The Steam Engine Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 pm
So, I think it would be kind of cool to know who has and uses Steam. I quite like it. Lets me get new games without ever leaving my bed.

I'd like to play some more of it's multiplayer games, problem is I have lobby-phobia. I can't just join a game. I've got to play privately. That's where this thread comes in. A place where I could possibly organize sessions to join, or host, or any of that cool stuff.

Anybody out there?

My Steam account is SxFtSqrrl.

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Current Interests

Aliens vs. Predator
Sanctum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 pm
I have it. But I don't use it much.

username RidleyStarsmore  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:31 pm
Ridley Starsmore
I have it. But I don't use it much.

username RidleyStarsmore
Well, neither do I. Trying to remedy that though, as you can see.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:43 pm
I haven't used Steam in a while. In fact I let my friend use it to play Team Frotress, which I never really played.

I used to play Counter Strike a lot.

And more recently I used it to play Rome: Total War. A game I'm very fond of and sad that I haven't been able to play it. I used to play the campaign a lot. The last time I did I had set up a sizable army to overthrow the republic when Egypt started moving in on by borders. I had no choice but to attack, during which time the senate outlawed my faction.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:45 pm
ROMVLVS
I haven't used Steam in a while. In fact I let my friend use it to play Team Frotress, which I never really played.

And more recently I used it to play Rome: Total War. A game I'm very fond of and sad that I haven't been able to play it. I used to play the campaign a lot. The last time I did I had set up a sizable army to overthrow the republic when Egypt started moving in on by borders. I had no choice but to attack, during which time the senate outlawed my faction.
I never played Counter Strike. Not even once. The only real time strategy game I ever liked was Age of Empires 2. That was a masterpiece.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:55 pm
J 4 C K
ROMVLVS

I never played Counter Strike. Not even once. The only real time strategy game I ever liked was Age of Empires 2. That was a masterpiece.

Not as good as R:TW. Because in Rome you can be, well, Roman. The campaign takes place on a map that's turn based. The battles are real time. You have to manage settlements, and you have to have like family members to rule over the settlements and lead the armies, and they can get married and reproduce and gain stats and titles. I always get some guy named something like 'Maximus the conqueror' or 'Gaius the bloody' or something.

And the battles are sick, because they get winded and s**t. One time I attacked this army in the mountains, and they like, moved all the way to the peak of this one and ******** fired flame arrows as I marched my forces up in Testudo formation. And you can hire mercenaries.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:00 pm
ROMVLVS
J 4 C K
ROMVLVS

Not as good as R:TW. Because in Rome you can be, well, Roman. The campaign takes place on a map that's turn based. The battles are real time. You have to manage settlements, and you have to have like family members to rule over the settlements and lead the armies, and they can get married and reproduce and gain stats and titles. I always get some guy named something like 'Maximus the conqueror' or 'Gaius the bloody' or something.

And the battles are sick, because they get winded and s**t. One time I attacked this army in the mountains, and they like, moved all the way to the peak of this one and ******** fired flame arrows as I marched my forces up in Testudo formation. And you can hire mercenaries.
So I started up a trailer for it. The scale of some of the battles looks pretty intense.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:07 pm
Well. I think I'm going to go play Sanctum now. I'll pop back and forth though.  

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:24 pm
And here I was thinking you were talking about engines that run on steam power.
I actually have no idea what you are really talking about though  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:28 pm
AliceLoathesWonderland
Steam is what the whole "cloud gaming" thing is . It's basically just a service for downloading and playing games. Useful. You should get it. The Steam client is free, and there are many, many sales on games all of the time.  

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:34 pm
J 4 C K
AliceLoathesWonderland
Steam is what the whole "cloud gaming" thing is . It's basically just a service for downloading and playing games. Useful. You should get it. The Steam client is free, and there are many, many sales on games all of the time.

Interesting. I may look into it.
ty for the information  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:35 pm
AliceLoathesWonderland
J 4 C K
AliceLoathesWonderland

ty for the information
I suggest buying Sanctum! It's only $10. Plus you'd have someone to play with.
=nudgenudge=

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

M a l c c h i a t o

Dangerous Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:39 pm
I've got me some Steam. Username malcchiato.
I have TF2 and L4D2--which I've never even played.
I'm not on much since I haven't really found anyone to play Team Fortress with.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:41 pm
J 4 C K
AliceLoathesWonderland
J 4 C K
AliceLoathesWonderland

ty for the information
I suggest buying Sanctum! It's only $10. Plus you'd have someone to play with.
=nudgenudge=

$10 american?  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:42 pm
Piratejoe73