Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Staying Motivated?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you staying motivated?
  yes
  not really
View Results

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:44 pm
first off, sorry for not posting as much as i used to ive been busy with so much stuff.

anyways, im just here to give everyone support. yes, the road to weight loss is hard. there are many excuses, temptations, not enough hours in a day, all the way to seeing the scale go up a pound after a lot of hard work. but when hanging in there and showing how dedicated you are to reaching your goal then you can reach it. i know ive had a lot of setbacks but i forgive each and keep going.

however, my motivation is that i know now my butt may have to be fitting in a wedding dress in a couple years. i was absent from here for a bit but since the time i was gone i went from a tight size 14 to a tight size 10.and im going to keep trying to drop more.even though ive gone down in sizes i will admit i haven't dropped as much actual weight as i would have like to but i realized ive become pretty muscular...muscles weighs more then fat after all.ill keep yall updated on my sizes.

so let's keep the motivation going.

Discuss:
tell us what keeps you motivated.
your progress so far.
how you feel about your progress.

if you can't seem to stay motivated:
what obstacles are you facing?
what is keeping you from being motivated?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 am
My motivation at first was that I was unhealthy and none of my clothes fit, and I wanted to at least get back to where I was in high school (about 150), and then once I started, I thought, "I've come this far, why stop?". I am doing this to be healthy, but I'll admit that clothes are my main motivation. I want to always be able to find my size in things I like, and wear things without worrying that they are horribly unflattering because they show my fat too much.

So far, I've dropped on jean size, from a tight 10 to a comfortable 8, and lost almost 20lbs. It doesn't seem like a lot based on the size, but I look a LOT better and I feel much better too. Sometimes I have a moment where I think "I've barely lost anything, this will never work", but then I realize that I actually have come pretty far already, and I just need to have a little patience.  

Majnooni

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am
Majnooni
My motivation at first was that I was unhealthy and none of my clothes fit, and I wanted to at least get back to where I was in high school (about 150), and then once I started, I thought, "I've come this far, why stop?". I am doing this to be healthy, but I'll admit that clothes are my main motivation. I want to always be able to find my size in things I like, and wear things without worrying that they are horribly unflattering because they show my fat too much.

So far, I've dropped on jean size, from a tight 10 to a comfortable 8, and lost almost 20lbs. It doesn't seem like a lot based on the size, but I look a LOT better and I feel much better too. Sometimes I have a moment where I think "I've barely lost anything, this will never work", but then I realize that I actually have come pretty far already, and I just need to have a little patience.

congratulations on the 20lbs. hope you stick to it and reach your goal!i will admit that since i dropped a few sizes i can't help but look in the mirror and just smile because of my accomplishment thus far. i still have a way to go but i bought really cute a pair of jeans sizes 8 so im trying to work even harder.plus i see that my mom is starting to get motivated by seeing me and so im starting to get her involved too.so far she has lost about 10lbs.weight loss is definitely does require a lot of patience.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm
how about the rest of yall?  

BitterFantasy

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 pm
My motivation was that since I was going to high school and going to be in band I didn't want to be pudgy, and I was going to get fit the way I was when I played basketball.

I'm a Sophmore now and I've gone from 156 to 131 in a span of a year, almost 30 pounds, and now that it matches up with my 5' 9'', I'm building up muscle because I know that whatever I do I'll be going somewhere and opening new doors that were locked when I ate junk food and stayed hooked to the couch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 am
My motivation is wanting to be comfortable in my own skin. When I see clothes that I want to wear but can't fit into or won't look attractive on me, then I get hyped up to wanting to lose weight and wanting to eat right. Last year I lost 23 pounds and I've managed to keep it off so that's also even more motivation, I've done it once, I can do it again. Seeing a lot of the before and after pictures are also inspiring so when I feel like being motivated, I'll look at everyone's success pictures.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

rahna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:56 pm
My motivation was simply looking better. Cause I was shedding fat like crazy. I fit my clothes better, I felt better...

And then I hit a stumbling block and my rear end suddenly inflated on me!! And now nothing I do is working!!

If you've got a pep talk ready for me, I would love to hear it. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, I'm too scared to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:48 am
Weight loss is something I've always wanted to do but never felt the right kind of motivation. Last year, I weighed 130 lbs. This year, I reached my highest weight of 190 lbs. I went to an anime convention and was amazed at all the girls running around in awesome outfits and cosplay that I'd love to wear...but would never look good in at my current weight. I decided that I had to go back to what I was because everything is much more difficult now. Clothes are hard to find, I can't cosplay to my heart's content, and almost everything I do requires a fatty grunt.

To help add motivation, my friend and I made a bet. Whoever loses the most weight before the next convention wins. That's helping too, because I'm very competitive. I've lost four pounds so far. smile  

Java Ice

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games