Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Q&A
More Questions About L.A.B.B.!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 pm
~ Sorry for asking so many questions in regards to the story, but, like I mentioned before, I'm writing a fic that follows the storyline very closely.
I don't want to make any mistakes and contradict Another Note, even if it is just a fic.

My first question is about when B sent the puzzle to the LAPD.
In the book, L mentions that B used a forwarding system to send the letter so it's untraceable.
I'm not familiar with postal forwarding systems so I'm confused as to how it works.
How can you send a letter that is untraceable?
Doesn't there have to be a name and address on the letter?

Secondly, how do you suppose he calculated the time it would take for the letter to arrive to the police?
He needed it to arrive exactly 9 days before his first murder or his plan would fall apart.

Thirdly, do you think B knew when L would become involved in the case?
I mean, L could have gotten involved right after the puzzle was sent rather than after the third murder, causing him to restrategize the entire plan.

Lastly, did B actually know that Naomi Misora would be L's pawn?
Did he actually know what day and time she would be at the fist crime scene?
If not, how coincidental!

Thank you all so much for baring with me.
I apologize in advance if I continue to post annoying questions.
If it's any consolation, I promise you all that you can read my story when it is complete.
And no, it is NOT a yaoi, so it's safe for non-yaoi fans. 3nodding ~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm
1. Typically a forwarding system means that the letter is sent to an address that is no longer in use, or for someone who no longer lives there, and it is then sent to another address of which the person lived/lives at. Probably he had the letter sent to someone from the LAPD, and it got forwarded several times until it ended up at the office itself.

2. I'm not sure how the time would be calculated. xD Probably just by figuring that the letter would take one to two days to get to the first house, a day or so for the forwarding to send it to the next location, and then another two days to get to the house after that. Especially if he was sending the letter FROM LA, rather than from somewhere else in the country.

3. I don't think B knew exactly when L would become involved. But for the police to ask L to become involved in the case, there had to be an obvious pattern to follow. They had to realize that there would be more deaths, and that the case was far too advanced for them. I'm sure B figured L would jump in somewhere after the second or third murders, because by that time there had to be some sort of pattern that only L would find.

4. B had no idea who L's pawn would be. Mello said so himself, and even in that, B underrated Naomi, which caused his downfall.  

Myuki Tod

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:21 am
Myuki Tod
1. Typically a forwarding system means that the letter is sent to an address that is no longer in use, or for someone who no longer lives there, and it is then sent to another address of which the person lived/lives at. Probably he had the letter sent to someone from the LAPD, and it got forwarded several times until it ended up at the office itself.

2. I'm not sure how the time would be calculated. xD Probably just by figuring that the letter would take one to two days to get to the first house, a day or so for the forwarding to send it to the next location, and then another two days to get to the house after that. Especially if he was sending the letter FROM LA, rather than from somewhere else in the country.

3. I don't think B knew exactly when L would become involved. But for the police to ask L to become involved in the case, there had to be an obvious pattern to follow. They had to realize that there would be more deaths, and that the case was far too advanced for them. I'm sure B figured L would jump in somewhere after the second or third murders, because by that time there had to be some sort of pattern that only L would find.

4. B had no idea who L's pawn would be. Mello said so himself, and even in that, B underrated Naomi, which caused his downfall.

~ Thank you for your helpful response!

So, could he write a fake name and address as the sender then send it to a home he knew no one was currently living in at the moment?
I thought that the forward would send right back to the post office unless he for some reason tried to send the letter to the LAPD directly, which I find unlikely. ~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:01 am
K021 N1V3K
Myuki Tod

So, could he write a fake name and address as the sender then send it to a home he knew no one was currently living in at the moment?
I thought that the forward would send right back to the post office unless he for some reason tried to send the letter to the LAPD directly, which I find unlikely. ~

Yes, he could, making the letter, as stated before, untraceable by any practical measures.
To be really honest, B could have just wrote an LA address that doesn't exist with a fake name and leave no fingerprints (something he does all the time in this book) so in truth that would be untraceable as well as long he didn't drop it at the post office in-person or anything like that.  

R U N A W A Y violinist

Unleashed Lunatic

K021 N1V3K

8,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:20 am
DJ Sanctum
K021 N1V3K
Myuki Tod

Yes, he could, making the letter, as stated before, untraceable by any practical measures.
To be really honest, B could have just wrote an LA address that doesn't exist with a fake name and leave no fingerprints (something he does all the time in this book) so in truth that would be untraceable as well as long he didn't drop it at the post office in-person or anything like that.

~ Thank you very much. ~

Death Note Q&A

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff