Submit

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 am
So, last week our neighbor calls at night and ask becuase the weather wasn't nice if he can park his car in our driveway. His son was over and they don't clean out their garage, and they say they don't have enough room in their driveway. We don't have a car, we say yes. The next night he parks there without asking, mother says you have to call each time. She did tell them the other day, I could hear her say that. He says it was a misunderstanding... Bull but w/e.
However, last night at 11PM he comes and just opens our glass storm door. Mother gives him the okay to park again though she isn't happy. I am pissed and said. You should have said no, it's 11PM and he had all day to call. He just shows up now, you should have said no. She then goes to the window and says, this was too late it was rude and goes on from there. He says, he saw our lights on, thought it would have been more rude to call so late then what he did, but he is sorry it is late... ((What an a**))

Then, this morning at 9AM he calls from work, says he is sorry and it wont happen again. Said the whole thing about better a walk over that late then a call.
Mother keeps trying to call back, saying never again, and 11PM is 11Pm no matter what. It wasn't an emergency what so ever.

What would you do? How would you have handled this whole thing?
I know the first time he just parked and didn't ask I would have said bug off. I would be thinking other things to say though. wink

Has anyone ever used you in this way?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 am
Wow. o.o I wouldn't have even opened the door to meet him. XD Legit. I never answer the door when its night.

There was a car parked across my driveway once. It was actually the neighbors that called to have it towed. They called and asked if it was ours and I was like "o.O No." and the next thing I know they're having it towed.

But I have weird neighbors.

Everything has to look like a magazine cover. o.o;;; They sweep the street even to keep it clean.

Anyways, they guy just seems like a jerk. :/ If he ever asks again, you should just say no and be really stern about it.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am
It's inconsiderate but not the end of the world, I'm guessing your mother thought it was better to retain a good relationship with someone she might live next to for years.
Where did the guy park before he used your drive?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 am
I would say that he isn't allowed to park there again since he disregarded your mothers permission. If he continues after he is told this have his car towed for trespassing.

Asking once doesn't translate into "you can park there forever"  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 am
Oh wow, you guys are harsh XD
I have to be nice to my arsehole neighbours or they'll set me on fire again emo
Disreguard my advice because I don't live in a nice area ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When it happen the second night I would have said something like "How many days is the son intending to use our parking spot? How long will it take to clean out your garage, cause we are making sure you know that this cannot be a permanent or long term solution for you." You can still bring these things up, so they know that you don't want them there all the time and that they need to be proactive and fix the situation on their side.

As neighbors you should try to get along but let them know that 'Hey stop mooching in our our personal space."

Now the neighbors know that you guys don't have a car and are going to be like "I don't see why they are pissy about the parking spot, they are not even using it." So you have to the situation delicacy, cause this can quickly escalate into a family feud due to something so trivial.

If they don't and they start abusing your spot more and more after you had the talk then you can take further action. Again not in a yelling match but tell them that "Look we understand your situation but as we said this cannot be your permanent solution. Its invading our space and it bothering our family to constantly go though this nightly. So clean out your garage, or find some other solution. If it comes down to it and you no longer have our permission to park in our driveway we do have to right to call a tow truck, just to make you aware. We will give you 3 days to fix the issue on your end and hopefully it will be cool between us."

I'm not a nice person but that's me being nice yet letting them now the consequence. Give them a warning if they fail to respect that then thats their problem and they deserve to be towed.  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 am
Meromictic
Wow. o.o I wouldn't have even opened the door to meet him. XD Legit. I never answer the door when its night.

There was a car parked across my driveway once. It was actually the neighbors that called to have it towed. They called and asked if it was ours and I was like "o.O No." and the next thing I know they're having it towed.

But I have weird neighbors.

Everything has to look like a magazine cover. o.o;;; They sweep the street even to keep it clean.

Anyways, they guy just seems like a jerk. :/ If he ever asks again, you should just say no and be really stern about it.

Same here, well it that was until the new priest moved in across from us but a few houses down at lest. That's a whole different story though.

Yeah, mom left him a message to not even ask, doesn't mean he wont though.

Thanks for your input though, your 100% right.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:59 am
I almost jumped to press the police button on our alarm. He is lucky I didn't.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Dickie Twinkles
It's inconsiderate but not the end of the world, I'm guessing your mother thought it was better to retain a good relationship with someone she might live next to for years.

Not the end of the worth, but rather rude.
What relationship?

No clue, he used us once in the summer as well. We moved in two years ago, the people before us had a car so i have no clue what they did before.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:12 pm
Jayce Reinhardt
I would say that he isn't allowed to park there again since he disregarded your mothers permission. If he continues after he is told this have his car towed for trespassing.

Asking once doesn't translate into "you can park there forever"

Indeed, and the 11PM was the last straw since they never help us with anything. In fact, this Halloween his wife was rather rude. Over all, they are never all that nice but their middle child.  

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When it happen the second night I would have said something like "How many days is the son intending to use our parking spot? How long will it take to clean out your garage, cause we are making sure you know that this cannot be a permanent or long term solution for you." You can still bring these things up, so they know that you don't want them there all the time and that they need to be proactive and fix the situation on their side.

As neighbors you should try to get along but let them know that 'Hey stop mooching in our our personal space."

Now the neighbors know that you guys don't have a car and are going to be like "I don't see why they are pissy about the parking spot, they are not even using it." So you have to the situation delicacy, cause this can quickly escalate into a family feud due to something so trivial.

If they don't and they start abusing your spot more and more after you had the talk then you can take further action. Again not in a yelling match but tell them that "Look we understand your situation but as we said this cannot be your permanent solution. Its invading our space and it bothering our family to constantly go though this nightly. So clean out your garage, or find some other solution. If it comes down to it and you no longer have our permission to park in our driveway we do have to right to call a tow truck, just to make you aware. We will give you 3 days to fix the issue on your end and hopefully it will be cool between us."

I'm not a nice person but that's me being nice yet letting them now the consequence. Give them a warning if they fail to respect that then thats their problem and they deserve to be towed.

We thought it best since in the summer they use our driveway, to just say don't even ask.

They never offer us any help knowing we don't own a car. Not even to shovel the driveway they use. it's small enough, they could help us a little.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:19 pm
MrsrachaelSnape
I almost jumped to press the police button on our alarm. He is lucky I didn't.

I was about to call the cops, they are very lucky.
It should be over, i am glad we have an alarm just encase they go nuts.  

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm
FairyOfGrace
Shiver`

We thought it best since in the summer they use our driveway, to just say don't even ask.

They never offer us any help knowing we don't own a car. Not even to shovel the driveway they use. it's small enough, they could help us a little.
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you have to shovel your driveway? I know sidewalks you would have to but driveways, couldn't you just not shovel it. If the son has issues when in the snow they can shovel it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm
FairyOfGrace
Dickie Twinkles

Not the end of the worth, but rather rude.
What relationship?

No clue, he used us once in the summer as well. We moved in two years ago, the people before us had a car so i have no clue what they did before.

imo, a good relationship with a neighbour is one where they've never bothered you before.  

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm
punch him in the teeth.

or get a car and park it in his drive way.

I still prefer violence  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces