Artist Opinions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manadag
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:34 pm
A Graphic Artist says that Gaiaonline is full of kids you think they are great artists, but are actually terrible. I for one know that I am a great artist and I know a lot of other Gaiaonline members who are wonderful artists. Given the label of a profession like "Graphic Artist" doesn't permit someone to downsize others that hold real potential. We all start out somewhere, bearing unique skills that develop and grow over time and we devote ourselves into honing these skills and forming style. Art takes practice. People who may start out rough in the beginning can become even better than this "Graphic Artist", so I wouldn't go downsizing others work. Instead, I would give people respectable and constructive criticism, advice, and tips on how to better themselves.

Everyone has room to improve and we should be allowed the time to practice and become better artists. What do you the rest of you artists think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:30 am
I agree with you. In the graphic art profession all you do is make logos and banner for a companies. It doesn't make this person a master artist. First this person must ask himself/herself is art meant to be photo realistic? If it was I might as well buy a photo. and putting down somebody because the have less drawing experience then you is cruel and selfish. At least these "Kids" are putting their art out there and have no fear doing so. They have more courage then some no named graphic artist who can do nothing but judge someone from the side lines. If you have only started out your work will be considered bad but that doesn't mean you must just give up. Keep going that is the only way it will improve and NEVER GIVE UP. Just do it that s all there is to it.

Sorry if I got carried away sweatdrop xd 3nodding  

Wolf Born Samurai

3,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Chatterbox [=w=]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items