Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:56 pm
I suck at titles. But this topic is about e- friends

so I join sites at times I don't read all their terms. Like Facebook emotion_awesome .

Anyway on facebook I got a 7 day block where I couldn't add random friends. You get message pointing out facebook terms how you can only add people you know in real life.Which I found silly . So once I deleted my account I gave my reasons why I was leaving ( you have to give a reason or you can't delete your account) . It made me think of gaia and how happy I am that gaia doesn't have a crazy rule like that.

So I was wondering on gaia have you made friendship on gaia even though you never met any of them in real life?How would you feel if gaia had a new rule about adding random people like facbook saying it was for our safely?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm
Must be an age thing because Facebook lets me add anyone question  

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:01 pm
User Image
How do they know if you know someone in real life or not? I have people I know from Gaia on my fb. >.>;

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm
Dickie Twinkles

It isn't an age thing with me. Someone must have reported me because the term doesn't say anything abut age,it just says you can't add or request from someone you don't know.

They don't know if you know them or not. Why I gave my feedback on that saying most of my friends were from pages for just getting add.Call "add me" like for sim social.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:24 pm
User Image
That is pretty silly. As if knowing someone in real life is a guarantee that they won't use your personal info against you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:35 pm
KaylaGalela
User Image
That is pretty silly. As if knowing someone in real life is a guarantee that they won't use your personal info against you.

3nodding They say they are doing for your safety but we all know it for their safety ( lawsuit) . To be a member of facebook you have to be 13 or older. ConsumersReports.org in May 2011, there are 7.5 milli, children under 13 with accounts, violating the site's terms of service.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:44 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
User Image

3nodding They say they are doing for your safety but we all know it for their safety ( lawsuit) . To be a member of facebook you have to be 13 or older. ConsumersReports.org in May 2011, there are 7.5 milli, children under 13 with accounts, violating the site's terms of service.
User Image
Yeah, It's all about making money and keeping it, isn't it? Oh well. Facebook is lousy anyway. If I got a 7 day ban, I probably wouldn't even notice, if not for the email they would send me. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:49 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
User Image

User Image
Yeah, It's all about making money and keeping it, isn't it? Oh well. Facebook is lousy anyway. If I got a 7 day ban, I probably wouldn't even notice, if not for the email they would send me. ^^

Oh I got no e-mail. I just try to log in one day and you get that message. You then have to click saying you now read the terms to then log in . I had to click I read the terms for my block so I can log in to delete my account. I don't know why you are require to say why you are leaving facebook since I know they won't care.Facebook just gave me more reasons to love gaia.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm
MrsrachaelSnape

Oh I got no e-mail. I just try to log in one day and you get that message. You then have to click saying you now read the terms to then log in . I had to click I read the terms for my block so I can log in to delete my account. I don't know why you are require to say why you are leaving facebook since I know they won't care.Facebook just gave me more reasons to love gaia.
User Image
Ah. I thought you meant you got the message in an email. Then I really wouldn't notice. xD

A lot of service companies will ask you for a reason if you decide to drop them. I'd imagine that feedback gets punched into a database somewhere and gets crunched up and spit back out as a pie chart or something. Whether marketing then makes good decisions based on that info is anyone's guess. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 pm
Harhar that's an awfully stupid rule
Mostly considering that technically all those add me things for FB games are considered illegal under that. I can guarantee you none of those people know any of the people they're adding because if they did they would have already added them dramallama

I've got Gaia friends on my FB too
Screw the rules I have money

It would probably tank and nobody would have but like a few people on their friends list
I'd actually love to meet some of my masquerade buddies in real life
I've meet the two Michigan ones at a con once but everyone else is too far away ;w;

Pengaana

Slumbering Tengu

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
Dickie Twinkles

It isn't an age thing with me. Someone must have reported me because the term doesn't say anything abut age,it just says you can't add or request from someone you don't know.

They don't know if you know them or not. Why I gave my feedback on that saying most of my friends were from pages for just getting add.Call "add me" like for sim social.

Ah, this is why I prefer Twitter - it actively encourages stalking XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm
Dickie Twinkles
MrsrachaelSnape
Dickie Twinkles

Ah, this is why I prefer Twitter - it actively encourages stalking XD

Yeah but you can't play games on twitter. Why I'm hoping gaia moves their facebook games on other sites.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image
Ah. I thought you meant you got the message in an email. Then I really wouldn't notice. xD

A lot of service companies will ask you for a reason if you decide to drop them. I'd imagine that feedback gets punched into a database somewhere and gets crunched up and spit back out as a pie chart or something. Whether marketing then makes good decisions based on that info is anyone's guess. ^^

That makes sense , and all the this time I though Mark Zuckerberg read them for laughs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:15 pm
Konan Tatsuhiko
Harhar that's an awfully stupid rule
Mostly considering that technically all those add me things for FB games are considered illegal under that. I can guarantee you none of those people know any of the people they're adding because if they did they would have already added them dramallama

I've got Gaia friends on my FB too
Screw the rules I have money

It would probably tank and nobody would have but like a few people on their friends list
I'd actually love to meet some of my masquerade buddies in real life
I've meet the two Michigan ones at a con once but everyone else is too far away ;w;

That why I couldn't stop laughing when I got the message. I thought they should if anything ban those pages. I mean gaia isn't a dating site but you read/hear stories all the time how someone found their love one on gaia. Today that's just how the online soical world is . You meet and/or make friends from someone you never knew before.
. I though facebook was a soical site where you can add old friends and make new ones.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
KaylaGalela
MrsrachaelSnape

User Image

That makes sense , and all the this time I though Mark Zuckerberg read them for laughs.
User Image

He probably has all those comments printed on rolls of toilet paper so he can read them while on the john. Then he "files" them away. ^^

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff