Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Questing HQ
[U/C] Mari's Quest for her Mistral Wind Kalona!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxUser Image
xoxoxoxoxoxHello! Welcome to my,... slightly messy, wannabe-fancy quest thread! Though really, who cares what
the quest thread looks like, when really, the main point of interest here is the quest itself, yes?

This quest is not for a group of Soquili, but instead it's for one mare in particular, a cold, uncaring, rather bitter Kalona
by the name of Olephias. She's a character I've had for quite a few years now, and actually made originally for a 7th
grade project. I'd brought her to Gaia in the form of one of my favorite lionesses by the same name, and I now find
myself wanting to move here here, to my new home, in Soquili.

The next few posts will detail my quest for Phia, and will also give further details on the mare herself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 am
xoxoxoxoxo.1 Introduction
xoxoxoxoxo.2 Table of Contents
xoxoxoxoxo.3 Olephias
xoxoxoxoxo.4 Custom Form
xoxoxoxoxo.5 Reference Images
xoxoxoxoxo.6 Quest Funds
xoxoxoxoxo.7 Credit
xoxoxoxoxo.8 Reserve
xoxoxoxoxo.9 Reserve
xoxoxoxox1.o Reserve  

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 am

xoxoxoxoxoxoxn a m e :: Olephias
xoxoxoxoxoxoxp r o n u n c i a t i o n :: Oh LEF-ee us
xoxoxoxoxoxoxn i c k n a m e s :: Ollie, Phia (Most common)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxs p e c i e s :: Purebred Kalona
xoxoxoxoxoxoxg e n d e r :: Female
xoxoxoxoxoxoxt e m p e r :: Cold

xoxoxoxoxoxoxl i k e s :: Cold weather, night time, the wind, snow. Mountains. Other Purebreds. Challenges. Respect. Also... sugar cubes.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxd i s l i k e s :: Heat. Unicorns. The sun. Particularly 'happy' Soquili. Inferior creatures. The color brown pink. Rainbows and butterflies. Most types of dog. Two-leggers.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxp e r s o n a l i t y :: At first glance Olephias would appear to be your typical Kalona: Cruel. Heartless. Your stereotypical 'evil' character. In all honesty, that is... pretty close to how one might describe Olephias, however less extreme. Phia is very cold, in more ways than one. She cares very little for the well being of others, though it's not necessarily because she's selfish. She simply doesn't care. About much of anything. In fact, she's rather emotionless at times. These... 'emotions' do not come to Olephias easily. Sadness is something she never truly understood,.... Amusement, yes, though Happiness is something many, many, many years away from Olephias's life. Anger, no. Irritation, absolutely. Love? Absolutely not. At least, not quite yet.
She understands what these emotions are. What they look like. She can see them on other Soquili. Though she herself can not feel them, for what ever reason.
Because of this, she often responds to things differently than most.... in a way, sarcastically, if not just flat out rudely.

Perhaps it's better to say that Olephias does not know how to express herself, and because of this, she often treats those around her in a cruel manner. Those who plan on making themselves a reoccurring acquaintance of Olephias,... might want to learn how to deal with harsh comments and harsher physical treatment.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:22 am

Edit Category: Minor
Soquili Species: Kalona.
Body Build: Regular. With the leg feathers.
Starting Stage: Adult
Concept Origin: Original Character
WIP Needed? Sure!

~*~ Colors & Markings ~*~
Body: I ramble a lot: Short version is basically, look at Pride Lands pet reference. Once you're done, come back and read my description. It will make much more sense.

Her colors range between a simple White, to shades around #b4eebb, along with other colors such as #a5cde9 and #1b2c59 (These are just basic colors, and probably not the best options for the flat coloring, since they may turn out too dark). Anyway.
Basically, the mare's base coat is white, with very light blue shading. As you go down her forelegs, there is a transition from the more light green tone, into the darker blue tone, that begins a short ways above the knee. A ways below that, a rather gentle, perhaps glowing sort of 'wind' design appears, which color-wise is a gradient of the lighter blues and greens. I would imagine that towards the bottom of her leg, where the fur spreads, the lighter tone would completely cover the fur, so as the small bit of visible hoof itself, would return to the darker blue color from earlier.
Her back legs are basically just reversed. They go from the dark blue to the light green as they go down, just there is no marking.

Face: Her face is rather simple. It is mostly light, with sort of a slight undertone of the blue that only truly shows up in the shaded parts. She has the typical, small, hardly noticiple Kalona [removed](Used in the sample Kalona pictures). The 'white' of her eyes are black, where as her eyes are colored. Her right (of picture) eye is blue, where her left (of picture) eye is green, and both are slightly glowing and solid. I'd like to point out that in BOTH references, the eye colors are reversed. For the Soquili I flipped them intentionally, because I want her green eye to be the more visible one, where the blue eye is farthest.
Mane: The short way to describe this is 'Shaggy and tri-toned'. To get the gist of the looks, look at her human form pictured below. Note that the dark blue and the green colors in her mane all sort of stick to the left side of her hair. This is intentional, as the rest of her hair is light blue/white.
Tail: Either of the Devil tail designs for Kalonas. This is up to you. Whichever design turns out working more for the mare. As for colors, I would imagine it would start out the dark blue color of the mare's rear end/hips, and towards the end, fade into white/light blue. You of course can have some fun with the mane, such as make it longer so it goes past her shoulders,.. also make it thicker, and shaggier. Just sort of have fun. My main concern is the colors.
Hooves/Fetlocks: See 'Body', as I described it there.
Reference Image(s): Original Pet This is best for the placement of her colors, and my only reference for her foreleg markings. COMPLETELY ignore the wind/wing designs on her shoulder/back. Since she has real wings now, these aren't necessary.
For her mane, wings, colors, and further inspiration....Here
And of course, the Plushie version of her, which is flat out spot on, with the exception of her eyes. Her necklace would also hang lower.

~*~ Physical Traits ~*~
Horn(s): Demonhorns style 1 (So the second style from the left on the Kalona chart),...Preferably not hiding the ears? [/shot] These can just be in the dark blue used elsewhere on her body, with light green at the very tips. These will probably be mostly hiding behind her bangs I'd imagine.
Wings: Kalona Wing style 5 (The large, down-faced wings). Basically, my suggestion is to just look at the human reference photo. The leathered part of the wings are light blue, the feathers closest to the leather are green, where those farthest are dark blue. I'd figure the dark blue here would blend in with the dark blue on her back/back legs, etc, so it's all kinda seamless. Also, the 'claws' on the wings are gray.

~*~ Accessories & Edits ~*~
Custom Items: Her edits are simple. She has simple, light blue ribbons around each of her legs that simply drape to the floor. On her forelegs, the ribbons begin above whree her markings start, where on her back leg, they begin just above her knee. Her other edit is related, being a ribbon of the same color, wrapped around her neck. In the center of the ribbon there is a small tassel/clasp (design is at the artist's disgretion), that attaches to a simple light green, glowing crystal that falls in the center of her chest or so.
Reference Image(s) for Items: View her above references. Same thing.

~*~ Tag Specifics ~*~
Name of horse: Olephias
Owner: Marinity
Breed: Kalona
Temper: Cold
Mate: None
Tag Background: 005 Magic Forest (By Ameh)
Tag frame color: One of the dark blue colors to match Olephias would be wonderful
Tag feather color(s): Colors matching the mare. Specifics are unnecessary.

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 am

My Pride Lands version of her, Olephias.
User Image

A PERFECTLY done plush version of her by Slimycrow <3
User Image

A BEAUTIFUL reference of her done on the Trial lines, But Yumitoko II biggrin DDD
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 am

1,770,000 / 2,100,000

Rinial and Thalea need to just marry me. :>

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:36 am

Original (Pride Lands) Olephias Coloring: Fantasy_Rocks13
Olephias concept: Myself (Marinity)
Olephias Human-Form Art: Original sketch by my cousin. Ink and color done by myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:42 am

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 am
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am

Secondary/Side Quests:

All of these are quests I have,... sort of on the side. I want them close to, or just as much as Olephias, I am just strictly focusing on Olephias to maintain my sanity.

[x][x] Zevran Arainai - Dragon Age: Origins
[x][x] Flemeth - Dragon Age II
[x][x] The Architect - Dragon Age: Origins Awakening

[x][x] Anders - Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Dragon Age II
[x][x] Nathaniel Howe - Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Dragon Age II

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

Marinity

Mewling Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:46 am
Aaaaall righty then o 3o That's all the posts I should need.

If it is your desire, you may post now. Questions, Comments, Concerns,.... Hell, future PLOT ideas for whenever I manage to get her, please, lay them on me!

p.s. I'll add actual background information for her tomorrow/later today (It is, after all, 3:45 in the morning). It'll be there in the 'Olephias' post, don't worry. <3

Questing HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games