Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
How do you define psychic vampirism? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:40 am
Do you think it's just using the emotions of someone else as power? Do you think it involves actively, willfully feeding off someone else's energy? Do you think it's just a disability that is uncontrollable by those who have it, and imitatable by those who don't? Or do you think something completely different?

I'll save my personal opinion until I've heard the opinions of others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:46 pm
Any female who can actually see the Invisible glowing neon sign over Rei's head with the label "Too nice for his own good guy who will buy your pathetic sob-story and will put up with your inceasant angst when you call at 2am in the morning."  

Operation Shoestring

Arichan16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:40 pm
I define psychic/energy vampirism as a person who literally feed, conciously or unconciously, off of the energies given off by a person(s). I knew someone once who I came to know as my personal definition of an energy vamp. He didn't know what he was doing... but every time I got around him I just felt drained and depressed. He could show up at the door and instantly all my smiles became fake and I felt tired. I have since cut all comunications with the guy, yet he occasionally hunts me down in a very stalker-like manner that is really very scary... He is most definitely my definition of an energy vamp. *nod*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:45 pm
Any person who feeds from the energies of others. In some cases it is combined with empathy, to the extent that they not share but steal the person's emotional energy. In others it is just energy. In close confinement with a person who is an anergy vamp, the person over time may feel slightly dreained, depending ont he strength of the energy vam. In most case it is never very severe. Mostly becasue any average person encounters so many people during th eaverage day that they never haev to feed to heavily off of any one person.
If you are one of these it may become that you feel very drained if you are not around people on a regular basis. Of course that feeling doesn not make you one, but is the most common symptom of those that are. There are other factors as well of course.  

Marubaii

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 am
Hyperactive imagination.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:08 am
I've yet to see the slightest shred of evidence that psychic vampirism exists. I don't want to think about how many morons I've known who claim the affliction, yet produce none of the draining effect.  

Gardenia

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:25 am
Actually, I have.
Myself, bluey and timeslider know someone who used to sap a room of vibrancy.
Most of the time it's a result of what I term reactive empaths who have very low self images. But sometimes, as in the case of the person in question, it was something different.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:39 am
I include those who belong to the Temple and/or the theft of energy from another.  

TeaDidikai

quantum_leaper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:12 am
Whats a timeslider? wink

Basically a lot of the time its not vamp at all just something that could be taken for it.

In the case of this Chap however... and to be honest i'd say still can can sap rooms & people, Not as bad as used to happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 am
I would say that a psychic vampire is somebody who requires feeding off of the energy of others to survive. The person may have control over it, or he may not. The person may know that's what he is, or he may not. But the person needs to feed in order to live. I wouldn't consider a person who feeds off of the energy of others by choice a psychic vampire, only someone who imitates one. It's a condition in my book.  

Memento Mortalis Es

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:48 am
Bite the Wax Tadpole
I would say that a psychic vampire is somebody who requires feeding off of the energy of others to survive. The person may have control over it, or he may not. The person may know that's what he is, or he may not. But the person needs to feed in order to live. I wouldn't consider a person who feeds off of the energy of others by choice a psychic vampire, only someone who imitates one. It's a condition in my book.
Why?

What makes it anyless vampirism?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:15 pm
I think it's sort of a silly term to deal with what I consider mostly psychological phenomenon, though it's crossed over into the mainstream as well: most notably a book called "Emotional Vampires" which deals with people who are just really...attention craving people. It's a great resource, by the way. Completely useful for me.

If you want to conceptualize it as people feeding on energy, I think that's perfectly acceptable, and even accurate to a degree. I prefer to think of it as people feeding on the "victim's" attention, personally.

Tea: Perhaps Manhattan (I can't call him Tadpole!) is working under the definition that the vampire NEEDS whatever he's draining from a victim to survive, as opposed to doing it for shits and giggles...?

(Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but that's how I would describe the difference.)  

MST3Kakalina

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:29 am
MST3Kakalina

Tea: Perhaps Manhattan (I can't call him Tadpole!) is working under the definition that the vampire NEEDS whatever he's draining from a victim to survive, as opposed to doing it for shits and giggles...?

(Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but that's how I would describe the difference.)
He might be. I'm waiting for his justification so that I can break it down. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:41 am
TeaDidikai
He might be. I'm waiting for his justification so that I can break it down. mrgreen
'What is the meaning of life, the universe, and, well, everything?'

Providing plenty of material for the amusement of Tea.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:01 am
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
'What is the meaning of life, the universe, and, well, everything?'

Providing plenty of material for the amusement of Tea.
Of course. This shouldn't be news for anyone.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff