Submit

hopehopehope

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 pm
I haven't *seen* ghosts or spirits, I have heard a voice in the apt where i live. However, i note that the more connected I am spiritually, the more i can hear him/her (i believe it is a "him").

I have seen things moved by more of a poltergeist activity- At a friends home, we walked out of the kitchen (everything in place) we walk back in a few minutes later and all the pots and pans are stacked in the center of the floor, all the cabinet doors are wide open. We put stuff back, and the same thing happened with all the silverware/utinsels. It also happened in just a few minutes or even seconds...

I do have one other kind of related thing.... my mom tried to kill herself when i was 11, and she ended up in a coma for about six+ months. afterward, i asked her if she "did anything" while she was in the coma, she said she came to see us kids (3 of us), My brother remembers her coming to visit him, he woke up at like 3:04 am, and he saw my mom's??? (spirit?) in the back corner by the ceiling. He never spoke to her after her attempt, but he had told me, and even told me the exact time of her visit. She told me the same time, that she also saw on his alarm clock--- She actually did not come into my room, she was afraid she would scare me, so she stopped at my brother's and sister's rooms.

In the end, with all the evidence that we have, i don't see how anyone can really deny that, in some form, part of us (what i and others often call "spirit" lives on- whether it stays in an area to haunt it, or if it moves on to the next dimension or life it is meant to live.

I am christian in that i do believe in Christ's life, and that he came and was an example to all humanity on how to live well. (I also believe in Buddha, and in Mohammed, (I just tend to think of Christ as the eldest brother, and the most advanced in some way). But the question it leaves me with is the one of reincarnation. When i was younger i believed strongly in reincarnation, then moved back to a more standard christian faith/belief. I do think there are levels of heaven, and levels of hell-- and that in the end, Karma will require that all things balance out. The proof of spirits that are intelligent, and somehow "stuck"... the two are not necessary exclusive. By that I mean that spirits can end up "stuck" until their karmic debt is worked out, and then they could move on to the next level that is appropriate for their spiritual advancement.

Regardless, i am very curious how those who have spoken with spirits feel, or someone who has contact with the dead, do they get a "feeling" or a knowing about how it really works.

Thanks for bringing up the topic and everyone's input.
celeste heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm
I actually do have a belief system that accounts for time when spirits might still be in touch, or even trapped here on this plane of existence- as well as the next life, and what it might be like, or at least that there is another life, n some form- and that we will be living with those that share a similar level of spiritual development. (I got a *ton* from reading the channeled writings through James Padgett). It is one of the only times i've read something, and felt down to my veery core, "this IS the truth, FINALLY, this is IT*. It also allows me to maintain my faith in Christ, and in his role in humanity, through God, creation, and his resurrection.

I do have a hard time with "evil" here on earth, not that it doesn't exist, or can't exist, of course it can-- it was hard for me to admit that god would create anything that is "evil" in any way, and who knows, maybe "evil" for the most part is the result of choice God gave to ourselves, angels, or other beings.... who knows, and is a result of our free will, not a result of God's own hand in creating .... "all of this".....

I know I've heard the phrase several times, if you believe in good, then the existence of evil is a "no brainer" (can't have one without the other). I don't know .... all i know is the faith i have, and that i believe in God, in Christ, in the fact that part of God exists in all that was created by him, and therefore i do think that god wants all of those "parts" to be reunited with him, and that being in the presence of god, if I am evil- just doesn't make sense. That a level of harmony, or divine love (or some say/call it "holy spirit, or divine love, or divine spirit") is necessary to stand in the presence of God.  

hopehopehope

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:11 pm
Jinglybell
When I was a kid I had some strange experiences when I moved into an old stage coach stop.

One night I woke up in the middle of the night and a blonde boy around 6-7 years old was standing near the side of the bed and just looking off into the distance looking terrified. He stayed there for a couple of minutes before slowly fading out. I tried waking my mom but she wouldn't wake up. I suppose that could have been a waking dream, but I had a lot more experiences in the daytime when I was wide awake.
It was like 10 or 11 am on easter break I was upstairs hiding the plastic easter eggs for the roomates kid to find. All of a sudden it got RIDICULOUSLY cold, I turned around and there was this huge shadow person walking perpendicular to the hallway I was in. (It didnt look at me) It filled me with terror, I can not explain it, he was really scary and I was freezing to the bone.
About half the time when you went upstairs it felt as if someone was staring at you hating you immensely. It would be off and on, I don't know what it was doing when you wouldn't feel it.
Doors would unlock and open/close, channels would change.
We had an old fashion fire alarm on the porch, one of the ones thats like a bell with a little hammer. It just goes off one night at like 3 or 4 am and wakes everyone (but me) up. It went off for a long time, they called the fire dept, they showed up and when they got to the bottom step it just stops. The fire dept. HAD heard it go off, they checked everywhere to see if there was anything wrong (there wasn't) strange thing is the fire alarm wasnt even connected to any electrical source at all. It hadnt been for a long time as the cord were it would have connected it to electricity was cut and painted over (meaning it had been cut for years)
There are other things that happened when I wasn't there that I shan't go into because they totally sound like some sort of cheesy B ghost movie. I don't believe them myself, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to.

I've never discussed it on Gaia because the supernatural board seems to have a lot of skeptics that would say I was just a hallucinating, night terror seeing, vibrating infra-sound crazy person. But really science can't explain everything. If I hadn't had these experiences i'd probably be one of those skeptics. I havn't had any experiences like that since then, but occasionally I think i'll see some things. They never bother me though.

Oh and a follow up on the house which I just think is ODD.
Some richy rich city-type person bought the house and all the land around it. He donated JUST THE HOUSE and the money to move it. It probably would have been just as cheap to donate the little plot yet he paid to have it moved. I just thought that was a little weird. My grandma and I also went to our local museum and there was an exhibit with old Chinese coins that claimed they were from the attic of the stage coach stop. I told my grandma about how I always wanted to go up there and about the ghosts. The curator piped up her nose at me and said her friend lives there and certainly she would have told her about any ghosts. Besides being rude, I thought to myself "Would she really?" Half the time+ I get this "you're crazy" look when I tell my stories.

Anyway that's my ghost story. Im excited to hear other peoples experiences.
People who say you're crazy have very limited minds. They believe that if they can't see something themselves, then it doesn't exist. I've had many experiences that some people would say are "impossible" or "crazy". The truth of the matter is that people are afraid of what they don't understand. The so-called "ghosts" or apparitions I have seen have been people I knew before they passed on, beginning with my mother who died when I was seven. Just because we haven't got what people can see as a "rational explanation" or "scientific explanation" for something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Scientists once claimed that Electric Lights, Telephones, Airplanes, horseless carriages - and a lot of other things - were impossible. People from the old Wild West would probably die of heart failure if they found themselves barreling down the highway at even just 50 mph in one of our cars! All of those things now exist, and someday there will be a rational explanation for what we call "ghosts". mrgreen  
★★★Phenomena★★★

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff