Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply User Made Contests
Create-me-a-character Contest!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LoperDoper

Questionable Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 am
CREATE ME A CHARACTER

Basically, what I want you to do is invent a character. They could be human, or a half-werewolf, half-troll. They could be buried in folklore, or a species discovered last week.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
- A short piece of writing about your character. Needs to be at least 500 words, but has no maximum limit.
- A minor description of your character. Now, you can do this however you want, ID card, diary entry, any which way. As long as I get a good overview of the character's appearance, personality, etc.

PRIZE
5k to the winner. If I get any *amazing donations* I might raise the prize winnings.

COMPETITION WILL CLOSE WHEN I GET 20 ENTRIES OR NOVEMBER 31st, WHICHEVER IS SOONER

ENTRIES CAN BE EITHER PM'd OR POSTED HERE.

ENTRIES TO DATE: 0  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm
I'm sort of confused. Are you going to use the character (i.e. steal our work,) or are you just trying to see what we come up with?  

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 pm
Hazy Mornings
I'm sort of confused. Are you going to use the character (i.e. steal our work,) or are you just trying to see what we come up with?

Hazy Mornings does have a point. If you do use the character(s) we come up with, credit would probably be good.

However, Hazy Mornings, if he gives the winner 5K for the use of the character.. that wouldn't really be stealing since he 'bought' the character with Gaia gold. Guess we'll just have to wait until he replies.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 am
Sagittariis Munashii
Hazy Mornings

Hazy Mornings does have a point. If you do use the character(s) we come up with, credit would probably be good.

However, Hazy Mornings, if he gives the winner 5K for the use of the character.. that wouldn't really be stealing since he 'bought' the character with Gaia gold. Guess we'll just have to wait until he replies.
If he's buying a character for Gaia gold, then that's sort of saying that he's getting credit for nothing. I don't know, it seems strange to me.  

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:39 am
Hazy Mornings
Sagittariis Munashii
Hazy Mornings

If he's buying a character for Gaia gold, then that's sort of saying that he's getting credit for nothing. I don't know, it seems strange to me.

Maybe a better way for this competition to go would be a "tutoring session" for character creation? It never occurred to me before, but Gaia-gold paid tutoring sessions could be interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:26 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Hazy Mornings
Sagittariis Munashii
Hazy Mornings

Maybe a better way for this competition to go would be a "tutoring session" for character creation? It never occurred to me before, but Gaia-gold paid tutoring sessions could be interesting.

That's seems to be a good idea there, Poppi, but what do you mean by tutoring session? Do you mean as in "How to come up with a character" thing? xP  

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

His Majesty Satan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 pm
Sagittariis Munashii
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Hazy Mornings
Sagittariis Munashii
Hazy Mornings

That's seems to be a good idea there, Poppi, but what do you mean by tutoring session? Do you mean as in "How to come up with a character" thing? xP

I think she is referring to a contest where people show off their character creation methodologies. Not sure, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:25 pm
Sagittariis Munashii
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Hazy Mornings
Sagittariis Munashii
Hazy Mornings

Yep, that's what I meant. As in a "How to come up with a character tutorial session sign-up tournament", if that makes any sense at all ;P. The Preliminary Round for tutors.  

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:30 pm
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Sagittariis Munashii
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Hazy Mornings
Sagittariis Munashii
Hazy Mornings

Yep, that's what I meant. As in a "How to come up with a character tutorial session sign-up tournament", if that makes any sense at all ;P. The Preliminary Round for tutors.

You say 'tournament' and then you lose me. XD I get the gist of what you mean.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:31 pm
Sagittariis Munashii
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Sagittariis Munashii
PoppiHollaPuddelz
Hazy Mornings

You say 'tournament' and then you lose me. XD I get the gist of what you mean.

Aight, lol. Let's just stick with your name for it ^^  

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

User Made Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out