Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
End of summer update and secret to weight loss revealed!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:35 am
I am a horrible member as far as being active and then disapearing for 3 months at a time. I was getting so frustrated with my journal. Plus I was doing myfitnesspal so it was repetitive. But, I exercised virtually every day, and I ate as healthy as I can afford too. Even my mother has gotten much better, she hasn't ordered pizza all summer and we've been eating fish and rice most nights. But the 12lbs I'd put back on over the winter refused to come off all summer long. Even though I was eating better and exercising more than the previous summer when I weighed 130lbs.

And then I accidentally lost it all in about 2 days. My secret, is binge drinking...Well that or the caffein cause I'm super sensitive to that. Anyways, not only did I throw up, well, everything I possibly could, but then I couldn't eat for 2 days. And I did try, I'd have like, a granola bar for a meal. Now I know this is not the healthy way to do things, but I didn't do it on purpose.

But here's the amazing part. I haven't put it back on yet! I lost 5lbs of the 8 I had left. This was 3 weeks ago. Now my theory is this. I have a big appetite, and this isn't entirely bad cause I'm very active, but my theory is that in the two days that I didn't eat, the "fast" gave my stomach and intestines the much needed time they never get to get rid of the fat that has been stuck there all year.

Now with 3lbs left to go, it seems like nothing, but my goal is not a number, my goal is to see my abs, which yes, are hidden by those 3lbs, I saw them when I hit 130 the day I threw up and lost them within the week. More importantly, now that summer is OVER and I'm back in school, I need to make sure I don't put any weight back ON.

So here is my new plan. I've decided to start drinking small amounts of caffein in the form of coffee flavored tea. This seems to be enough to curb my appetitie without making me not want to eat for two days lol. I do this cause my job had me biking every day and now I'm sitting in a classroom and my brain doesn't understand I don't need as much food.

Next, I am biking to school Mon-Wed provided it's not raining. Monday during my break I will swim 30mins-1hr. Two days a week I plan to zumba, but it's hard to go when my friends bail on me. In one week my other friend finishes her one month pass at a different gym and she'll be joining me every thursday. We have this 25 class pass to a studio that does zumba and a few other classes. I can't really afford a membership to anything right now, but I feel I need having a set time for a class to motivate me. Otherwise I procrastinate and never do the activites I set out for myself. I missed zumba last night cause my knee was hurting and sat I'm going to my cottage so not off to a good start.

So what do you think about a 24-48hr fast. I'm not talking long term starvation here. Just a once in a blue moon fast to help your body get rid of stuff. Some cultures do this religiously. There must be merit to it. I dunno if I'd have the strength to get through 24hrs with my normal appetite though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 am
I would try it, but I'm in band, so if I don't eat healthy I'll pass out. Which is a really good motive when you think about it..  

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games