Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Autobump love it or lothe it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you prefer autobump?
  yes
  no
  I love how the guild posts are still set up in the old school gaia way (gold option)
View Results

Pippin Aelaera Nueth

Questionable Conversationalist

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:10 am
I am the first to admit that I am lazy, well I'd probably not get my a** in gear quick enough to be the first to admit it but still.
I love autobump because it allows me to be lazy but also to help get the thread up there so others can grab it. The number of times my tank has had maybe 5 or 6 players just because I am the only person bumping it is too depressing to count. I know that people want players to bump their thread, even when they don't tip because they arent online or cant afford to, or just dont like tipping, they still want people to bump.

Autobump allows players to bump whilst the countdown is ticking, thereby getting more players for the game. I don't care what words people put in my mouth during the autobump. After all we're quoting them anyway, my words don't have to be my own if I'm helping someone else.

My problem is that I love autobump so much, that i dont understand what some people have against it. Would anyone be able to enlighten me?

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just love autobump.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:14 am
ninja  

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ranchi

Tasty Target

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:26 am
I've never been the lazy type, but I do prefer clicking the auto bump when browsing the Bootynator, since it puts in an image to show where the bump came from. I also like to post my score though, and if people only have the auto bump in their signature, I get a little grumpy xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 am
Ranchi
I've never been the lazy type, but I do prefer clicking the auto bump when browsing the Bootynator, since it puts in an image to show where the bump came from. I also like to post my score though, and if people only have the auto bump in their signature, I get a little grumpy xd

thats why i have both options in my signature >_<
the reply link is the same link but with out the auto code 3nodding

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:54 am
:O there are people who don't like the auto bump :O  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:25 am
I like the autobump. I don't like all the consequent captchas, though.

I don't always like the quotes people use for their autobumps (I don't like large or flashy posts), but if I see one I'll generally use it. I like that our guild has them - very convenient.  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 am
Pippin Aelaera Nueth

Since no one has given a response as to why people would dislike them I will try to explain it.

I think and this is purely my own thought, but see Gaia intended for Booty grab to be something of you hunt it down and if you happened to come across a tank glowing you lucked out and were able to grab it and get some gold from it. But then it got out of hand because, so many people were creating ways to cut down the lag and make things so much easier for players of tanks. One example was grouping tanks together into one thread or one post. Now we have all these BG guilds where you can find alot of the specific types of tanks you may or may not want to play.

So in my eye Gaia may or may not know about the autobump. See autobump makes things even easier for a person to bump and yet cutting down on the time you spend on gaia replying to a tank and such and well that's where I could see people being unsure about it. Because remember Gaia has frowned upon threads that have over a certain amount of tanks grouped together on 1 page and then they have added in the Captcha to stop alot of hackers and such. So it just makes me wonder if gaia will do something to stop people from using the AutoBump if the higher ups get word of it or something. Just my thought on the subject.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm
azndreams
You make good points but you do still have to fill out capatchas with the autobump. And it does limit your reply time the same as any other bumping system. And since it is using gaia itself instead of a bot i dont see how they can get too mad.  

Pippin Aelaera Nueth

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 pm
Pippin Aelaera Nueth

Weird because I just used the auto bump 3 times in less than 3 secs and it didn't stop me and in those 3 times I didn't have to enter in a captcha. Although it may only be because I did it 3 times, but still I was surprised at how quickly I was able to do the post without gaia's system stopping it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:53 am
azndreams
Pippin Aelaera Nueth

Weird because I just used the auto bump 3 times in less than 3 secs and it didn't stop me and in those 3 times I didn't have to enter in a captcha. Although it may only be because I did it 3 times, but still I was surprised at how quickly I was able to do the post without gaia's system stopping it.
After 3 times it stops you, and I have only had to fill out a capatcha once with it, which considering how often I use it I am surprised.  

Pippin Aelaera Nueth

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:30 am
I love how whenever I look at any thread in this guild, some posters tanks are glowing. X3

But yes, I love the auto-bump. I don't care what's in their quote, and since it's in a glow thread, it's likely no one but the tank owner for said glow thread is ever going to pay attention to what's in the posts. I don't mind posting normally, though, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the auto-bump.
If there's something I really want to say in my bumping posts, I'll just go to the thread after auto-bumping and post again normally. ">w>

And as for the CAPTCHA, it never stops me after only 3 posts of auto-bumping and/or normal bumping. The only thing that stops me after 3-4 posts is if I'm posting repeatedly within a minute and the "You cannot post so soon" thing comes up. Otherwise, it never stops me until the usual CAPTCHA comes up after a higher number of posts. ^w^"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:58 am
Pippin Aelaera Nueth

Ahh I see then. Still though for me to be able to post 3 times within a minute isn't right because technically your only supposed to be able to post 2 times in a minute. Every 30 secs.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

AutumnHart

Welcoming Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am
I think auto bump rocks the socks of the world emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:34 am
azndreams
Pippin Aelaera Nueth

Ahh I see then. Still though for me to be able to post 3 times within a minute isn't right because technically your only supposed to be able to post 2 times in a minute. Every 30 secs.
I used to bump achievement threads, gaia has a bug where you can bump three thimes in quick sucession and then if you don't post for a minute or just over you can bump 3 times in quick succession again. Obviously BG takes advantage of this, to the point where I used to bump twices in a quest/mega thread then bump once in a bg thread grab the booty and then repete the cycle. During the countdown I'd move back into the aquarium forum to find the next bg. If you wait less than a minute you can only post twice in quick sucession.  

Pippin Aelaera Nueth

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:07 am
Blood Pop
I love how whenever I look at any thread in this guild, some posters tanks are glowing. X3

IKR?? whaahha xDDD
I love it when that happens xDD

oh oh! and I love the autobump too..
It's just too great to be hated D:  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out