Getting fit for the summer (: Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am

Soooo... there must be SOMEONE here who likes working out, right?

I am a lazy butt but since I will be advertising League of Legends at Europe's biggest video game convention next year, I want to look smashing! emotion_donotwant
Especially since they will pay me, I don't want to look half assed.
(I am so excited! heart )

So, I want to work on my thighs, stomach and arms.

I started doing about 40-60 sit ups every day but my spine is not perfectly straight, so I have some problems with them.

What are good ways to define your thighs and stomach with exercises you can do at home? There's no gym near me until April and I live in an area that is SO ******** hilly, that riding my bike or running is torture. emotion_donotwant
So I will only be able to do THAT after April next year, really.

I also don't really have to lose weight. I am less than 140 lbs at about 5'7'' or 5'8'' (not entirely sure). So if I lose 10 lbs, I'd be happy with my weight already, that shouldn't be the hardest part.

Advise? °A°

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:44 am
___● I'm probably the laziest human being in existence, so I'm the worst advisor, but my friend has a stomach that's as flat as a board. She just does the plank three times a day for 30 seconds. It doesn't sound like much, but it works wonders on your abs!  

acn period

Beloved Noob

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:56 am

Three times a day for 30 seconds?
Sounds like something I can easily do after work. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 am
I'm twelve different kinds of lazy. :/  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:23 am
there's some fancy french name for this exercise, but I can't remember it so I just call them pirouettes (though they're not). It's basically a squat for your inner thighs - you stand with your feet spread apart, toes pointed out, and dip down till your knees are at a 90 degree angle. It's a high rep exercise, I would suggest 3 sets of 15 or so.

I have problems with my back too, so when I do ab exercises, I usually stand up and lean my upper body side to side with my arms kinda crossed over my head. after awhile you should feel it a bit in your abs.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:36 am
I use to play football until i damaged my knee beyond horrible. I still do some of the work outs they taught us, i run 3-5 miles every other day and rest the others. Idk i like to stay healthy since my family has a history of fat a** diabetes people i refuse to be one of them emotion_donotwant  

I Poetic Justice I

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

ghgvjj

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 am
THANKS FOR MAKING THE REST OF US FEEL FAT AND UNHEALTHY YOU GUYS.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:24 pm
It's really starting to bug me that I can't tip posts.
ARLGEL.

I say DANCE.
EVERYWHERE.

Haha, I really don't know but when I took a dance class a couple years ago I started to look good guh
Then the semester ended D:

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Look up the Flutter kick.
- its where you lay on your back and kick your legs up in the air in the straight line, don't touch the ground! 6 inches of the ground!
This works out your upper thigh.

Also check out the Fire Hydrant.
.... ever seen a dog take a piss? Yeah this is what it looks like.
Go on all fours and lift on of your legs up 90 degrees. Lower. Then lift. Lower. Then lift.
This will work out your outer thigh. And to work your buns try this version

I love doing these since I live in a apartment and don't want to disturb my neighbors with jumping exercises. These are very low impact, and while funny looking at first these are great workouts.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:05 pm
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Look up the Flutter kick.
- its where you lay on your back and kick your legs up in the air in the straight line, don't touch the ground! 6 inches of the ground!
This works out your upper thigh.

Also check out the Fire Hydrant.
.... ever seen a dog take a piss? Yeah this is what it looks like.
Go on all fours and lift on of your legs up 90 degrees. Lower. Then lift. Lower. Then lift.
This will work out your outer thigh. And to work your buns try this version

I love doing these since I live in a apartment and don't want to disturb my neighbors with jumping exercises. These are very low impact, and while funny looking at first these are great workouts.

Oooh, those look pretty simple. I think I'll start doing those daily. I could use some toning. smile  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 pm
Ven Loraine

I am a lazy butt but since I will be advertising League of Legends at Europe's biggest video game convention next year, I want to look smashing! emotion_donotwant

Advise? °A°

Completely off-topic, but HOW?????????????????????????
Are you a secret pro player? (or are you doing a cosplay advertisement, if so...WHOOOOO?)

Back on topic:
I never really found enjoyment in doing random exercises like situps. I just like to run around a lot, play soccer, and do martial arts.

Running is a really fun exercise, at least for me. I did a bit of running at college and I eliminated some of the fat from the Freshman 15 (or 25 in my case).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 am
Eudaemon
Ven Loraine

Advise? °A°

Completely off-topic, but HOW?????????????????????????
Are you a secret pro player? (or are you doing a cosplay advertisement, if so...WHOOOOO?)

Naaaah, I am not a pro-player at all.

Last year I did Pharao Nidalee (I have a photo in my profile) but the costume was only half finished so we only did it for fun.

This year they want to organize a huge booth, building a Summoner's Rift and having show fights, etc. They have a group of cosplayers who will be getting their travel, hotel and entry costs (plus some nice bonuses, I got some legendary skins for free this year, for example) back if they want to take photos with the players, hand out flyers, etc.

So we won't really EARN anything but it is still awesome to get there for free while doing a cosplay for a game you love.

This year I will be doing a finished Nidalee, a Boneclaw Shyvana and MAYBE a Soraka. Maybe something else, depending on what characters are still missing after the other cosplayers decided what to do.

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 am
Read All Over
there's some fancy french name for this exercise, but I can't remember it so I just call them pirouettes (though they're not). It's basically a squat for your inner thighs - you stand with your feet spread apart, toes pointed out, and dip down till your knees are at a 90 degree angle. It's a high rep exercise, I would suggest 3 sets of 15 or so.

I have problems with my back too, so when I do ab exercises, I usually stand up and lean my upper body side to side with my arms kinda crossed over my head. after awhile you should feel it a bit in your abs.

That's actually an exercise I used to do! I'll include that into my schedule again. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:50 am
I Poetic Justice I
I use to play football until i damaged my knee beyond horrible. I still do some of the work outs they taught us, i run 3-5 miles every other day and rest the others. Idk i like to stay healthy since my family has a history of fat a** diabetes people i refuse to be one of them emotion_donotwant

5 miles. x_x I would die... I am really bad at running, I need some SERIOUS exercise for that.

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 am
Menlusa
It's really starting to bug me that I can't tip posts.
ARLGEL.

I say DANCE.
EVERYWHERE.

Haha, I really don't know but when I took a dance class a couple years ago I started to look good guh
Then the semester ended D:

I hate dancing emotion_donotwant
I only dance when I am either alone in my room and happy or drunk and happy. So no. Nooooooooooo.

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff