Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
HELP PLEASE!!! <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

autozzang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:55 pm
Alright so, I've been drawing for a while now and I love ittt. I've got my style down BUTTT, I'm sooo confused on anatomy and especially hands. D'you think you could help me? K thanks bye. heart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:45 pm
autozzang
Alright so, I've been drawing for a while now and I love ittt. I've got my style down BUTTT, I'm sooo confused on anatomy and especially hands. D'you think you could help me? K thanks bye. heart
the way I learned was drawing my own hands, if you need help posing them I suggest using a sign language alphabet.  

Captain Mariam

Trippin Tacos

Ruthless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 am
decent dA references/tips

I don't know hands perfectly, but with cartooning you can always cheat quite a bit. I just did a doodle on OC for ya of what I always do- (draw a mitten-like outline, then fill in only half the lines. This gives a suggestion of where fingers are and allows for a gesture & you don't need to worry about having every finger perfectly in place) :

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 am
DA has a lot of great resources. The most important thing is to practice--seriouslly, fill up pages and pages (or files and files) with hand sketches. Do different hands too--long and slender, beefy, pudgy, childlike, withered, etc. Hand studies are really the only way to train yourself to draw better hands.  

ScarletFrost

Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff