Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
COMIC BOOOOOOKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!11!!!1!!!1! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 am
Hey y'all guys.

I can only assume some of us love dem comic books or graphic novels (as the pompous call these funny books nowadays).

SO tell me, Gangstas... WHat comic books do you like? Can we discuss some of these?

Oh please, oh please?

Zi loves her comic books.

I've been reading Fables, recently, and hot damn do I want to find out what happens next. I've read through volume 3 of the tpbs, and I just found out a huge a** clifff hanger and I want to read moooooaaaaaar but I haz no moneys.

As far as my favorite series go:

Preacher is my all time number one favorite comic ever. If you haven't read it, and don't mind blasphemy, I strongly suggest reading it.
I also really, really like Transmetropolitan. This is another series I really suggest reading. Probably

For DC, Kingdom come is excellent, and pretty much an essential in my book. I also really like the Killing Joke--but I love me some batman... so... uhhhh.. really anything. I've recently discovered that I adore me some Power Girl--and Batwoman detective is also very good--with a beautiful comic layout.

In Marvel, I am really a fan of the X-Men. Old Man Logan is soooooo goood. I particularly like the Astonishing X-Men series. I like the Ultimates a lot too--It's a pretty good revamp of the old Avengers. I like Dead Pool and Task Master a lot.

Sooooo! What do you like? Any suggestions?

I guess we can count web comics too XD

Aaaand manga... of which Hellsing is mah favorite  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:08 am
Only comic book I keep up with is.

The Walking Dead

I wanna read some more series, but I dont know of many.

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:08 am
If you like Fables then you will love Sandman.

Fables is pretty good too but hot damn. Sandman.

I enjoy me the Frank Miller And the Alan Moore in general.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:13 am
[[I plan to read Fables since my librarian recommended it to me, but for now the only one's ive read are Walking Dead and JTHM. Loved both.
I was given a bunch of House of Mystery mini-comics that i have yet to read.
]]

Vyudali

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 am
[color=emo]
If you like Fables then you will love Sandman.

Fables is pretty good too but hot damn. Sandman.

I enjoy me the Frank Miller And the Alan Moore in general.
Oh, I've read Sandman.

It's a good series. Hot damn.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 am
Vitalli
Only comic book I keep up with is.

The Walking Dead

I wanna read some more series, but I dont know of many.
I've been wanting to read the Walking Dead for a while, but I've never really gotten a chance.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

meep12345

Sexy Bear

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:17 am
Umm.... cat_rolleyes

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ja, Elfquest, the Boondocks, and C&H are pretty good too... cat_rolleyes
As for graphic novels... Too many to list... cat_stare  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:17 am
tWD is such a great series.
I made ze boyfran read it, and he loves it. zipped through all 91 comics in a few days.
I love the show as well, and I've read the book.
I'm a big fan of the series as a whole.

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 am
The Dark Illuminati
[[I plan to read Fables since my librarian recommended it to me, but for now the only one's ive read are Walking Dead and JTHM. Loved both.
]]

My issue with jthm and Squee and I feel sick--is that Jhonen Vasquez is such a douche bag.

I mean, seriously. He makes fun of his reader base in his own comics--which I think is really cruel, considering JTHM is aimed towards lonely goth kids. I don't know. I like JTHM and Squee--especially his art style--but he's just such an a** hole.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:19 am
I always call them graphic novels (instead of manga when that's the subject) cuz I hate getting corrected by the super nerds - "It's not MAINga, it's MAAAAAHNga." fool I'm talking American here emotion_donotwant

I've never been into American comics as much because I have this obsessive need to start at the beginning, and for obvious reasons I can't just walk into a comic store and say "I'll take Spiderman number one, please." They will shoot me in the kneecaps and leave me to die on the streetside.

I really like to read synopses of American style stuff though, like older X-men and Spiderman. It makes me sound like a super trivia nerd though, especially when I watch the movies. I feel the need to tell everyone around me that it was actually like this and that, and that dude was never really like that.  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 am
meep12345
Umm.... cat_rolleyes

Ja, Elfquest, the Boondocks, and C&H are pretty good too... cat_rolleyes
As for graphic novels... Too many to list... cat_stare

SO you love the spider man eh? cat_stare  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 am
I've really just been getting back into comics lately...With the dc reboot. I love the new take Action comics is doing with Superman.

And I love me some GL.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Vyudali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:24 am
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
]]

My issue with jthm and Squee and I feel sick--is that Jhonen Vasquez is such a douche bag.

I mean, seriously. He makes fun of his reader base in his own comics--which I think is really cruel, considering JTHM is aimed towards lonely goth kids. I don't know. I like JTHM and Squee--especially his art style--but he's just such an a** hole.
[[I think that's the satirical feel that really makes me enjoy it. Not all readers really notice, and it's funny because they think he supports their cutesy skeleton kitten life styles when in fact this new wave of goth/emo/punk teenagers who are probably seventy five percent of his fans is what he does not like.
I don't think he's that much of a douche bad though. I have never met him, but i've seen a lot of interviews and he seems like a funny guy.
]]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:24 am
Read All Over
I always call them graphic novels (instead of manga when that's the subject) cuz I hate getting corrected by the super nerds - "It's not MAINga, it's MAAAAAHNga." fool I'm talking American here emotion_donotwant

I've never been into American comics as much because I have this obsessive need to start at the beginning, and for obvious reasons I can't just walk into a comic store and say "I'll take Spiderman number one, please." They will shoot me in the kneecaps and leave me to die on the streetside.

I really like to read synopses of American style stuff though, like older X-men and Spiderman. It makes me sound like a super trivia nerd though, especially when I watch the movies. I feel the need to tell everyone around me that it was actually like this and that, and that dude was never really like that.

I've taken a s**t ton of Japanese in school--and I still butcher the word manga. I swear to god. When people correct me, I'm always like, "Look, d**k. I've taken three years worth of Japanese. That's six semesters. Please stfu. talk2hand "

When I moved into my Fiance's house, I brought all my manga and have pretty much set it up in just one gigantic book shelf. I have so much. I was mildly embarrassed about it. But back where I grew up, you couldn't get American comic books at the book store, really. So I bought a bunch of manga.

So what's your favorite Manga series? I like hellsing.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:26 am
The Dark Illuminati
Yeata Zi
The Dark Illuminati
]]

[[I think that's the satirical feel that really makes me enjoy it. Not all readers really notice, and it's funny because they think he supports their cutesy skeleton kitten life styles when in fact this new wave of goth/emo/punk teenagers who are probably seventy five percent of his fans is what he does not like.
I don't think he's that much of a douche bad though. I have never met him, but i've seen a lot of interviews and he seems like a funny guy.
]]

-shrug-

I think you can be funny and still be a jerk.

In fact, often those things go together.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff