Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wikipedia
Final Fantasy Wiki

Well, here it is, the inevitable Final Fantasy rhythm game, and I can't believe I didn't see it coming: Theatrhythm, for the Nintendo 3DS.

So, the game features Cosmos and Chaos, and confirmed characters include basically all of the Dissidia heroes, or one from each game, anyway. There's also something called "Rizpo," and I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds pretty fun, anyway.

I feel like this is a game that, even if it's awful, is going to be fun to play. It may well be awful, and it may not, but considering that Final Fantasy has some of the best soundtracks of anything I've ever heard, it's definitely worth checking out. And besides, who doesn't love the nostalgia?

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:04 am
I think it's going to be a great game as it gives everyone what they really like about Final Fantasy. The characters and the music. I'm sure many people who say they dislike it don't want to admit to actually liking a Rhythm game, despite the fact that Elite Beat Agents, DDR, Para Para, Guitar Hero and all the PC/Firmware spin offs available are extremely popular.

Square Enix are trying something new as their RPG series has gotten a little stale and repetitive, and to see them use their strengths with the music even more is good.

Even if you're not a fan of the music games, people who are fans of Final Fantasy will probably still pick this up to keep their collections up-to-date. Though I personally am looking forward to this game. smile

YurekaMeriya

Timid Shapeshifter

8,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 pm
Hehe, personally I'm a big fan of DDR. <3

I agree with what you're saying, though. I think yeah, probably a lot of the people who are complaining about it are the "hardcore" gamers who think rhythm games are for people who don't like video games. Or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:03 am
I'm excited! And I want it so bad, but I'm a military kid spending summer at home in Germany and my electronic store refuses to stay current. It came out on Tuesday and by Sunday it's still not there. From what I can tell, this game isn't your ordinary rhythm game since it utilizes the tapping mechanism in three different scenarios, battle, traveling, and events (just like a classic FF game), which by it's nature, blows most of those tapping games out of the water. I agree though that anybody worth their FF stuff is going to buy the game whether it be bad or not just because the music from the series more then makes up for some of its pitfalls. That and of course the nostalgia factor. I seriously can not wait and I'm currently getting back in touch with my immense FF music library to try and stay strong!  

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items