Reply les/bi paradise
Why do people cyber? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SVMV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:50 pm
So, I can I have an accurate estamate. 70% of people that friend request me and are on my friends list are just looking for a cybering buddie.
WTF?!?!
I'm not on here to cyber!
I'm on here to meet people. Not to cyber.
Anyone agree?
What are your thoughts torwards people that only want to cyber?
Disagree?
Agree?
What do you agree/disagree?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:53 pm
Lol I agree.
People on Gaia are getting obsessively desperate..
If you have anything about sexuality in your name then you're the target of
lonely Gaians. xD

Obey Tori
Vice Captain

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:17 pm
I totally agree with you Gaia and other social websites are for making friends and chatting not for cybering and isn't it against the rules anyways?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:30 pm
Well now "Kinky DeviI" with all do respect my sexuality is being stated in my user name. Yet I don't cyber.
I do agree with you though. If you see a person on my friends list with their sexuality in their username, don't hesitate to think they haven't asked me to to cyber with them, or rudely ask me if I'd like to f**k them.
WTF?  

SVMV

SVMV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:34 pm
Yeah exactly what I think "hanyou_alchemist"
I mean there is clearly more to Gaia then just cybering!
Yeah it is in "The rules", but do you really think they are all being followed?
Not to mention the noobs. -__-
Way I point out the "cuberererers" xD
They most of the time are dressed like noobs. Anybody agree?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 pm
as we all know cybering is "against gaia rules" and all the people that do it are either new to gaia or just plain stupid.....just wait til the admin starts rolling through towns..then we'll see whose the noobs  

SM_is_awesome_101

iiDarby
Captain

Married Pawn

9,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:46 pm
I agree with all of you. I come to gaia to make friends not to find a pixel bf or gf or to have a pixel fling. Not to mention half the people that cyber on here are children! Sixteen and under. That's pretty sad to see them going through towns asking for a hook up. (Which is one of the reasons I rarely go to towns anymore) Gaia is to make friends not a dating website.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:57 pm
Okay its nice to know we all think the same, but if your like me and add anyone that sends you a friend request, I mostly get cyber-bashed in a "PM" or on "IM"
How do you, or would you respond to someone asking you to cyber, or "have sex" with them?  

SVMV

Obey Tori
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm
That_Lez_Svmv
Well now "Kinky DeviI" with all do respect my sexuality is being stated in my user name. Yet I don't cyber.
I do agree with you though. If you see a person on my friends list with their sexuality in their username, don't hesitate to think they haven't asked me to to cyber with them, or rudely ask me if I'd like to f**k them.
WTF?
I'm not saying posting your sexuality in your username is a bad thing. o:

But I do completely understand what you feel, I've gotten weird messages too.. But you probably figures that out already because of my user.. xD

It was just something my friend suggested and now there are creepers out on here..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm
Kinky DeviI
That_Lez_Svmv
WTF?
I'm not saying posting your sexuality in your username is a bad thing. o:

But I do completely understand what you feel, I've gotten weird messages too.. But you probably figures that out already because of my user.. xD

It was just something my friend suggested and now there are creepers out on here..

Well you should have seen it coming. I know I did. Yeah your username might say something, but really doesn't mean anything. Though I am a lesbian, but not a weird cyber craving freak.
Stranger danger Is more like it, only difference is that they are even more strangers. A person could say that they are a girl, but the chester the childmolester is on the other side of the other screen.  

SVMV

a-little-piggy

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:43 pm
I didn't have a weird name or anything but I've had that happen to me before.

D:  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 am
I'm glad I grew up. I may be a little more lenient on the topic than some of you are, but of course, when I was 12-16, I did it too. I know what you're all thinking: "Ohh! Bad! Shun the former cyber whore!" But really, it's what some people do to express themselves, even if it's not the most healthy of ways. It doesn't matter what kind of name you have, it's usually what your avatar is dressed as, if your avatar has some boob or little to nothing on, people are gonna think that you're only on here for cybering.
I've gotten lots of invites for cybering and pixel companions over the years, but the thing is, I have someone now, I grew up, but I know what some kids are going through. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing either. Most people aren't confident enough to go out and ask someone out, so they use cybering as a way to channel that romantic/sexual frustration.
Keep in mind that "the children" are very sensitive, don't bash their ways until you've practiced them yourself, and even then, try to understand them before making accusations.

Emmi Heldt

Quotable Bloodsucker

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

a-little-piggy

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 pm
I don't think cybering is bad or anything (to an extent) but for the op it sounds like the people are incessant and rude about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm
Rebellous SaDiablo
I'm glad I grew up. I may be a little more lenient on the topic than some of you are, but of course, when I was 12-16, I did it too. I know what you're all thinking: "Ohh! Bad! Shun the former cyber whore!" But really, it's what some people do to express themselves, even if it's not the most healthy of ways. It doesn't matter what kind of name you have, it's usually what your avatar is dressed as, if your avatar has some boob or little to nothing on, people are gonna think that you're only on here for cybering.
I've gotten lots of invites for cybering and pixel companions over the years, but the thing is, I have someone now, I grew up, but I know what some kids are going through. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing either. Most people aren't confident enough to go out and ask someone out, so they use cybering as a way to channel that romantic/sexual frustration.
Keep in mind that "the children" are very sensitive, don't bash their ways until you've practiced them yourself, and even then, try to understand them before making accusations.

I didn't mean the whole cybering thing in a bad way. There is a diffrence between the person showing proof of who they are, and not showing who they are. See what I mean? Yeah I know its a way of expressing yourself. I think I need to make myself more clear.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.  

SVMV

SVMV

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 pm
a-little-piggy
I don't think cybering is bad or anything (to an extent) but for the op it sounds like the people are incessant and rude about it.

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself right.
I'm not saying its wrong, I'm not saying its right, but I do believe its something...Well lets just put out an example. There is a diffrence between a person that is asking to cyber with you that you know, one that shows proof of who they are. and one that doesn't show any/enough proof.
See what I mean?  
les/bi paradise

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces