but since we're going to be working in a poorer neighborhood with a higher crime rate, that means something could still happen. It's not me that's worried, it's just my parents. My mom was afraid that I was going to get kidnapped until I took her to a meeting that I had with the two people in the church who were coordinating the trip. There I asked them about safety and they were able to reassure my mom that the organization that we will be going with is a very reputable organization that has been taking groups to colombia for quite a while. We will be going with a group called Go International.