Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
So I just saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read/seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
  Yes
  Nah
  I'm going to I'm going to :u
View Results

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:31 pm
Okay, I'm a pretty nonsqueamish person. Most of the stuff that's on Tvtropes or cracked isn't explicitly scary to me (while in the comments some people may be freaking out I'm just kinda meh).

But then I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and s**t was intense. I mean I knew what was going to happen on account of reading the book (and it was so good but seeing the movie had my heart racing. I mean I wasn't exactly scared... it was kinda just... suspenseful. Which I guess was the intention.

But the rape scenes... oh god :u

Anyway:

-Works that were intense to you, whether it be intentional or not? First suspense experience?
-Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?
- There was this intense scene in the book where the serial killer is about to murder someone and just before the victim is gruesomely killed the killer's all like, "BUT BEFORE I KILL YOU WE MUST HAVE SEX I'VE NEVER TASTED A MAN BEFORE" and then I started laughing really hard because it killed all the suspense. Same thing happened in the movie. Am I a bad person?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:14 pm
I was literally curled up in a ball freaking out during 'Death Proof'. I'm insanely scared of car accidents and have had to get over the strong fear of driving *because I'm convinced I'll die in a car accident* so that whole movie just screwed my world up.

Also 'Mirrors'. The only time I ever screamed in fear in a movie theater. Plus my popcorn went flying every where. The guy sitting behind me snickered at me. I felt like a tool.  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 pm
Death Pop
I was literally curled up in a ball freaking out during 'Death Proof'. I'm insanely scared of car accidents and have had to get over the strong fear of driving *because I'm convinced I'll die in a car accident* so that whole movie just screwed my world up.

Also 'Mirrors'. The only time I ever screamed in fear in a movie theater. Plus my popcorn went flying every where. The guy sitting behind me snickered at me. I felt like a tool.

Wasn't death proof a parody of horror movies? May be wrong tho. I only saw the 30 second bunny adaptation.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:09 pm
I've got balls of steel

H8IN U BIG TIME. >C

I finished the book yesterday, and OMG so awesome. 4laugh

I want to know how they're going to adapt it into a movie.User Image

Tidus Guado

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 pm
Sir Black Tea
Death Pop

Wasn't death proof a parody of horror movies? May be wrong tho. I only saw the 30 second bunny adaptation.

It was a GrindHouse flick. Not meant to be a parody or anything. Back in, like, the 70's they had their kind of weird horror version of exploitation flicks. Where it was really violent, really sexual, usually had a lot of nudity... and most people didn't like them. The only real place the parody came in was the fake trailers they had before and in between the movies. Because grindhouse double features would always have more trailers during the intermission. So, yeah. Death Proof was meant to be a serious enough movie.

But....having that b***h strapped to the hood of the car while this dude is ramming the car and trying to kill them had me in fits of hysteria by the end.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:27 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I kept thinking about that rape scene for days.
And grinning like a crazy person at the revenge.

Such a great movie.
Never saw a commercial so had no clue what the movie was about. Just was there on a date and it was the next movie playing. So the start I was trying to figure out the plot but then I was hooked!  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:28 am
I can't watch rape scenes. Idk if it's some internal fight or flight primal thing, but I can't. It's not fear, it's not that I'll have a nightmare or anything.

I just can't. It's like someone kicks me in the chest from the inside and I just need to leave.
Maybe it's a "I CAN NOT HELP THIS PERSON" thing, idk. I go to a movie to be entertained, and it feels weird to be entertained by a rape scene that could have been very well implied.
Even reading detailed ones gives me trouble. It's off-putting.

As for senseless gore...I have seen a lot. Not much phases me anymore, but it also doesn't amuse nor entertain me. I have never seen a Saw movie or Final Destination because I'm just thinking, "Look at all the space that plot could have fit into". Not to mention it's not realistic at all. People don't explode into pink pulp, nor does a fountain of blood erupt from a cut limb.

Kill Bill I give a waiver to because it was meant to be goofy in that respect.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:41 am
dakki-dono
I can't watch rape scenes. Idk if it's some internal fight or flight primal thing, but I can't. It's not fear, it's not that I'll have a nightmare or anything.

I just can't. It's like someone kicks me in the chest from the inside and I just need to leave.
Maybe it's a "I CAN NOT HELP THIS PERSON" thing, idk. I go to a movie to be entertained, and it feels weird to be entertained by a rape scene that could have been very well implied.

As for senseless gore...I have seen a lot. Not much phases me anymore, but it also doesn't amuse nor entertain me. I have never seen a Saw movie or Final Destination because I'm just thinking, "Look at all the space that plot could have fit into". Not to mention it's not realistic at all. People don't explode into pink pulp, nor does a fountain of blood erupt from a cut limb.

I live with my grandparents, and they tell me about how The Excorcist was so super scary. And my grandma flinches at like, every murder scene. I think I've killed millions of fake people in my life, and I didn't even know people ever thought watching R rated movies was special. I'm extremely desensitized to fake violence.

But I almost cried when I had to euthanize a little mouse my dog got ahold of.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 am
ROMVLVS
dakki-dono

I live with my grandparents, and they tell me about how The Excorcist was so super scary. And my grandma flinches at like, every murder scene. I think I've killed millions of fake people in my life, and I didn't even know people ever thought watching R rated movies was special. I'm extremely desensitized to fake violence.

But I almost cried when I had to euthanize a little mouse my dog got ahold of.
Fake violence isn't something I'm sensitive to at all, just bored of it.
But like, snuff vids and s**t? ******** that, that bothers me for a long while. Some people are like, "What, you can't handle it? I think it's hilarious!" but I'm rather fond of my still-human connection to my fellow people.

I've mercy-killed a chicken with a machete. It was going to be one solemn chop, but ended up being more like 15. It wasn't a heavy enough blade at all, but I didn't trust my aim with the small axe we had. I didn't cry or get particularly upset. It was required since the hen was suffering, but damn was my adrenaline going.

Fun fact: it's the same machete I'm holding in the blaze cosplay pic I entered.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am

Was it the American version? (Is that already out?)

I watched all three Swedish movies and liked the first one quite a lot.
The rape scene was kinda unsettling. But not that bad, huh.

I am hoping for the American version to be at least SOMEWHAT good.
(I don't get my hopes up too much.)

Ven Loraine

Explorer

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:09 am
Tidus Guado
I've got balls of steel

H8IN U BIG TIME. >C

I finished the book yesterday, and OMG so awesome. 4laugh

I want to know how they're going to adapt it into a movie.User Image

Both were SO AWESOME.

It's an almost 3hour movie tho but it's so worth it :u  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:10 am
Ven Loraine

Yeah I saw the American version. I heard that the first swedish version was good but not the other ones.

Which rape scenes? There were over 3 lol  

hornworts

Rare

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:12 am
dakki-dono

I didn't like them either. She did get revenge tho... she just ended up raping him.

I usually like gore and guro art.

Kill Bill is one of my favorite movies surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:20 am
Sir Black Tea
Ven Loraine

Yeah I saw the American version. I heard that the first swedish version was good but not the other ones.

I can only remember one. XD

The one with this guy who got her "I am an a*****e and rapist" (or something like this) tattoo in the end.

Ven Loraine

Explorer

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 am
Ven Loraine
Sir Black Tea
Ven Loraine

I can only remember one. XD

The one with this guy who got her "I am an a*****e and rapist" (or something like this) tattoo in the end.

In the swedish version it was in the end? In the american version it was before she even met Blomkvist. Stayed truer to the book. But it was some awesome revenge.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff