Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Convivial Carnival

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:28 pm
I desperately hate this .
During the day it's all happy and nice .
It's the night a dread when everything goes downhill and my parents start fighting . Practically infront of me and I feel like my heart is breaking . Are you serious bro?
How am i to cope with this. It's serious and just turning up my music makes me feel worse . I'm not the type that just bursts into tears and sits in a corner.
I keep tough but I feel like my hard shell is melting away and all these problems start to flood in .
I don't come to friends or strangers even complaining about my life because I find it hard . Since I know some have it worse then me and all that .
But how do I cope with this problem? Please suggestions .
I'm practically going to go up to them and screamed would you two grow up and solve this together . It just hurts me to see them like this .  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:01 pm
My mom and sister are just like this.
In the morning, everything is perfect.
They smile and laugh like a normal family.
But, as soon as it's time to head to bed, that is when the yelling starts.

I can hardly deal with it myself.
I have considered running away from home,
and hurting myself. But I know that I'm too afraid.

I understand that you don't want to talk to friends about this.

Although I don't do it, I've heard that it is good to talk to a counselor.
But, you should tell your parents how you feel.
It might help.

gas powered stick

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 am
I have been through this and had to deal with it since a young child. I know exactly how you feel.
I never knew that to do when they fought. The screaming, profanities, sobbing, objects occasionally thrown, lost sleep. It's all... Terrible. There were times that I literally did scream to them "Will you just grow the ******** up?!" Which helped for a few moments before they used the fact that their youngest, quiet child just screamed at the both of them in their argument.
It's... Hard. Really hard to deal with your family fighting like that. My main things that kept me going were my best friends, my brothers, and my games. I don't know if this was the best coping method, but I ended sinking to games a lot during this time. It was the one thing that I could do and feel like I was sinking into another world. And when playing things like MMOs, I didn't feel as lonely as I did by myself.

I can't say that there's a magic fix... Unfortunately they'll have to work things themselves. But my advice is to seek comfort in your friends. I know it's hard, thinking of burdening them with your own problems, but you have to have one friend you can go to and would understand -- and would be upset if they found you've been dealing with such emotional stress all on your own to the point that it hurts.

And I'm also sure that there are girls here who would be more than willing to lend an ear or a word or two of support if you ever feel that you need it. Myself included.

Just try to stay strong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

My parents are the same way. I try leaving the room, but I can still hear it. Sometimes I yell at them for arguing in front of me. They need marriage counseling or something along those lines.
I actually WOULD go and tell them how much it hurts you having them argue, especially in front of you.

Mistress of The Fae

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items