Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[+][L-N+][P-UL] ~ THE MARK ~ (OPEN & ACCEPTING)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Those Who Bear The Mark... Shall Rule The World.

User Image

• Title, Index, & Introduction
  • Rules, News, & Updates
  • Country Information
  • Class Minion & The Mark Information
  • Character Information & Biography Format
  • Good Character Biographies
  • Neutral Character Biographies
  • Bad Character Biographies
  • Links & Closing Thoughts

User Image

INTRODUCTION:
The year is 1910 in the country of Austria-Hungary and the various kingdoms within are vying for control of the Empire of Austria (Cisleithania) and the Kingdom of Hungary (Transleithania) as a whole.

Embroiled in a secret war are the kingdoms of Bohemia, Bosnia, Bukovina, Carinthia, Carniola, Croatia-Slavonia, Dalmatia, Galicia, Herzegovina, Küstenland, Lower & Upper Austria, Moravia, Salzburg, Silesia, Styria, Tyrol, and Vorarlberg.

This secret war has culminated into the Kingdom of Dalmatia, where combatants have gathered to claim the prize of the country for their victory. But victory does not come without a price... and the soldiers have paid a heavy toll for the power to participate in this otherworldly conflict.

Each kingdom has searched far and wide for those who bear "The Mark". Two have come to fight for each kingdom from nations around the world. Those chosen few have sacrificed their immortal souls in order to summon the spirits of "The Mark", each bound by contract to do their Master's bidding until the death of he who summoned him.

But there is one who bears "The Mark" who hides himself in the shadows and wields the Class of Emperor... awaiting the day that he can claim victory and snatch the country into his own grasp.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:15 pm

User Image

RULES:

• Keep it PG-13.
  • No god-moding.
  • You can only play a max of 4 characters in total and only 2 for the same faction (evil, good, or neutral)!
  • Please obey the thread creator (Nileregwen DoUrden).
  • Be civil to one another.
  • Shounen Ai is welcome here... VERY welcome here...
  • PM me all Character Bios with the text of "The Mark RP" in the PM heading.
  • Villains / Antagonists are always welcome!
  • Posting in *actions* is PROHIBITED!
  • This is a literate RP. Please use proper grammar and punctuation... and try to refrain from two sentence replies please! The more you give, the more others can give back!
  • Check the News & Updates OFTEN!

NEWS & UPDATES:

• NEW! 01/29/2012 - 8:30PM (CST):
    -> RP is Open!
    -> The Class of Emperor and the Class of Magician have both been claimed and are thus crossed out on the list.

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:20 pm

User Image

COUNTRY & KINGDOMS:

Secretly, the kingdoms have split into three factions:

Those who follow the Emperor Class Mark (Evil); Bohemia, Carinthia, Dalmatia, Galicia, Moravia, Styria, and Tyrol...

Those who seek to keep the Emperor from power (Good); Carniola, Hungary Proper, Küstenland, Lower & Upper Austria, Salzburg, and Silesia...

And those who remain neutral, fighting for no one side (Neutral); Bukovina, Croatia-Slavonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Vorarlberg...

MAP:
http://www.zonu.com/detail-en/2011-06-27-13958/AustriaHungary-1910.html
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Austria–Hungary 1910.
Empire of Austria (Cisleithania): 1. Bohemia, 2. Bukovina, 3. Carinthia, 4. Carniola, 5. Dalmatia, 6. Galicia, 7. Küstenland, 8. Lower Austria, 9. Moravia, 10. Salzburg, 11. Silesia, 12. Styria, 13. Tyrol, 14. Upper Austria, 15. Vorarlberg;
Kingdom of Hungary (Transleithania): 16. Hungary proper 17. Croatia-Slavonia;
Austrian-Hungarian Condominium: 18. Bosnia and Herzegovina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:23 pm

User Image

CLASSES:

Here are the different Classes. Each category of class adheres to a certain type, and within are two evil classes, two good classes, and three neutral classes. Also listed is a very vague example of their skills. You may add to a class's skills if you claim the character of that class.

Only one character from each class may be in play at any given time. A neutral character can become either good or evil at the whim of the Master. Choose wisely.

[ ~ THE ARTS ~ ]

• Courtesan -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of dance, charm, and seductive wiles.
  • Craftsman -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to create from wood, metal, and cloth.
  • Musician -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of song, instruments, and melody.
  • Painter -> Good -> Possessing the ability of the canvas, brush, and color.
  • Poet -> Evil -> Possessing the ability of romantic words, scripts, and charm.
  • Sculptor -> Evil -> Possessing the ability to create from clay, stone, and crystal.
  • Novelist -> Good -> Possessing the ability of fantastical ideals, words, and reality.

[ ~ THE MAGICKS ~ ]

• Diviner -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of foreseeing the future, the past, and the present.
  • Druid -> Good -> Possessing the ability to bend nature, call forth nature, and blend into the world.
  • Illusionist -> Evil -> Possessing the ability to create illusions (both physical and mental), to control the senses, and of light and dark.
  • Magician -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to trick and deceive, to craft minor illusions, and teleportation.
  • Priest -> Good -> Possessing the ability to purify, to exorcise, and to bless.
  • Shifter -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to shift into animal form, to copy the human form, and to blend into the world.
  • Summoner -> Evil -> Possessing the ability to call forth demons, monsters, and angelic beings.

[ ~ THE NOBLES ~ ]

• Consort -> Evil -> Possessing the ability of disguise, devotion, and charm.
  • Emperor -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of authority, to command legions, and to bend wills to his own.
  • Empress -> Evil -> Possessing the ability of authority, charm, and of any one other class chosen by the Master.
  • Knight -> Good -> Possessing the ability of chivalry, weapons knowledge, and natural armour.
  • Maiden -> Good -> Possessing the ability to purify, to charm, and of any one ARTS class chosen by the Master.
  • Prince -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of authority, to command legions, and weapons knowledge.
  • Princess -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of authority, charm, and foresight.

[ ~ THE PHYSICAL ~]

• Assassin -> Evil -> Possessing the ability to blend into the world, weapons knowledge, and blood-lust.
  • Muscle -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of strength, resistance, and a natural armour.
  • Shield -> Good -> Possessing the ability to shield at a thought, of strong devotion, and a natural armour.
  • Spear -> Evil -> Possessing the ability of the spear, of strong devotion, and flexibility.
  • Staff -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability of the staff, to command wood, and knowledge of martial arts.
  • Sword -> Good -> Possessing the ability of the sword, of strong devotion, and to command metal.
  • Thief -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to blend into the world, cunning, and speed.

[ ~ THE SCIENCES ~ ]

• Alchemist -> Evil -> Possessing the ability to create something from nothing, to transmute gold, and to give their Master immortality (though those with immortality can be slain by a mortal).
  • Botanist -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to manipulate plants physically or genetically, an intense herbal knowledge, and master of poisons.
  • Inventor -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to create whatever is in the mind's eye, can understand the workings of anything, and the ability of one of the ARTS classes of the Master's choosing.
  • Mechanic -> Good -> Possessing the ability to create machines, can understand the workings of anything, and to command crystal.
  • Physician -> Neutral -> Possessing the ability to diagnose, heal, and physically hinder.
  • Scholar -> Good -> Possessing the ability to divine from words, unlimited absolute knowledge, and can charm with words.
  • Scientist -> Evil -> Possessing the ability to dissect, reconstruct, and understand physical matter (including human bodies).

MARKS:

Each "Mark" is different and you will be asked to present what the mark looks like. It can be something of your own design or from history, though I do ask no offensive marks please (i.e. a German swastika). You must present the mark along with your character bio.

Relationships between bearers of "The Mark" are encouraged. They can be same sex or hetero, whichever you choose. They can even be over faction lines (i.e. an Evil character can hold a Good character in their thrall) if you wish.  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:09 pm

User Image

CONSTRUCTING YOUR CHARACTER:

To create your character, you have various choices to make.

Country: First, you must decide what country to be from. Remember that there can be two people from each country. If you are from an EVIL country then your Class must be Evil or Neutral, if from a GOOD country than your Class must be Good or Neutral, and if from a NEUTRAL country your Class can be Evil, Good, or Neutral. Please consult the Country breakdown in the PLOT post and the Kingdom map above to find out what country you want your character from.

Class: Second, you must decide what Class your bearer of "The Mark" will be commanding a minion of. Once a Class if taken, there can be no other characters with that Class (i.e. The Emperor starts out taken, so no one can take the Emperor Class for themselves, except me obviously since I'm playing The Emperor's Bearer.). Keep in mind that you will be playing both your Character and their Class Minion at once since the Class is an extension of the Character's will.

Character: Third, you have to fill out my pretty little Character form! Actually, it doubles as your Character and Class form. Here you can add specific abilities to your Class minion (or keep other abilities secret). Keep in mind that I will need an image of "The Mark", a Character Image for your Bearer of "The Mark", and a Character Image for your Class minion as well. That's three images you must provide before I approve your character, as well as the other information asked for in the form. If something has a (YC) after it (YC = Your Choice), that is a space that you can CHOOSE to answer but don't actually have to answer (i.e. who does your character sound like). Keep in mind that your character doesn't necessarily have to have skills related to that of the summoned Class Minion (i.e. A police officer could have summoned the Scholar with his Mark.), but please do keep in mind that this is 1910.

CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY FORM:

Please leave in the code tags as it will make things easier for me. If you DO NOT leave them in, I WILL NOT accept your bio.

[list]
[*][b]Gaia Username:[/b]
[*][b]Character Name:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Class:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Name:[/b]
[*][b]Country:[/b]
[*][b]Alignment:[/b]
[*][b]Character Age / Birth Date:[/b]
[*][b]Character Job:[/b]
[*][b]Character Gender:[/b]
[*][b]Character Blood Type:[/b]
[*][b]Character Height:[/b]
[*][b]Character Weight:[/b]
[*][b]Character Likes:[/b]
[*][b]Character Dislikes:[/b]
[*][b]Character Sounds Like:[/b] (YC)
[*][b]Character Quirks:[/b] (YC)
[*][b]Character Preferences / Position:[/b] (gay, bi, straight) / (uke, seke, seme) (YC)
[*][b]Minion Age:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Gender:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Likes:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Dislikes:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Sounds Like:[/b] (YC)
[*][b]Minion Quirks:[/b] (YC)
[*][b]Minion Preferences / Position:[/b] (gay, bi, straight) / (uke, seke, seme) (YC)
[*][b]Mark:[/b] (please put your Mark image here and please don't stretch the page)
[*][b]Character Background Bio:[/b]
[*][b]Character Image:[/b] (please don't stretch the page!)
[*][b]Minion Background Bio:[/b]
[*][b]Minion Image:[/b] (please don't stretch the page!)
[/list]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 pm

User Image

GOOD CHARACTER BIOGRAPHIES:

None yet...  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:11 pm

User Image

NEUTRAL CHARACTER BIOGRAPHIES:

None yet...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:12 pm

User Image

EVIL CHARACTER BIOGRAPHIES:

None yet (I'm working on Emperor's atm)...  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:16 pm

User Image

LINKS:

Ancient Symbols that can be used for The Mark:

Austria-Hungary Maps:

My Other Gaia RPs:

CLOSING THOUGHTS:

I hope you all enjoy this RPG. I actually had a dream about this... which is what prompted my creating this RP. I thought it'd be a fun idea.
I think my sleeping mind just merged FATE/ZERO, Gosick, and Star Driver all in one and this was the result....
Anyway, enjoy and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 pm
THIS RPG IS OFFICIALLY <- OPEN -> !

I just have to add in the pretty graphics whenever photobucket decides to stop being a pain in the butt...  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items