Reply Give and get advice here.
Coming Out

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXxSHEWOLFxXxX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:29 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this so i'll just post it here.
How did you come out to your family?? Thought i would see what people did to come out.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:18 am
I had it pretty easy to be honest. I told my mom that the friend I was spending so much time with was really my girlfriend. She looked at me, told me that with 3 daughters odds were one of us would be gay, and she figured it would be me. Then my gf at the time came over and we all hung around and joked about it. After a while my mom gave me hints that she thought I was going to 'grow out of it' and start dating boys again. Now, two years later, so understands that I really am a lesbian and she loves me for it.

My dad didn't live with me when I was figuring my sexuality out. He just kinda figured it out slowly when I starting bringing my gf to his place to visit. He is just happy I can't get pregnant.

My best piece of advice for people who have not come out yet, wait until you are absolutely ready or you just can't wait anymore. Start with those who will love you no matter what and tell the people who might be less accepting later. Just remember, nobody is forcing you to come out. Do it at your own pace when it feels right to you. =)

NikiNeon

Obey Tori
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:38 am
First off, just think about how your parents/siblings might react. Sometimes it's best to not say anything, like in my experience.
I just came out to my parents because I felt like I was hiding, not just to do it.

If you really wanna come out, just come to your family or friends when they're all together and just say you have something you need to tell them. Explain to them what you're afraid of from telling them (like you might be afraid of being judged) then tell them that you hope nothing changes. After that just tell them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 pm
My mom knew I had tons of gay/lesbian/ bi friends and knew that while in college I started going to gay clubs with them, but she still didn't put two and two together. Well one day I come home for break and she tells me about this new channel we have called LOGO and she's telling me all about it. Of course I start watching it and what not. But, one day she comes home and I'm watching ANT on there and she goes, "Are you gay? And you better tell the truth cause I want you to say Honest to God." Well, from that point she just went off and I got the bible speech and then she took off to her friend's house where they had this huge talk about how it's just a phase. She finally started talking to me again but for a while but for three and a half years it was tense. Last summer she sat me down and told me she'd love me no matter what and it would be ok to bring my girl to meet her one day. But she still let me know that if I ever got married she wouldn't attend and she was going to continue to pray for this to leave my spirit.  

Nerukai

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Give and get advice here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items