For a 10th grade english assingment last year, I had to write an alternate ending for the book I read. This I am not so happy with. Mostley because I rushed at the end because I just wanted to get it done. Wasn't really in the writing mood at this time, especially since it was for a school project.
----------------------------------
I stepped off the bus and smelled the Indian summer air. I felt great coming back to Hackett with my new look. As I was walking heads would turn in my direction. The look on their faces made me feel triumphant. That feeling dies once I see Kaitlin. She starts bad-talking about Lani and I go off on her. I force her to tell me what exactly happened while I was away. She tells me what Macy has done with Lani’s “nightgowns”. I head right over to Macy’s and see them hanging on the clothes line. I pull them down and tell Macy a thing or too. I even slapped her a couple of times to make me feel better.
Instead of going straight home like I planned, I go straight to Lani’s house. He lets me in and takes me to his room. I sit down on his bed, lay his costume next to me, and told him everything that has happened so far. He holds me as I tell him since I started crying. When I calm down I notice his bags on the floor. He sees me noticing them and says something I would never want to here.
“I have to leave Hackett, Claire,” he says.
That’s when I start to think about everything that has happened since Lani came to Hackett. I add those events to the events that happened today and realize that Lani is in big trouble. I call my mom to tell her that we’re in trouble, but she’s too drunk to even listen. I keep screaming at her to get help until I hear footsteps coming this way. I quickly hang up and tell Lani to leave through the window. Just as he makes it through it Tony walks into the room.
“Where is he?” he asks.
“He’s gone now, Tony,” I say, “What’s wrong? You didn’t want him to leave so soon? Did you want to confess your love for him?”
Tony screams and charges at me. He punches me and I fall on to the bed. He continues to hit me until he gets a call.
“What?!” he screamed into the phone, “Oh really? Good. I’ll be there soon, and I’m bringing his little companion,” he says and then hangs up the phone. He looks down at me and smiles devilishly, “Well, well, Claire. Looks like your little escape plan for him didn’t work out so great. My boys got him over by the docks right now. We’re going to go play some chicken with him. Why don’t you come along?”
He drags me over to the docks despite my complaints. When we get there I freeze and stare in terror. Vince, Scott, and Phil had put Lani in a fishing net and were torturing him over the freezing cold ocean water. I could see the look of horror on his face which told me that something was wrong.
“Please don’t!” he pleads with them.
“Why not, Miss. Garver?” Tony asks as me goes towards him still dragging me.
“Because…” he starts to say through sniffs, “I can’t swim.”
“Oh really?” Scott says putting on his devil smile again.
A look of terror begins to form on my face as I watch him pull down the lever and down goes Lani. I scream and kick at him to bring him back up, but he doesn’t listen. He just laughs like a monster. I watch as the white bubbles start to die down.
“Tony! Let the guy up! I don’t want you to kill someone using my dad’s boat!” Scott yells at him.
“Whatever,” Tony says as he puts the lever up.
When the net comes up all of us make a gasp. There was nobody in the net. The net looked like it hasn’t even been touched by a body being tangled in it. It was almost like Lani just washed away, like he was never even there to begin with.