Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Zumba or 30-Minute Express Workout?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which class should I take to lose weight?
  Zumba (2 Times a Week for an hour)
  30 Minute Express Workout (Monday - Thursday for 30-Minutes a day)
View Results

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 am
Alright, my greatest weakness in losing weight is keeping a schedule. I can switch my diet and that's not a problem, but exercising is the bigger issue. I need the stability of a class to workout and not forget my goal.

The problem is, I'm torn between two classes. Here's the main points...

Zumba is a 2-Day a week class that lasts an hour each session. Is offered by my college, and I can go to class at the time they schedule it. The problem is, as I've stated before, it's an hour long, is high impact, and is very fast-paced.

The 30 Minute Express Workout is a class that meets Monday - Thursday, for 30 Minutes a day. There is less high-impact exercises right away in the class than Zumba.

What are your ideas? Should I do an hour of Zumba? Or a 30 Minute workout for more than two days a week? Advice?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:11 pm
If you're a beginner, avoid Zumba. I voted for it because of the hour-long session time, since I hadn't read all of your post. sweatdrop High-impact is not suggested for people just starting out.

The only problem with the 30 Minute Express class, it seems, it how short it is. 30 minutes is gone in the blink of an eye as soon as you get into it. Still, after everything considered, you're better off with it.

Almost Poetic

Lorelei Yeager

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:57 pm
Almost Poetic
If you're a beginner, avoid Zumba. I voted for it because of the hour-long session time, since I hadn't read all of your post. sweatdrop High-impact is not suggested for people just starting out.

The only problem with the 30 Minute Express class, it seems, it how short it is. 30 minutes is gone in the blink of an eye as soon as you get into it. Still, after everything considered, you're better off with it.

Thank you so much for the advice. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:19 am
Can you start with 30min express and if it's not challenging try Zumba?

I love love love zumba, and I go with my two friends and we are all different in athletic capabilities. But the point of zumba is to sweat for 1hr and it doesn't really matter if you're not able to keep up, as long as you sweat. But you have to enjoy it or you won't stick to it. So if you get upset at not being able to keep up, then maybe wait on it. On the other hand, it can be fun to see yourself progress.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games