Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Fanworks
Albus/Scorpius ideas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AS/S Shipper?
  Hell YES
  Hell NO
  GOLD
View Results

kabulin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:24 am
I think I am really good at starting a story but I absolutely hate hate hate writing an ending. So here is what I have so far:

Albus and Scorpius have been friends since they were little and basically grew up together. At school, they act indifferent to each other but Albus is always there to help Scorpius who is in love with him. Main POV is Scorpius.

What else? I recently started writing fanfics (been writing originals that never end) so... how to spice things up?

Pretty sure that there are more amazing stories out there, but I just need a little push to get me going and I would love it if you, or anyone, would help me out.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:29 am

Ok, first question: What houses are both of them in?
How is Scorpius's interaction with the other Potter-Weasleys?
How do Draco and Harry feel about their sons being friends?
Does Al know about Scorpius's feelings?

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kabulin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 am
[Ren The Ryoko]

I'm thinking of putting Scorpius in Hufflepuff and Albus in Slytherin. Scorpius is more of a loner like Snape was so he only talks to Albus.
Draco and Harry knows that their kids know one another because they have been dragged to events but they don't really know anymore than that.
Al is completely clueless because I would like to think that even though he is a Slytherin, he still has his dad's blind trust almost.

Am I making any sense? Too simple and boring?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:38 am
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

I'm thinking of putting Scorpius in Hufflepuff and Albus in Slytherin. Scorpius is more of a loner like Snape was so he only talks to Albus.
Draco and Harry knows that their kids know one another because they have been dragged to events but they don't really know anymore than that.
Al is completely clueless because I would like to think that even though he is a Slytherin, he still has his dad's blind trust almost.

Works for me. Hufflepuff!Scorpius would be really interesting.

So I'm assuming you want Scorp and Al to end up together. So, does Scorp confess, or does Al find out?

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kabulin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:42 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

So I'm assuming you want Scorp and Al to end up together. So, does Scorp confess, or does Al find out?

Now that is the part I am stuck on. I have no idea how a person confesses to another. Yes, I do like happy endings but the path to that happy ending is the thing that is supposed to be worth the trip. I think this is sounding like a totally fluffy one shot. Well, if I ever finish it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:44 am
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

Now that is the part I am stuck on. I have no idea how a person confesses to another. Yes, I do like happy endings but the path to that happy ending is the thing that is supposed to be worth the trip. I think this is sounding like a totally fluffy one shot. Well, if I ever finish it.

I'm down for fluffy one shots, as long as the kids are written well and made interesting.
Hell, I spent today writing a Neville/Hannah fluffy one shot.

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kabulin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:47 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

I'm down for fluffy one shots, as long as the kids are written well and made interesting.

Nice! That sounds sweet! Totally going to creep on your ff.net account!

Any advice on how to get past the climax and to a nice finish on a fanfic?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:50 am
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

The Neville/Hannah will probably go up tomorrow once my beta reader is done looking at it.

Chapter one of Scorpius/James will probably be the day after that....

Um...write until it feels done, and then stop writing. Don't force yourself to make a fic longer than it has to be. Leave the audience happy, but wanting more. You want resolution but you dont want boredom, ya know?

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

kabulin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

The Neville/Hannah will probably go up tomorrow once my beta reader is done looking at it.

Um...write until it feels done, and then stop writing. Don't force yourself to make a fic longer than it has to be. Leave the audience happy, but wanting more. You want resolution but you dont want boredom, ya know?

Thanks for that! I needed it! I'll post anything else if I need any other help. Thanks Ren (or Ryoko?) for the help and recs. Calling it a night (for me) and will give an update soon!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 am
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]
kabulin
[Ren The Ryoko]

Thanks for that! I needed it! I'll post anything else if I need any other help. Thanks Ren (or Ryoko?) for the help and recs. Calling it a night (for me) and will give an update soon!

No problem. smile Welcome to the guild! I look forward to updates.

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Fanworks

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items