meh
View Results

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:47 pm
rofl WELCOME TO THE GREEN JOY rofl

User Image
User Image
User Image

So i Started this Forum to help come up with some ideas for my army's paint scheme, unfortunately my army met a tragic end by the hand of a baby. crying so i decided to open this forum up to all and any who have questions and feel like lending a hand to one and other.

-All army's welcome

-creativity is encouraged

-Pic's allowed for reference or finished product

-Conversions allowed

-no trolls, foul language, or abuse of any kind is tolerated for any circumstance

=+=What im up 2=+=

Update- bought 1 Ork battleforce, grots, mega-deff dread, warboss on warbike.

Update- Assembled everything, Painted Warboss and a squad of boys. Pic's soon

Update- Bought an Ork Bommer, Now Just Waiting for it to come threw the mail. gonk
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 am
Any colours in particular you like? What is currently established about your Kabal? Anything of interest in their background that could help pick out a set of colours?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:16 am
No pics, but a friend did his old DE army with black/purple armor and green/yellow highlighting around the edges. With well implemented blood splatter and some good use of side color on leaders/characters (electric blue, other starkly contrasting shades), it had a really good, really stark appearance.

For other reference, I'd look to the Dark Elves from Fantasy. Just browse through their models on the GW website, there's plenty of cool schemes there.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 am
Lady Blodwynn: I just Ordered 2 Battleforce boxes, to base my army, im just trying to deside a scheme ahead of time. i would like the Base to be Black with either a blue or purple highlights but they arnt as easy to paint as Tyrinid's where u can just slap paint on them and they look good.

Caleidah: to me that sounds alot like the one on the GW site, im looking for somthing more eye opening. but the blood splatter idea is somthing to think about.  

II Deagle II

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 am
So i think i have resolved my delema, iv desided to go with a Black,white theme with blue/Purple accent. And to add some Extra charecture i might try some free hand tribal patterns on the vehicals, just to add some extra somthing, but we will have to see, i think it will look awsome. man all i need now is a pro painter to paint me a Eldar harlequin troupe master
Cause those LOOK SO HARD 2 PAINT!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm
I wish it didnt take so long for my Orders to get here, im very impatient, i got my desk cleaned and Orginized ready for me to paint, i even painted some Tyranids just for shits and giggles cause i had them sitting there base coated for 2 long and wanted to paint somthing lol.  

II Deagle II

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 pm
Well, I have seen a combination of Necron Abyss and Pink before. It actually looked pretty good, especially since they washed the Necron over Chaos Black for a Purple reflective look. I like the bluish look, though!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:55 pm
If you have the Dawn of War game with he DE in it (Soulstorm I believe it was called?) try using the army painter in their to mix and match ideas. I've used it as a quick reference on multiple occasions.  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 pm
So, did your orders come in yet? Test-paint any minis?  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:48 pm
sorry dont log much, no my dark Eldar kinda met a crule fate when i was away on vacation. got in the hands of a 4 year old tghat desided to deconstruct my almost fully assembled raider and soilders. so now i have switch to making a Ork Speed freak with warboss on warbike. have a trukk bikes and the boss assembled so far and am in the process of painting my boss. ill add pics of the finished project later...poor poor dark eldar...never seen her commin.

Lucky for me i do not have to deal with those kids wrecking my stuff anymore. living on ur own is great haha  

II Deagle II

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 pm
Oh...

wow...

...that blows...

So were you able to salvage any of your $200 purchase?

Well anyways, I've been thinking about this as well, since I'm starting my own technological Kabal. I'd like to have Electric Blue as a highlight and Somber Gray as a secondary, but what should be my primary? Some shade of purple, red? a metallic?

Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:06 pm
If you're going for the tech look, the 40k standard is the Mechrite red. I think that, overall, that would give them a really subdued look. Metallic red would look flash as hell, though your issue would be getting it on a full army evenly and keeping it clean. Do it right and it would look boss. I think then that using the purple on leaders/characters would be cool. Give the squad leaders a single piece of their armor in the purple (arms or shoulders are the traditional) and then have your Kabal master in the purple with the red as secondary and then blue highlights.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Asmusei

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:42 am
Doing purple is very typical of Dark Eldar, but I think mat-black with pale yellow trim would be cool, something a bit like your avatar.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 pm
Metallic red...

...would that just be (Vallejo) gory red mixed with silver?

Now I have to do that as the main color!  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 pm
Alternately, find a candy-apple red that would be used with automotive models. Issue there is that most of those are going to be non-acrylic, making them a bit more testy in the painting stage. They'd be prime for airbrushing, though.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff