Video Game question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 am
Steam is having a sale on Bioshock, it looks interesting.

Anyone HAVE this game and if so is it worth it?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:20 am
Bioshock is the most amazing game and anyone who tells you otherwise is a DOUBTER.  

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:39 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I rented it ages ago and it was AWESOME!
Go get it while the price is low!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 am
If my comp could handle it, I'd have it. it's very shiny.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:39 am
Uncle Haijin
Bioshock is the most amazing game and anyone who tells you otherwise is a DOUBTER.

^^^
This.
Double bonus points if you enjoy learning about ethics, and like stories/interesting settings.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:42 am
I would have to say 'yes'.

Even if I can't play it properly myself due to not wanting to do anything but read the walls and look at all the scenery.  

Catena Carswell

Magic Hobo

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 am
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
not wanting to do anything but read the walls and look at all the scenery.

You sound like me, ha ha.

Ok, due to all these glowing opinions above I purchased.

Is the second one just as good?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:50 am
Jayce Reinhardt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Second one fixes the gameplay problems of the first one, in my opinion, but the story is a bit weaker. 3nodding Your mileage may vary?  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:02 pm
charlieslaysvampires
Jayce Reinhardt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Second one fixes the gameplay problems of the first one, in my opinion, but the story is a bit weaker. 3nodding Your mileage may vary?

Yeah, this, but don't let you fool you. That's like saying a strawberry isn't quite as good as an orange, but they're both tasty fruit, so it works out pretty well. The second doesn't seem to have as many memorable characters as the first, which I think is a weak point, but on the other hand, it does have Alex the Great, who should totally have secret underwater parties with Sander Cohen and Steinman.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 pm
Uncle Haijin
charlieslaysvampires
Jayce Reinhardt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Yeah, this, but don't let you fool you. That's like saying a strawberry isn't quite as good as an orange, but they're both tasty fruit, so it works out pretty well. The second doesn't seem to have as many memorable characters as the first, which I think is a weak point, but on the other hand, it does have Alex the Great, who should totally have secret underwater parties with Sander Cohen and Steinman.

Secret underwear parties with the three of those guys?
...Do not know if want.

Eh probably not. emotion_0A0  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:23 pm
charlieslaysvampires
Uncle Haijin
charlieslaysvampires
Jayce Reinhardt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

...Do not know if want.

It would end in a bloody plastic surgery show in Fort Frolic set to the dulcet tones of a terrified young man in bunny ears playing Für Elise on an explosive piano. In the background, plaster-coated splicers strike dramatic poses in front of an Impressionistic background. At the end of the performance, just as Steinman makes the finishing gash, the backdrop lifts up to reveal a gigantic tube, followed by Alex the Great appearing and firing the entire audience. Just as a nervous smattering of applause is heard, he lets loose an entire squadron of Security Bots. Steinman and Cohen take a bow. In the book, Cohen and Steinman seem to be bros, so maybe that's already happened.

EDIT: Lol, wait, you said underwear. I'm pretty sure Alex no longer wears anything, Steinman probably no longer resembles anything human under his labcoat, and we already know what happens to those Sander Cohen has secret underwear parties with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:27 pm
Uncle Haijin
charlieslaysvampires
Uncle Haijin
charlieslaysvampires
Jayce Reinhardt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

...Do not know if want.

It would end in a blood plastic surgery show in Fort Frolic set to the dulcet tones of a terrified young man in bunny ears playing Für Elise on an explosive piano. In the background, plaster-coated splicers strike dramatic poses in front of an Impressionistic background. At the end of the performance, the backdrop lifts up to reveal a gigantic tube, followed by Gil appearing and firing the entire audience. Just as a nervous smattering of applause is heard, he lets loose an entire squadron of Security Bots. Steinman and Cohen take a bow.

In the book, Cohen and Steinman seem to be bros, so maybe that's already happened.

It makes a lot of sense for Cohen and Steinman to be bros, given they're both ~artists~; never read the book though. S'it good? V:  

Charlie Graves

Magnetic Guildsman

10,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:45 pm
charlieslaysvampires
Uncle Haijin
charlieslaysvampires
Uncle Haijin
charlieslaysvampires

...Do not know if want.

It would end in a blood plastic surgery show in Fort Frolic set to the dulcet tones of a terrified young man in bunny ears playing Für Elise on an explosive piano. In the background, plaster-coated splicers strike dramatic poses in front of an Impressionistic background. At the end of the performance, the backdrop lifts up to reveal a gigantic tube, followed by Gil appearing and firing the entire audience. Just as a nervous smattering of applause is heard, he lets loose an entire squadron of Security Bots. Steinman and Cohen take a bow.

In the book, Cohen and Steinman seem to be bros, so maybe that's already happened.

It makes a lot of sense for Cohen and Steinman to be bros, given they're both ~artists~; never read the book though. S'it good? V:

Can't really tell yet, since I haven't come close to finishing it. It's my sister's and since she's hogged it so much, I've only been able to skim through the parts with Sander Cohen and Steinman because they're my favorites. The author has Sander Cohen in some pretty awful outfits though when he seems like one of the better dressed people in Rapture in the games...which isn't really saying much at all, actually, because this is a city full of people who probably haven't seen soap and a change of underwear in years.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:21 am
Holy s**t, many a good time spent playing that game on Xbox with the best dudes in the entire planet. Too bad we got the game into an unwinnable state at the end neutral  

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
Come Back Mero <33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items