Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Auto-Bump [Edited 1st post] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm
To change to auto bumps or not to change?
It's your choice people.

May also answer questions as long as it's within my knowledge.

Suggestions :

Include a reply box and an auto-reply box.
[Testing on Dolphin Section Page 1]
as you can see, the button's color is pretty much lighter. I apologize for that matter I hope you don't mind it being like that.

Possible Buttons to be used for the Auto-Bump:

User Image -- Monster Section
User Image -- Dolphin Section
User Image -- Watermeat Section
User Image -- Mixed Section
User Image -- Mermaid Section

● ● ● ● ● A Question for all ● ● ● ● ●

Would you like it better if the reply box (not the auto bump one) is empty or it has an automatic quote?

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● Answers regarding : ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

ninjaboy1989

this should not be an issue if the thread owner allows it sweatdrop
it is a bad thing to advertise in a specialized thread that has nothing to do with what your advertising 3nodding

example:

booty-grab thread owners most likely want to know where the bumps are coming from.

but for art/bump/services shop owners it is spam because the advertiser may steal costumers and it becomes a competition to keep the costumers in the shop 3nodding

---> Means it's not against the ToS as long as we're advertising something that IS related to that topic and somthing that is NOT out of Gaia.

I want to ask a MOD about this but I ish to scared sicne some people have warned me that there are MoD's that aren't... well very nice??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm
chiisai-akanbo

Hey Chii! Idk if you caught wind of this from my post, or from Ninjaboy, but if you'd like to see what I did with Dark Waters, you're more than welcome to look. <3

The reason there's now 2 bump links is fairly simple, I know when I play peoples tanks, no matter where they are, I have an advertisement invite for my guild that I like to paste into everyone's reply box BEFORE playing. I can't do this with the AutoBump. So I made it a second link next to the original Reply Box link. So people have a choice to just quickbump it, or write their scores, whether they got an item, or advertise for another thread. <3

It takes a little while to bump EVERYONE's thread to set it up, but once it's done, it does seem soo much nicer, especially since I don't necessarily have to advertise to people in my own guild. <3

Just a thought. Love you Chii!!! heart  

DarkErotica

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm
this idea really took off sweatdrop
if anyone needs more info about this feature
please go here 3nodding

click here to see it in action

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 pm
yes I think its good smile  

aryanayushi

Newbie Healer

22,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber

11,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:11 pm
DarkErotica

oh and i just updated your requests for mermaids 3nodding whee

i'm thinking of updating my links also for Reply box & quick links soon xp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:14 pm
DarkErotica
chiisai-akanbo

Hey Chii! Idk if you caught wind of this from my post, or from Ninjaboy, but if you'd like to see what I did with Dark Waters, you're more than welcome to look. <3

The reason there's now 2 bump links is fairly simple, I know when I play peoples tanks, no matter where they are, I have an advertisement invite for my guild that I like to paste into everyone's reply box BEFORE playing. I can't do this with the AutoBump. So I made it a second link next to the original Reply Box link. So people have a choice to just quickbump it, or write their scores, whether they got an item, or advertise for another thread. <3

It takes a little while to bump EVERYONE's thread to set it up, but once it's done, it does seem soo much nicer, especially since I don't necessarily have to advertise to people in my own guild. <3

Just a thought. Love you Chii!!! heart

I think my friend got it from your post not quite sure but I'll do check it out later am I a member of our guild already? I thought I joined before, well if not yet then LET MEH IIN! lool xD
Hmm that is a nice idea i hope you don't mind me posting another bump link too though >w<
**but but but I ish too lazeh D: ack...

I feel you on the everyone's thread part man such a hassle..
oh my I love youz too lol xDD can we get married please? lol xDD

ninjaboy1989
this idea really took off sweatdrop
if anyone needs more info about this feature
please go here 3nodding

click here to see it in action

it sure did I've been seeing a lot of people with
"AUTO BUMP ME" or something like that on their sig. *O*  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 pm
aryanayushi
yes I think its good smile

I think so too.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:27 pm
oh i have it xD

and trust me it saves you a whole lot of time  

mafia18 got banned

Prophet

15,675 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

DarkErotica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 pm
chiisai-akanbo
I think my friend got it from your post not quite sure but I'll do check it out later am I a member of our guild already? I thought I joined before, well if not yet then LET MEH IIN! lool xD
Hmm that is a nice idea i hope you don't mind me posting another bump link too though >w<

Yeah, I set a couple notepad files, and left them open with pre-fab "guild bump text" in it. Like this to be exact:
Your tank has been bumped from [Dark Waters]!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and I had a line of code, which was the first altered replybox link, and put that in another new notepad file. (it makes copying and pasting so much easier since you can leave each notepad file "select-all"ed)

It's easy to keep track of which you've changed and which you haven't because you'll get so used to seeing that pasted quote number all the time, that you'll be like, Oh I know that number, I must not have changed this one yet.

So I paste that new line of autobump code after EVERY tank's entry. Then I go back, with one regular list up in a tab, and the edit box open in another tab, and manually bump everyone's thread (from the guild mule of course, or else youll be getting notice spam like there's no tomorrow) Bump their thread with the one notepads contents, click quote, copy that url, and paste it in the edit box tab in place of the regular quote url that's already there. It takes a few entries to get the hang of it, but it got to the point where I was going so fast at it, that I kept getting the "You cannot post another message this soon" warning. And I only bumped each thread to do it once.

Btw, I don't think you ever joined. It's fine, I didn't really think about it until now, I know you were busy as hell when I started it. And if you DID hear about the AutoBump from me, it was probably through Momo since she's in my guild and would've seen the announcement. heart You're more than welcome to join at your leisure, and submit any and all tanks you have, I'd love to catch you glowing! heart

*kneels and hands you a ring..* Thar, ish offishul. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:33 pm
mafia18 got banned
oh i have it xD

and trust me it saves you a whole lot of time

:O
it seems lots of people love the auto bump
I...must...fight..tardiness....fight!!

gimme that whatever that is you're eating >o<  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 pm
DarkErotica
chiisai-akanbo

Yeah, I set a couple notepad files, and left them open with pre-fab "guild bump text" in it. Like this to be exact:
Your tank has been bumped from [Dark Waters]!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and I had a line of code, which was the first altered replybox link, and put that in another new notepad file. (it makes copying and pasting so much easier since you can leave each notepad file "select-all"ed)

It's easy to keep track of which you've changed and which you haven't because you'll get so used to seeing that pasted quote number all the time, that you'll be like, Oh I know that number, I must not have changed this one yet.

So I paste that new line of autobump code after EVERY tank's entry. Then I go back, with one regular list up in a tab, and the edit box open in another tab, and manually bump everyone's thread (from the guild mule of course, or else youll be getting notice spam like there's no tomorrow) Bump their thread with the one notepads contents, click quote, copy that url, and paste it in the edit box tab in place of the regular quote url that's already there. It takes a few entries to get the hang of it, but it got to the point where I was going so fast at it, that I kept getting the "You cannot post another message this soon" warning. And I only bumped each thread to do it once.

Btw, I don't think you ever joined. It's fine, I didn't really think about it until now, I know you were busy as hell when I started it. And if you DID hear about the AutoBump from me, it was probably through Momo since she's in my guild and would've seen the announcement. heart You're more than welcome to join at your leisure, and submit any and all tanks you have, I'd love to catch you glowing! heart

*kneels and hands you a ring..* Thar, ish offishul. biggrin

*jots down* yes master *O* waaaa that's A LOT OF WORK!
Omigosh *vows down* nah Momo's on a vacation somewhere and has been gone for almost...3 days or was it 4.. waa I don't have a tank yet since I'm busy with school I can't really stalk it probably on our next vacation xD

I do I doo!! *accepts the ring* boahahah xDDD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 pm
Personally, i like it as it saves time. I did both in in siggy as there are people who dont seem to like it biggrin  

Elegant Walnut

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:53 pm
Elegant Walnut
Personally, i like it as it saves time. I did both in in siggy as there are people who dont seem to like it biggrin

Oh so there are people who don't like it..
Hmm.. I'll keep that in mind >w<
love the avi >w<  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 pm
chiisai-akanbo
Elegant Walnut

Oh so there are people who don't like it..
Hmm.. I'll keep that in mind >w<
love the avi >w<

yup..they mentioned that they love to put bump stamps when bumping and in the case of auto bump, they're not able to do so  

Elegant Walnut

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 pm
oh this is actually a good thought. And I'm going to make mine have a choice of either autobump or not ^_^ *thumbs up for this*  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff