Let's share our (obscure and hipster) music~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 pm
I know all of you like that artist who you think should be more famous, I know you must like some band whose youtube videos don't have a single Metalica fan complaining how music nowadays sucks. So let's share our precious little gems, cause if I hear rolling in the deep again I'm gonna have a seizure! (nothing against this song, but people just can't stop playing it and Adelle has a bunch of other good songs people could also pay attention too)

A little form~

What's the artist/band's name?
What do they sound like?
How did you find you about them and why they caught your attention?
Favorite songs?

I'll post mine in the comments =D  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:28 pm
___● The Postal Service!
They're really mellow; my brothers introduced me and I have been hooked ever since.
Their best song is... I can't really decide. I love Clark Gable though.

And Pogo. kdjbgehiosuiafb his music is better than life. He remixes films.
Go to Faggottron on youtube, listen to everything.
My favourites are Wishery, Mary's Magic, and Murmurs of Middle Earth.

acn period

Beloved Noob

Krateor

Distinct Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm
Sleeping at Last.

very relaxing, easy going, mellow music. pianos, light strings, some guitar.

I honestly can't remember how I found out about them.
it had to have been on accident (searching lyrics on google or something).
they caught my attention because the lead has a very unique voice.
also, I have a thing for strings since my dad is an expert on the violin.

my favorite songs are Umbrella, Turning Page, and Needle&Thread.

they did manage to make it into Breaking Dawn: Pt. 1, so I'm happy they are finally getting some press.
here's the song from that movie if anyone is interested: Turning Page

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:38 pm
acn period
___● The Postal Service!
They're really mellow; my brothers introduced me and I have been hooked ever since.
Their best song is... I can't really decide. I love Clark Gable though.

Woah, those movie remixes are incredible cool! emotion_kirakira

Postal Service is really good too, and let me say I don't usually like mellow stuff.  

BiaA

Nerd

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 pm
My turn =0
Mando Diao
Indie Rock band from Sweden, I'm not good at describing songs...their music is very energetic, I love to sing along.
I have absolutely no idea how I found out about them though. And it was a very long time ago cause for a while I forgot about them and someday just checking some old music folder on my PC I heard them again and I was like "dem this is good"
Favorite songs are Dance with Somebody, Clean Town and Train on Fire
They seem famous, but idk I never hear people talking about them. Eh, they deserve the mention anyway, lol.

The Drums
They're an indie pop band, their songs are very catchy and summery. Even songs about bad stuff and very energetic. I found out about them watching music videos on VH1.
My favorite songs are Saddest Summer Ever, Me and The Moon and We Tried  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Sunstroke Project

They're from Moldova and have some pretty cool songs.
They use a violin and a saxophone. For that alone they deserve some love!

Run Away

People from Europe probably recognize this song if they own a TV. xd

Summer

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Teh Savior
Crew

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:05 pm
Ven Loraine

Sunstroke Project

Run Away

Summer

holy s**t ven you like sunstroke project too? 8D  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:11 pm
Teh Savior
Ven Loraine

Sunstroke Project

Run Away

Summer

You know them? emotion_kirakira

Yeah, I love that saxophone guy <3
The singer has also a pretty amazing voice and who could not love an electrical violin!?

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Teh Savior
Crew

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Ven Loraine
Teh Savior
Ven Loraine

Sunstroke Project

Run Away

Summer

You know them? emotion_kirakira

Yeah, I love that saxophone guy <3
The singer has also a pretty amazing voice and who could not love an electrical violin!?
I was introduced to them back when their performance at eurovision went viral on youtube, haha. The electric violin is just absolute badass.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm
Teh Savior
I was introduced to them back when their performance at eurovision went viral on youtube, haha. The electric violin is just absolute badass.

Yeah, me too! I loved their performance, too bad they didn't get many points. xd

My boyfriend used to have a neverending loop of the saxophone solo as ringtone. rofl

Ven Loraine

Explorer

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:13 pm
teppan. its a japanese band whose music appeared in a ps2 game as track samples. i fell in love with their music because of the game, and i went searching on google for more of their stuff but. NOTHING. i managed to find a now dead jaoanese website with mp3s to full versions of the music that appeared in the game, plus a couple of tracks that werent in the game (just in case you were thinking they were just a band for that game, which some game companies do)

i would love to give you examples of their music but they are so obscure that their music isnt on youtube. i've looked. and i dont mean to say that to sound like some kind of music snob. i really wish they were more known because finding stuff by them is a pain in the a**.

so if yall dont mind if i link to an mp3 http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/3/1562198/full10.mp3 this is my fave song by them  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm
Emily mother ******** Wells.

Well, just Emily Wells.
One of the best concerts I've ever been to.
She mixes live, looping violin, ukulele, and her voice. I saw her play with a drummer and a stand up bassist as well.
She's been described as classical meets hiphop--mostly because her first EP had some definite hiphop influence and she has the dopest Notorious B.I.G. cover ever.

This b***h needs to blow up. I actually heard about her a couple years ago from a friend on Gaia and she instantly became one of my favorite artists.

Also I just got into a hiphop group from South Africa called Die Antwoord. They are insane and sort of hilarious. They're getting more popular overseas and are getting a s**t ton of flack on youtube because they're whacked, but I don't know. It's a whacked I can enjoy. Plus the social commentary on South Africa is extremely interesting. And the lead male named himself Ninja. lol  

Susue

Alien Invader

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 pm
Will never not post mya gurl Iggy
gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:08 pm
omg, this thread emotion_bigheart

this post will be themed with: concept albums emotion_awesome

Firstly, one of my absolute favoritest bands, Mae. The name is an acronym for Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience. The Everglow is by far their most popular album, but I must urge anyone interested to listen to their three EPs, (m)orning, (a)fternoon, and (e)vening. Concept albums, these three when played back to back play as one continuous string of music/sound. Each album has a "feel" for the time of day it's named after. They also represent seasons, respectively spring/summer, summer/fall, fall/winter. They also tell the story of the main character who is searching for inspiration and meaning for his music.
(e)vening is full of AWESOME music to sleep to. There's a three-part piano sonata, and this song

Next, The Dear Hunter. They released a concept album titled "The Color Spectrum". Composed of 36 tracks, they explore the colors of the rainbow, using ROYGBIV. There are 6 songs for each color, and each color has a different sound. For example, the color red is very angry and bitter, while the color green is contemplative and almost entirely acoustic.

Then, a band that isn't really hipster, Relient K xD Their latest complete album is the only one worth sharing, "Forget and Not Slow Down." Telling the story of the lead's breakup with his fiance, it's full of bitterness and heartbreak, and the tiniest glimmer of hope. Has a very raw feel. Another album that is continuous. Aka, songs don't have absolute endings, but rather run into the next song/intro/outro. My favorite song off the album is Savannah.
I have a personal connection to this album because when I got it I was dealing with a particularly difficult breakup of my own xp  

loups-garoux

Wily Werewolf

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:56 pm
I've been told that I'm a hipster.......and yet I can't think of any "hipster" bands that I really like. Oh gawd! I'm a failure as a hipster! gonk

Well I do listen to a lot of random foreign bands/singers. Does that count?
Hande Yener (Turkish), Glukoza(Russian), Emilie Simon(French), group_inou (Japanese), and Aural Vampire (Japanese).

I found them through various youtube links. Oh youtube......sometimes I wonder what my cd collection would look like today if you never existed. emotion_bigheart

acn period
___

Yeeesssss~ I LOVE HIS MIXES! emotion_kirakira
I can listen to SplurgenShitter, Alice, and Bangarang over and over again. xd  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas