Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hi~
  Gold
View Results

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm
You know I put John 3:16 on my signature. People are asking me what it says in John 3:16.. Isn't that great that people are asking?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:53 pm
angelic snow angel
You know I put John 3:16 on my signature. People are asking me what it says in John 3:16.. Isn't that great that people are asking?

Isn't that some sort of Wrestling Thing?  

Matt Pniewski

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm
Tell them to ask the great god Google, who gives answers to all who seek them. wink

But really, are any of us surprised?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:41 pm
"for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever beleiveth in him may shove said beleifs down the throats of others and feel justified"? I think my translation might be off.
Either way, people are probably asking about it because to anyone not aquainted with the bible it simply looks like gigbberish.  

Lazarus The Resurected

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:02 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
Tell them to ask the great god Google, who gives answers to all who seek them. wink

But really, are any of us surprised?

rofl This is why I love you.

Honestly, I've heard John 3:16 so much it just doesn't really mean much to me. I remember hearing it all the time when I was younger when I didn't know anything about Christianity, and it still doesn't mean much to me. I guess it's just really cliche to me. Each generation has a verse they cling to- during colonial times it was the "Go forth and make disciples of all the nations" verse. Now it's John 3:16. Not saying it's a bad verse, just not nearly as meaningful to my personal faith journey as others. I personally really like 1 John 3:11 "This is the message you have heard from the beginning- that we should love one another."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:20 am
Personally I find a lot of meaning in this passage.

Son being the image of God. The Son is the guide that sets the highest standard of what even the holiest of Saints can even barely achieve but at the same time shows us that it is humanly possible to live a life in communion with the Father. The world is a metaphor for our perspective and outlook. Our "world" is not condemned by following the Son but it is redeemed. Even if our "world" is in line with the Law, the Law is useless without the Christ to redeem it. That love and reason redeems the world and brings it closer to God. One's life can become more lively with love and reason guiding it, rather than a dull dead obedience to a list of do's and don't. If we are too afraid of pissing off the gods in our head, how can we hope to do God's will?  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Faintattack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm
It is very amazing that people are asking, and by them asking you get a chance to share God with them and his meaning to you! I think the only way to get people to understand God is by allowing them and sharing with them the love that we get from him. I could never be a full thrown evangelist irl because of my thought process in sharing God though haha. I guess that is why my spiritual gift is service.  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games