I Want It Now ( a thread about gainans) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am
This is what I think of when I see today GCD thread and sf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFnRkRwiFrI

gaian today seen greedy . I mean when I saw this thread -http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/groundhog-day/t.77622487/ my face went to this emotion_facepalm .I mean does gaia have to do every holiday?

then there this topic in the sf -http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/celebrating-black-history-month/t.77609695/ emotion_0A0 . beside talking about the hoiday I really don't see the point.

Then there threads saying earning gaia gold is hard. It like they just wanted gaia to give 100k for logging in. Is it me or are the new gaians really greedy. I mean nothing wrong for asking for stuff but some request draw the line for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 am
Everytime someone famous dies I hold out hope that we can avoid a request for a 'comemorative' free item.
I've been disappointed every time.

Did lol at the requests for a celebratory 'Osama died yay' item though. I mean really? Such poor taste rofl  

flocksy

Spooky Bum

20,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 am
Flocksy
Everytime someone famous dies I hold out hope that we can avoid a request for a 'comemorative' free item.

Did lol at the requests for a celebratory 'Osama died yay' item though. I mean really? Such poor taste rofl

OH MY GOD THIS YES THIS!.

I hate that, Someone died. Where's my item.

Makes me furious.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 am
Yeata Zi
Flocksy

OH MY GOD THIS YES THIS!.

I hate that, Someone died. Where's my item.

Makes me furious.

I mean, the 'it's an obscure holiday half of you haven't even heard of make me an item plz' threads are annoying enough and they are normally posted on the day by which time it's far too late to even think about making an item,
but death items? Is your need for free pixels on a website that insatiable that you're going to try to guilt the staff into making stuff under the guise of comemorating someone? If you actually cared you could more than likely create a comemorative avatar!
I just want to slap some sense into them. NO. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SHOULD BEHAVE DAMNIT!
my faith in humanity plummets when I see those!  

flocksy

Spooky Bum

20,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 am
Those someone die thread always upset me. Threads like that will never go away.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm
Rather distasteful if you ask me, though I do side with the newbies on gold being hard to earn to an extent for what the basic supply & demand is, but... yeah free items... come on now. But eh... If they wanted hard gold they should of been around when I first joined, we had a slow, buggy site and very low gold gains.. You were rich if you had 10k!

... Ah 2003, you and your damn errors.

Ahem.. yeah.

Also, I already have low faith in humanity... and it is rather pitiful to see people demanding items every time someone dies or a holiday or whatever.  

Pyres

Enduring Shapeshifter

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 pm
Pyres
Rather distasteful if you ask me, though I do side with the newbies on gold being hard to earn to an extent for what the basic supply & demand is, but... yeah free items... come on now. But eh... If they wanted hard gold they should of been around when I first joined, we had a slow, buggy site and very low gold gains.. You were rich if you had 10k!

... Ah 2003, you and your damn errors.

Ahem.. yeah.

Also, I already have low faith in humanity... and it is rather pitiful to see people demanding items every time someone dies or a holiday or whatever.

I don't mind when they come up with new ideas to earn gold.Is when they demand it and give no suggests.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Seriously, I am so tired of all those threads that people make just to let Gaia know how upset they are that they have to quest for items like us lowly peons. It is ridiculous how lazy, greedy, and just plain stupid some of the users are, but hopefully they will get fed up and leave Gaia, instead of just sticking around and bitching all the time.

Usadari

Citizen

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 pm
Usadari
Seriously, I am so tired of all those threads that people make just to let Gaia know how upset they are that they have to quest for items like us lowly peons. It is ridiculous how lazy, greedy, and just plain stupid some of the users are, but hopefully they will get fed up and leave Gaia, instead of just sticking around and bitching all the time.

I agree . They are a bunch of ungrateful brats. They want everything, but complain about it too, of how they can do it so much better, and how disappointed they are about everything, but they keep sticking around and bitching.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 pm
Kiaori Moon Warrior
Usadari

I agree . They are a bunch of ungrateful brats. They want everything, but complain about it too, of how they can do it so much better, and how disappointed they are about everything, but they keep sticking around and bitching.

There was this one oldie who would always put gaia down. She would keep saying why do I keep coming here. I want this quote her so bad and say leave damn it. Nothing gaia did would ever make her happy.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Usadari

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:47 pm
Kiaori Moon Warrior

MrsrachaelSnape
There was this one oldie who would always put gaia down. She would keep saying why do I keep coming here. I want this quote her so bad and say leave damn it. Nothing gaia did would ever make her happy.

And the sad thing is, even if Gaia gave them the option to have every item they wanted and as much gold as they wanted, they would still complain about how lame Gaia was and how there was nothing to do, so I am personally kind of glad that Gaia just ignores requests for new ways to earn more gold. I mean, no matter what Gaia does, these people will never be pleased anyway, so I am fine with the way it runs now ^-^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 pm
When I see that kind of thread, I do simply ignore it.
But I think that is the result of kiddos without imagination, they'd believe that just because of mostly the official global holiday items are well done, they might get one awesome for their regional holiday too.

Ignoring that to make a item even though it's pixelated, it requires a certain real cost and ought to have a meaning for all the community.

Now, the customer complain will never end and more coming from brats, but the best position Gaia can take is the neutral.  

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

Anti-Ling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:11 pm
You can't deny that a Bill Murray celebrity date would be good right about now  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:46 pm
Anti-Ling
You can't deny that a Bill Murray celebrity date would be good right about now

rofl he could be a zombie though, if you saw zombieland ^_^.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:05 pm
User Image
I don't think Gaians are any more greedy now than they've ever been. People have always wanted more items and more gold. I think the only thing that has changed is that Gaia has gotten more generous, and that kind of skews your perceptions a bit. Perhaps people are more likely to ask for things when there has been a precedent for it before. So, since Gaia has been setting more precedents like that, you're more likely to see someone asking for more of the same. But people have always been greedy.

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff