Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haunter Vivaldi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:23 pm
Name: Gaviel Zatbeo

Blood colour: #0099CC*

Symbol: Line with a circle at the bottom.

Personality: Gaviel is a bit of a snob. While he may not be royalty, or even really nobility, he's still a highblood and he loves every moment of it. He fancies himself to be enlightened above the lowblood masses, and very rarely considers a lower blooded troll to be worthy of his time.

Unless, of course, they want to contribute to his "art."

Gaviel is fascinated by colors, and what better source of color than all the numerous trolls blooded lower or equal to him? The hemospectrum and his rights as a highblood give him such a wonderful pallet to choose from, and he takes advantage of it as much as possible. He has no problem hunting and culling lowbloods to use for paint, and has a developed interest in FLARPing in order to have an excuse to gain brighter "paints."

When he isn't busy trying to gain materials, he's often trying to curry favor with higher bloods. Obviously, Gaviel is a hemospectrum devout, but that doesn't mean he doesn't try and rise above his station through knowing the right people. Of course, this worry about his art and keeping himself in good status leaves little time for actual friendships - meaning he doesn't exactly have many. Some admirers of his work, perhaps, but certainly no close friends. On the bright side, he'll likely have no shortage of kisemesis candidates in the future!

Strengths:

Creative Mind: Gaviel is actually a good artist, and along with that comes a good dose of generally creative thinking. He's excellent at figuring out unusual solutions to problems, and while he sticks to the "status quo" indicated by his blood color, he certainly doesn't with anything allowing wriggle room.

Vicious Fighter: FLARPing and hunting "paints" gives Gaviel plenty of practice in combat; his creativity aids him, as he has no sense of honor and uses his mind to come up with the fastest, and often most brutal ways to dispatch his opponents. It doesn't matter if he's stabbing you in the back while you're helping a newborn wiggler - to him, he won, and that's all that matters.

Confident: Although overconfidence may be a bad thing, Gaviel's vanity and general confidence do give him an advantage in some social situations. It's likely the only reason that a lot of people will listen to him - even if he sounds like he's mad, he sounds like he just knows what he's talking about, and can me very convincing about it.

Flaws:

Confusing: Gaviel's unusual thought patterns sometimes make him seem confusing or even downright psychotic to other trolls. He isn't crazy - at least not in a non-functioning sense ... he just thinks differently. This has put him on the spot for potential culling many times, and will likely do so again many times in the future. It also makes his attempts to curry favor ... difficult, at times.

Stupidly Stubborn: When Gaviel thinks something, Gaviel is right. Only the highest of high bloods can change his mind - and only in action. It's likely that he's still going to think whatever he thought to begin with, regardless of how he's adjusted his actions. Once he's decided something, only the most obvious, blatant examples proving him wrong with convince him otherwise - and sometimes, he still won't listen.

Vain: Gaviel Zatbeo is awesome. He is simply the best troll there is.

Weapon:

sharpenedPaintbrushKind: Gaviel uses his paintbrushes in a manner similar to daggers. Every one of them has been sharpened to a fine point or slight edge, though he usually keeps a protective cap over the pointy bits when he's painting. The mundane looking weapons are easily replaced if broken, and unless he's facing an opponent who knows his fighting methods, they tend to give him an element of surprise. The downfall of course is that they are small; they can be used thrown or up close, but generally require either careful precision or dangerous melee encounters to be effective.

Appearance:

User ImageUser Image

Gaviel dresses rather simply for the most part, though he does have an attachment to wearing a scarf and shoes of his blood color. He doesn't want any confusion that he might be some kind of lowblood after all.

Home: Suburb.

Lusus: SWANDAD is a great lusus. He taught Gaviel everything he knows about being stubborn, haughty, vain, and he offered some pretty good combat training too. Unfortunately, he was also responsible for, well ... teaching Gaviel about being stubborn, haughty, vain, and for teaching combat skills!

*Just went ahead and toned it down since I had PS open anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:45 pm
the magical review fairy here! (what up?)

first off, why is gaviel fascinated by colours? and why does he choose to express his fascination by painting? there are plenty of other ways to play with visuals including photography, design, sculpture, etc. why is "art" in brackets? i'm asking all these right off the bat, because you put great emphasis on him collecting blood and hurting trolls, but brush past over what he does with it after, and it kind of feels that him using it to paint is just a justification for him to bleed other trolls dry.

secondly, for 'confusing', how exactly does he think differently? if you put this down, you're going to have to roleplay it,and i'm curious how you'll do that, as right now it's very vague. how is his thought process different from other trolls?

if he is such a colour fanatic, it also seems odd that he has such simple clothes. i understand having no lower blood colours, but why not a bit of purple or other higher colour?

also for the hemospectrum, he seems much more focused on those below him being garbage, and isn't nearly as intense with his views on higher bloods (he seeks to rise in position, views himself as amazing rather than those above him vs the 'trash' of lowerbloods) maybe reword his 'devotion to the hemospectrum' as more of 'devotion to it where it suits his ideals(i'm the best)', since the one thing he seems to love more than it is well, himself.

i've spotted a few typos, there might be others, it would be good to give it a check through. (and can me very convincing about it., homospectrum)

apart from that, solid character! smile i'm curious about his flarping though, since you said he's pretty fond of it. do you have a flarp persona thought out for him? in game does his creative mind end up with him getting into the roleplaying side of the game as well, or does he pretty much just focus on the hunt?  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas