Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:44 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

So, my best friend of five years has recently obtained a Facebook. Now, three years ago when we were all thirteen, me and my friends did EVERYTHING on Facebook. We played every game, took every quiz, and continued every chain post. I've been bearing with her since she feels the need to do every tagging photo, post, game, and app. When the new Harry Potter movie came out, a bunch of post tags came out that were the "If you were Harry Potter" scenario. I was tagged in hers, and I didn't mind. But then she started doing EVERY post tagging thing there was. I was tagged in all of them. And I'm fine with being tagged in those, and in her pictures (of which there are many I am tagged in), but a few days ago, I was tagged in a "Say you're at Walmart at 4 AM and drunk off your a**" one. I didn't say anything, I just removed the tag and took the post off my wall. Then, she tagged me in a "You've just woken up in Las Vegas" one, and I removed the tag and sent her a message. I politely asked that she not tag me in thinks like being drunk at Walmart and waking up in Vegas. I told her that even though my privacy settings are to the highest, I'm concerned that colleges I'm interested will look me up and think that I like to drink or gamble. Not exactly what I want to advertise. Well, instead of calmly agreeing that she would no longer tag me in anything like that, she blew up at me. This is what she said:

Quote:
Okay Fine ******** It Whatever. I Wont Include U In Anything I Tag Or Post Ever Again. And Btw The Thing Colledges Look At Most Is Ur Pictures. To See If Ur A Heavy Partier Or U Do Alot Of Stupid s**t. What Ur Tagged In By Ur Friends Unless Its A Bad Looking Pic Makes No Difference Bcuz YOU Didnt Post It. Savy? Ill Even Remove The Post.

I really just don't understand why this made her so mad. I know her really well, and she doesn't get upset unless she has a real reason. It just bugs me that she's making such a big deal because I don't want people to look at what I'm tagged in and think, "Why is a sixteen year old drinking and gambling?" Because I know that's what I'd think.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:35 pm
Have you tried talking to her face to face? Sometimes online posts can be taken the wrong way.

I don't really understand why she got mad either, though.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Maybe she has some problems with her family or something else. Maybe her boyfriend if she has one. Maybe you should try talking to her face-to-face if you haven't? I don't really get why she would say something like that... :/  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:26 pm
Very likely she had a bad day and took it out on you. You tried to be sensitive to her feelings but she obviously took it personally. I mean you DID tell her that her behavior is so offensive you don't want to be included in it. I know you told her as nicely as possible, but I think it still really hurt her feelings. I'd say apologize in person for hurting her feelings but don't back down on the issue. If she needs some time to cool off, give it to her.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Foxdilfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:13 pm
Yeah I agree with the other three. Also to piggy back off Frezeals point about things being taken wrong through text.

When someone reads a text or post they sometimes automatically (usually unaware of it) fill in blanks.
When we speak face to face theres hand gestures/body language/facial expressions/tone of voice... and just in general spirit to a person and conversation.

In comparison a text/post is pretty generic and so we see a lot of people misinterpreting intent/tone.
Still don't see why she got upset and you're right to be that cautious.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:27 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

Thanks guys smile I plan to call her soon (face to face is a little hard over a 6000 mile distance), and I think I figured out what was wrong.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas