Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
I screwed up meh tank~ T_T

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm
So, I think I screwd up my tank mainly because I didn't add all my mermaids at the same time and only 6-8 of them glow every 3 hours usually. Is there a way to fix this? D: And is it affected by the 2 different fishes I stuffed in there even if they have high trigger rates? D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:57 pm
Kyona Faolchu Liath
So, I think I screwd up my tank mainly because I didn't add all my mermaids at the same time and only 6-8 of them glow every 3 hours usually. Is there a way to fix this? D: And is it affected by the 2 different fishes I stuffed in there even if they have high trigger rates? D:

I don't believe potential glow times are affected by the time that they were introduced to the tank. Mermaids don't have as high of a trigger rate as dolphins and such. Even Grunny Subs have a similar problem. I can't say anything 100% sure, but I believe each fish has it's own trigger rate, and I'll admit I didn't add any of my mermaids at the same time either, but I'll have 3 fish glows, and then later I'll have an 8 fish glow. I'm more inclined to assume that mermaids just have a lower trigger percent, so you'll almost never have a FULL glow. I don't recall ever playing a mermaid tank that had more than 10 glowing at a time either. Like I said, I can't give you a 100% sure answer, but it makes sense. Hope it helps.
heart DE heart  

DarkErotica

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:25 pm
DarkErotica

I don't believe potential glow times are affected by the time that they were introduced to the tank. Mermaids don't have as high of a trigger rate as dolphins and such. Even Grunny Subs have a similar problem. I can't say anything 100% sure, but I believe each fish has it's own trigger rate, and I'll admit I didn't add any of my mermaids at the same time either, but I'll have 3 fish glows, and then later I'll have an 8 fish glow. I'm more inclined to assume that mermaids just have a lower trigger percent, so you'll almost never have a FULL glow. I don't recall ever playing a mermaid tank that had more than 10 glowing at a time either. Like I said, I can't give you a 100% sure answer, but it makes sense. Hope it helps.
heart DE heart
Aaaah, I didn't know that different fishes had different trigger rates! The list of fish I was using only classified them as High and Low. Oops >< Thanks for you answer though! I'm kinda happy to know I'm not the only one having that kind of trouble.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm
Kyona Faolchu Liath
Aaaah, I didn't know that different fishes had different trigger rates! The list of fish I was using only classified them as High and Low. Oops >< Thanks for you answer though! I'm kinda happy to know I'm not the only one having that kind of trouble.

Yeah, I haven't really looked into the % statistics or anything, but Grunny Subs seem to have the same if not a little higher of a trigger rate as Memphis Mermaids. Airsharks and Giant Stone Coatls seem to have the same trigger rate as Dolphins, but between the 3, Dolphins are the cheapest, even though it's not by too much. I haven't really gotten deep into keeping track of things like Outlaw Pups, or Lawnsharks. But they seem to have a pretty good trigger rate also, and also seem to drop around the same amount of gold as the Memphis. Also, as much as people seem to love Gwees so much, they really don't drop a whole lot of gold, I'd say maybe half of what Memphis drop, but I don't have any and can't be 100% positive.

I'd have to say Airsharks and Giant Stone Coatls net the highest games, but as far as getting your money's worth out of a fish, the Memphis are your best bet. Airsharks and Coatl's only live for what, 4 or 5 weeks, and might make double what Memphis make, but Memphis live for 40 weeks, which is incredible, and if I remember right, they're the longest living fish available. You might not have full tank glows, you might not get really high returns on your glows, but your fish are relatively cheap, and they last for over 3/4 of a year. smile

Hope all the info helps!
heart DE heart  

DarkErotica

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm
Kyona Faolchu Liath

I had a tank full of 17 mermaids and even though I put them all in at the same time not every single one of them will glow at the same time. Sometimes it might be 10, or 6 or even all of them. They just glow each on there own time. Only dolphins, grunny subs, irrawaddy dolphins, airsharks, outlaw pups, and stone coatls glow all together all the time. There are other fishes too, but they aren't high trigger ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 pm
O_O I'm glad to know that I didn't screw up so badly xD I guess I'll go for mermaid since I don't think I'll have much time to play and make money to replace a full tank of fishes when school starts again! Thank you all for your input! heart  

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items