View Results

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm
That's right, the good, bad and ugly of all things edible.
Do you grow your own food? Would you like to?
Need meal planning advice?
Want to tell us what you just ate?
Did you just eat something really nasty?
Do you fish or hunt for your food?

i think you get my point.

We have 22 different types of fruit bush, tree and vines here at my mothers. We also grow lettuce, cucumber, beans, potato, peppers, tomato and chard.

After I post this i am going to teach my brother to make an omelette so i don’t have to keep making him breakfast when there is no cereal.
He probably wont pay attention ;.;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 pm
I made fried pickles today. I used milk instead of egg to make the batter stick. It was pretty nummy.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:52 pm
I wish I could grow my own food, but I just don't have the land where I live. I do try to grow some varieties of basil, chives, and cilantro in the summer, but never never much. I'd love to plant a cherry tree if I ever have a yard of my own.

My break starts Wednesday, so I'm planning on actually cooking this week. I've been putting together the stuff for bibimbap. I want to try to make this sometime, but I think the foam might gross out everyone else in the house.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:54 pm
Due to the heat, nothing really survived my little garden this year. u.u;;

As for what I just ate, I made some chicken and beef kabobs for lunch. c:  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm
HELL YEAH FOOD.

My dad has a veggie garden. We grow lettuce, green beans, snow peas, yellow squash, cucumbers, broccoli, and all kinds of peppers.

We cook all the time. Food is a huge part of our family culture. We eat meals together every night.

On Friday we made tamales together. *0* It's our Christmas tradition

Everyone in my family knows how to fish. We live by the Gulf of Mexico so we eat fish a lot. I LOVE FISHING SO MUCH.
My dad hunts. In fact, we stuffed the tamales with wild pig meat. It is amazingly delicious. ; U;

Fun fact!: I didn't know hunting was taboo until Gaia released that hunting item and some folks freaked out. I always thought it was super normal. Everyone where I live hunts/has relatives who hunt. LOL  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:57 pm
___● I'm at uni, so I have nowhere to grow food. My parents have a vegetable patch at home where they grow a lot of stuff. My mum got the idea from my grandfather, whose ENTIRE garden is a vegetable patch.
Tonight I ate a cheap pasta sachet meal... I am really livin' it up. sweatdrop

acn period

Beloved Noob

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm
I Found A Sexy 1

Hunting is taboo? o.o I didn't know this.

I don't hunt myself but I have several family members that do. >o>  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 pm
Yeata Zi
I made fried pickles today. I used milk instead of egg to make the batter stick. It was pretty nummy.

I have only ever heard of fried pickle twice in my life. The first time was on The jersey Shore ;.;  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:05 pm
Yeata Zi

Piccolos!
They are surprisingly delicious emotion_drool

I wish I could grow my own garden, but I fail at plants.
Last night I ate a mushroom and pineapple pizza with no cheese.
It needs work

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:06 pm
acn period
___● I'm at uni, so I have nowhere to grow food. My parents have a vegetable patch at home where they grow a lot of stuff. My mum got the idea from my grandfather, whose ENTIRE garden is a vegetable patch.

My granddad used to have a garden like that. Right about now if he was still alive we'd be munching on fresh sweet corn drenched in butter and sprinkled with salt.

My attempts at growing corn doesn't fair well.  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm
I just had freshly picked red currants, chopped banana and gome made greek yogurt for breakfast.
so good.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm
AliceLoathesWonderland
acn period

My granddad used to have a garden like that. Right about now if he was still alive we'd be munching on fresh sweet corn drenched in butter and sprinkled with salt.

My attempts at growing corn doesn't fair well.

___● He's into runner beans. He built a greenhouse and tons of trellis and a huge water-catcher (he is insanely resourceful) and just grows giant runner beans. And tomato, raspberry, strawberry, carrot, potato patches litter the rest of the garden.  

acn period

Beloved Noob

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm
Meromictic
I Found A Sexy 1

Eh, it depends on where you live. A lot of my suburban/urban classmates have never even seen a gun, whereas my Ozarkian relatives always post their dead deer pics on Facebook. My Southern grandpa used to go after squirrels and blackbirds, but that might be more of a Depression thing than a southern thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:11 pm
Uncle Haijin
I wish I could grow my own food, but I just don't have the land where I live. I do try to grow some varieties of basil, chives, and cilantro in the summer, but never never much. I'd love to plant a cherry tree if I ever have a yard of my own.

My break starts Wednesday, so I'm planning on actually cooking this week. I've been putting together the stuff for bibimbap. I want to try to make this sometime, but I think the foam might gross out everyone else in the house.

We have two cherry trees.. but the birds usually beat us to them ;.;
I think we're going to put bird netting on them so we can have some for christmas dayy  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:11 pm
Meromictic
I Found A Sexy 1

Yeah, same here!

For some reason a lot of people online seem completely convinced hunting is TERRIBLE in any circumstance, even if you eat all the meat. XD
I guess they think all hunters just run around shooting random animals like in Bambi? XD It's kind of funny because it's the exact opposite of that. For my family at least. gonk  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff