Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
blah (UC)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:03 pm
Now, this picture (below) is of me four days after I came out of hospital (more on that later) so no it isn't a very flattering picture and I was REALLY not wanting to have it taken as I LOATHE anything to do with me being on camera or in videos so I tend to stay well away from them (and I would NEVER show them online/ to others either if they are taken so this is massive to me) as much as possible BUT my mother, since I am losing weight, wanted a before shot so she (and others) knew what I looked like when I first started out and so, without further adue I give you guys me in all my (disgusting) glory:

User Image

Now, the above picture was taken on the 10/4/2011 (DD/MM/YYY) and as I said, I was REALLY not wanting the photo taken and so hence the disgusting look on my face (I also had just woken up from a nap so, once again, not exactly in the mood to have myself photographed) but that picture also showed me not at my heaviest, I had started to lose weight in hospital so, in a way, ending up in hospital was a blessing in disguise.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:35 pm
We are renovating out house at the moment and a water cylinder started to leak so everything had to come out including the linoleum that was on the floor which left uneven wooden floor boards (house was built in the 1950's) with nails and staples in it which I ended up tripping over and ignoring, thinking it was just nothing to worry about and the graze I got was easily fixed (so I thought) with a bit of antiseptic wipe to get out all the germs etc it would be alright, boy was I wrong!? I left it, had Christmas and thought the bruise and graze I got will go in time and it did HOWEVER what I thought was just a bruised bone or muscle became much worse. So I went to the doctors in late January as my leg was still playing up and she said to go home and elevate it and I would be fine in a few days/a week (given how big my legs are she didn't even think I could do with a scan, just that 'it should be better soon' and sent me on my way but doctor negligence is another part of the story and this was one of two times it happened over the same case) or so tops and so I did that but then I ended up getting a sore red leg and that ended up being Cellulitis which sent me down to the hospital and after six hours of waiting (it was the after hours in Emergency and that meant waiting forever and a day because it was the weekend as well) I was finally seen and they gave me medication for Cellulitis but in five days time I went back, leg was now getting tighter as the medication wasn't working and I just ended back up in hospital then for two weeks.

Now, whilst I was in Hospital they did scans etc and the first Ultrasound I got done they showed me this huge Haematoma in my leg, a Haematoma that was was the biggest one they had ever seen (on the screen it was basically the size of a softball, of course in my leg and from a doctors point of view it was, amazingly enough, actually bigger then that) and so, as I wrote above, I was in hospital because of that and stuck on oral meds (same meds that didn't work when I was at home) but then I had this little blister thing that seemed to come to ahead as the days went on and in the end that lead to me having an abscess next to the Haematoma that had to be drained and whilst I was ONLY meant to be on it for 3 days max as it can also cause infection and I am trying to fight one so it was a risk but they were willing to take it so I was actually on it for five because of how much fluid was coming out of it.

So after that came out (and during 90% of my stay I was on I.V antibiotics because it actually helped fight the infection in my leg and all) I was finally able to go home BUT not without a PICC Line in my arm for another two weeks (hence the 'fanny pack' I am holding in the photo) which had the meds in it that I had to get changed daily by a district nurse but I am now better (Haematoma still there but it is slowly getting eaten up by my body) and now it is just getting rid of the weight so I don't end up back in there as the doctor said that had I left it longer I would of probably died it was just that bad.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items