Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dinosaurr Rawrr

4,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:58 am
My name is Kayla and im a 16 year old girl who really needs help. I recently accepted the fact that I like girls just as much as I like guys but I dont know how to tell my mom. My dad has never been around in my life so lucky for me I only have to worry about telling one of my parents. Now we're really close and I used to be able to tell her anything and everything but now......Idk because I also find it hard to tell people in person that im a bisexual. Its like the words dont want to form right in my mouth. I sort of like this girl at my school and I know she likes me back and we have fun hanging out together and we work together. Shes more experienced than I am in this whole field so I dont know whether or not to truely persue her. I dont feel like its fair to her that I want to stay in the closet until after high school or at least until I can tell my mom because she also likes someone else who might be better for her than I am. We live in a somewhat small town so my mom has a lot of connections to the school which is why I cant come out right now. I just need advice.......  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm
Ok i know how you feel. I hard to come out to the people that you think you can tell everything to until you find out theres stuff that you cant quite tell cause of there reactions. If your mother is ok with people that are bi or gay maybe it wont be so hard for her to except you for who you are, but you need to find that out first if she is ok with gay or bi people. If so then just tell her, if not the worst that could happen is hat she will be upset with you but can never hate you. Shes your mom so i think she'll be cool with it. biggrin  

maiya666

weapon-of-love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm
well with me my mom kinda always new it but i had to tell her hubby. and at first i kinda made it a joke to the both of them to see how they would react and then ijust kinda would ask them and tell them slowly. my mom dont care what i am but he calls me a abomination so just be careful  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:20 pm
I would take it slow and well I guess you could wait till your older  

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

II iMira II

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:26 pm
I told my dad i was gay when i was 14.... I knew by the age of 12 though so there was no way they could ever say "It's just a phase" but i'd wait untill your older it might be the wisest option  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm
I told my mom I was gay and she looked at me and said "You're not gay". confused

That was the last time I mentioned liking girls. I hope you have better luck than me.  

a-little-piggy

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lonelyghostseance

Lupine Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm
Wait! I warn you! Sometimes telling them can be the worst mistake of your life and you'll regret it every waking hour of your life! It's best just to hang out with them and be girlfriends behind your parents back. My girlfriend and I had a similar (in some ways) situation. After she told her mother things went straight to hell! Her mother won't let her sleep over any more and it's way harder to hang out. There's some things parents should know and some things they just should not! I would say your best bet is telling when you get to college, so your out of dodge. We're in High School when she told and trust me you'll be counting down the days till your 18 or in college.
I hope this may have helped you in some way! Good luck!!! xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 pm
I'd try to give her "signs" about your sexuality. Like saying "she's really pretty." or "I love that girl." or sumthin.

I'm gonna try that when coming out to my mom.

...I'm such a wimp...  

User 32533777

Dinosaurr Rawrr

4,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am
Thanks for all of your advice it meant a lot. Unfortunately after I had my girlfriend spend the weekend with me, an amazing weekend I might add 3nodding , my mom stumbled upon my Tumblr which is where I post almost anything and everything with almost no censors. After I took my girlfriend home she sat me down and started to bawl her eyes out saying she raised me better than that and she was disgusted with me. After a few days of her threatening to move me away and put me in counselling she calmed down. we sat down and had a heart to heart where she said loved me and she was just shocked. My girlfriend isn't allowed over anymore and it's hard to spend time with her but we're working through it. I guess i'm still working on my "It gets better" video, but hopefully it will all work out in the end....  
les/bi paradise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games