Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sad, Depressed and Lonely~!~

Back to Guilds

Come here to chat and hang out with people that understand 

Tags: depressed, lonely, people, suicidal, cheating 

Reply A need to vent/help others
Since when did my life decide to slap me in the face?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I even bother to continue doing what I love?
  yes
  Nope. You're hopeless
View Results

BijutsuHime

5,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:10 pm
Let me explain a little something about myself: I love art and music. I specifically love anime and like to draw it myself. I've been doing so since I was around 10. As a little kid, I loved picture books, comics and singing. I still do. Growing up my dream was to become a famous singer and comic book artist. After a few years, I slowly realized that trying to make it as a singer may not be the best path. There were plenty of others more talented and beautiful, so why would I bother if I couldn't compare?
I slowly grew more invested in my art. I draw realistically and in anime form. I slowly focused more on developing ideas on comics.

Well recently, with the help of my brother, I decided to work on a sort of fan comic, and a completely original comic on my own.
Not too long ago I was working on more concept art for the comic,when my father walk into the room. He looks at my laptop, basically tells me that it's good but I'll get nowhere with it. I'll just starve and he refuses to let his daughter become a starving artist. I get that he's trying to look out for me but It's crushing to hear this from somebody I respect and look up to and I can't help but feel so lost.....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:17 pm
I know and understand that he may not be the most enthusiastic about your art. Keep working at what you love to do though. There is no reason to quit. The more you work at it, the better you will get. Take art classes in school. If you love music then why not take choir as well? Don't let him get you down. Anything that's worth it in life takes time and patience to accomplish. Keep doing what you love, if for no other reason that you love it. Besides, your father may not understand what you're doing.  

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

DanceWithYourHeart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:41 am
BijutsuHime
Let me explain a little something about myself: I love art and music. I specifically love anime and like to draw it myself. I've been doing so since I was around 10. As a little kid, I loved picture books, comics and singing. I still do. Growing up my dream was to become a famous singer and comic book artist. After a few years, I slowly realized that trying to make it as a singer may not be the best path. There were plenty of others more talented and beautiful, so why would I bother if I couldn't compare?
I slowly grew more invested in my art. I draw realistically and in anime form. I slowly focused more on developing ideas on comics.

Well recently, with the help of my brother, I decided to work on a sort of fan comic, and a completely original comic on my own.
Not too long ago I was working on more concept art for the comic,when my father walk into the room. He looks at my laptop, basically tells me that it's good but I'll get nowhere with it. I'll just starve and he refuses to let his daughter become a starving artist. I get that he's trying to look out for me but It's crushing to hear this from somebody I respect and look up to and I can't help but feel so lost.....

Well, in my opinion, keep doing what you are doing, despite what anyone else says/thinks, and just because your father thinks that, it doesnt necessarily mean it is true at all, dont let it crush you too much.
If you ever need anyone to talk to I am always here, just drop me a PM/Send me a friend request.
Keep doing what you are good at, and eventually there will be a reward.
Hope I have helped<3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 pm
my mom had done the same thing im into drawing pretty much anything n i wanted to be a artist n she said tht they dont get paid very much and i shuldnt put tht in one of the things i wanna do. she crushed my dreams.
i think u shuld do wht u like best. make urself happy. even tho ur dad may say this u never know in the future ur art can be amazinly popular smile  

13ULL3TZ

Hilarious Businesswoman

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
A need to vent/help others

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items